Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I wouldn't use "where are you from?" as an icebreaker but if you're genuine in trying to get to know someone then that topic will organically emerge in conversation anyway, so you won't need to be that clumsy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Dolores has had as many jobs as Weetman has had degrees.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

He could always run as a Labour candidate, they'd be delighted if he joined them.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

"These strikes are wrong at a time when negotiations are still going on".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/1601642568978075648?s=20&t=g0Lx20QDhWZabHNxjtCh6g

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Mebh posted:

Me, I just call them cunts.
My exact same thought lol

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

on the other, it seems to have emboldened the most tedious cunts alive to think that people live for these negative interactions
"It's cheaper to retain a customer than it is to gain a new one" is a mantra I've seen expressed at almost every company I've worked for, but at the retail level it meant that there are policies in place to help customers when they have legitimate complaints.

But when a customer is an absolute dick from the get go then the incentive goes from "I can fix this and they can walk away happy" to "how can I get this person to gently caress off without saying that out loud".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

One of the DC Lego games plays the John Williams theme every time you fly as Superman, so its worth it alone for imo

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

On the subject of QTEs; developers do seem to have learned from this now. Both the recent Spiderman games have options to switch them off with no punishment, and I'm fairly sure the same goes for the recent God of War games too.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Marmaduke! posted:

Nah the worst is video games. If I want to look up how to beat a certain boss or get lost on a stage, having to find and load up a video and sit through multiple ads just to figure out if I've got the right video, let alone finding the correct part of it... Awful.
And then they don't edit it, so three quarters of the video is them trying and failing.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Zalakwe posted:

The funniest thing about all this is when the good things aren't possible.brigade try to convince me he's actually lying now and is going to be really radical really. Like the fact he constantly lies through his sombre, sensible frown should reassure me.
Keith will probably abstain on Sunak's anti-union bill and you'll still hear these cunts saying that hes pro-union because he says he is.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

There would be eggs available if it wasn't for that bloody Putin causing trouble in Ukraine.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

"We voted out, its called the British Museum, it should only have British stuff in there, get that foreign muck out" is going to be my trolling triangulation on Twitter when it comes to that subject.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Back in the day this thread tricked me into listening Crass by saying they put out several quality tunes (they didn't) so yeah not knowing Beyonce makes sense

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I haven't seen good journalists kick off when someone criticises their profession, but the ones that just accidentally landed in the job through nepotism are always deeply upset when they're the target. There was a lot of upset on both sides of the Atlantic when Don't Look Up was released for that reason.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Zelenskyy is actually seven foot tall (you can't teach that) and to say that hes shorter exposes you as someone that wants to have a romantic relationship with Putin.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The Perfect Element posted:

Or to track how every oval office from school and university is doing in public life.

Funny, all the nasty thick bullies are now in senior positions in investment banking!
I deleted my Facebook account years ago, but I did look up a bunch of people shortly before I committed to it including the three guys that bullied me at school.

They all joined the Met.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

I think part of it is just it tastes likes home. Part of it is undoubtedly they've always had effective ad campaigns, like Irn Bru, Made From Girders. Until relatively recently it was hard to find even in England, never mind the rest of the world, so if you were drinking Irn Bru you were probably in Scotland
Corner shops in England have always well stocked Irn Bru, along with 4,000 flavours of Tango and Rubicon.

The soft drink banter I don't get though. I've almost always stuck with water. I can start arguments by saying that Pepsi/Coke/whatever off brand, mostly tastes the same.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

"Landlords provide housing" is something you hear a lot but landlords take the next rhetorical step and will say that if you make things difficult for them then there will be less people to provide houses, thus less houses.

And it's such a stupid thing to believe, as if landlords ceased to exist then so would the houses, but they do believe it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

This is phenomenal and love to you for posting it. I'll share it as much as I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I know Tim Farron is a homophobe but I didn't realise he was so bitter at people correctly identifying him as one.