Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

as a kind of wedding present to myself.

Surely there was someone else who could have been involved in this gift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

HopperUK posted:

gently caress yeah, maximise just enjoying the things you like and not minding if people who know more tease you about it.

What if I enjoy voting libdem

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

gin brewer (?)

Ginster

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Political Capital Gains

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

I think paying nurses more would send a clear message to Putin. Can we put that to the government?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Does a Behr poo poo in the newspaper?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Lol isreali press racing around twitter putting out copyright claims on any piece of footage where someone mentions palestine

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Lol whenever I'm talking to a colleague about a TV show I'm watching they're always like "what service is that on?" and it's starting to feel like a trick question

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I can confirm that when I accidentally heard that the numbers coming out of the ball performance were the wrong numbers, I nearly spilled my extra vegan double soy latte with my own cum in it

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

keep punching joe posted:

Oxford English Dictionary has selected 'goblin mode' as it's word of the year.

But surely that is two words?

Lol looks like you just got goblin moded

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
(I don't know what it means)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Oh I didn't know that was a mode. Can it be turned off?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

No moon simile, 4/10

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Looks like someone overengineered a guillotine after hearing a description of one in a loud pub

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Starting to feel to egg shortage here. I need me some drat eggs

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
It's The Thought That Counts. And the Thought is About The Children

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Speaking of my struggle with eggs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63864786

quote:

The UK is "sleepwalking" into a food supply crisis and the government must step in to help farmers, the National Farmers Union (NFU) has warned.

Yields of tomatoes and other crops will likely slump to record lows this year, it said, with potential supply problems ahead as already seen with eggs.

Soaring fuel, fertiliser and feed costs were putting farmers under severe pressure, it added.

But the government said that the UK has "highly resilient food supply chain".

Some supermarkets are rationing egg sales after farmers cut back or halted production because of rising costs - a situation made worse by the Avian flu outbreak.

However, the NFU warned that food producers in other areas were now facing difficulties.

It said production of energy-intensive crops like tomatoes, cucumbers and pears was likely to hit its lowest level this year since records began in 1985.

It also said milk prices were likely to fall below the cost of production, while beef farmers were considering reducing the number of cows they breed.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I'd imagine they spend a very short time thinking about children. Probably done in 2 minutes

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Genuinely starting to think I should have poured a couple grand of savings into canned goods at the start of the pandemic. Everything is so much more expensive now.

The only thing stopping me was lack of space but if I had a garden and a shed I might have done it.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

Living well is the best revenge, especially while your opponent shits their own rivers and coasts.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Jemergy Crisis

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I'm not certain those tweets are serious/bots? I mean if they were a disinformation bot why would they reply to the message they're copying. That's like me trying to steal someone's invention by referencing their original patent, a bit self defeating

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
It was mentioned earlier in the thread that you can just not consent to DD increases, so let them know that and just wait for your account to be in debit so you know what you actually owe (and can pay accordingly)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I can't tell you how little I wanted to open a god drat pdf just to read what the royal mail are saying but I did it and here it is

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Back in my day I frequently had serious harm done to me and it didn't do me any harm

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

If you want your gf to peg you you should sort that out before you get married. Honestly these royals are loving useless.

🎶 If you liked it then you shoulda put your ring on it

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

The Perfect Element posted:

Oh we posting our cats now?

It seems so

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

If you want to survive post-impact winter have you tried hugging your mammal for warmth

Yours sincerely,
Your gas company

(ps. looking forward to digging you back up)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Gotta appreciate the symmetry in your heating

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It is definitely a good idea to cram all of the poor people together in one place all day while there are several highly infectious and randomly lethal viruses ripping their way through the population.

If they get a fever their bodies will be warmer

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Worst cat picture so far, sorry

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Clothes banks, where you go to put some clothes on (the clothes may not be taken off the premises)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

endlessmonotony posted:

Those -30C nights will get real expensive...

The 30C summer days even more so

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Cards on the table,

https://twitter.com/boring_as_heck/status/604761050857095168

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

how are you supposed to colour in a loving ghost

With your ephemeral apparition pencil

idiot

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Jel Shaker posted:

can see your willy out on the reflection

Yes that's how we know it's cold

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Bloody Muslims coming over here and forcing Christianity down our throats

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

DesperateDan posted:

Small dilemma

Got an amazon delivery today- driver didn't knock, just opened the door and came in the place, left the parcel in the hallway then left as I was legging it up the hall to figure out who just walked in

normally the door is locked but one of my kids had come in a few mins ago and not shut it yet

complain and risk the guy getting in poo poo with a poo poo company, or not complain and the guy risks getting his poo poo kicked in when he tries that on the wrong house?

His thinking was probably "oh they've left the door open so that I can put it inside and it won't get nicked, they'll probably appreciate that" so I would deffo not report it

However you should report your kid for poor security

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Tesseraction posted:

then one of us started dating the manager at the other one round the corner and it basically became our fiefdom

Lol this just reminded me of when Ober became a manager and started asking the thread about how to be poo poo to his underlings at the castle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Thanks, this is really useful. As my block of flats is over 55s and most residents are in their 80s, we just put a blanket, wind-up torch and folding chair in the lift in case there's a powercut (or other breakdown) while someone is using it.

What, and no book? What are they supposed to do, have a wank?