Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I hate the really hoppy beers. It's why I usually go for stouts, ales and that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Nilbop posted:

Strongest sign yet of a Bloodborne remake imo.

I do like big cathedrals, but I do wish you could see half ruined ones in the country. Like they still have half a roof so that you can fight a mini-boss in it.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Merry Christmas folks. Keep safe out there.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

I like Travelling Man for general geek stuff. They sometimes have a better selection of GW stuff than GW themselves.

Me and the mrs got each other Darktide for Christmas and it has been great fun. Unfortunately we are both quite sick atm and are currently recouperating as best we can.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

As lovely and deprived as where I am is I can't say that I've encountered that. Even in local news things.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

I think I spent quite a lot of my young life looking for Dungeon Keeper 2.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Gwaint posted:

Dungeon Keeper was a great game and I'm having great fun replaying it with KeeperFX. The AI actually does something.

I will have to replay it at some point.

How is "peace and quiet" defined?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

ronya posted:

the Chinese market means that even notionally 'safe' corporatized 'rebel cool' a la the 1990s runs into objections

it's going to be remarkably anodyne fare

I don't think we can just blame this on China tbh. It's the reason executive will give, but I would have my doubts about anything they say being accurate vs just "vibes".

Also sheer number of ads is why I just use firefox. I'm grateful that I've been proved right to do so by how utterly ubiquitous, and utterly poo poo, ads are otherwise.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Rarity posted:

XR are giving up protesting lol

And going to what, armed struggle?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

EmptyVessel posted:

Cool.

Good and fair points. Thank you.
Though if I was being pedantic (lol) I'd point out that sensu stricto making something painfully and needlessly difficult to achieve is not the same as having enshrined legal proscriptions against it and all that entails.
I've met much older, gay men with horror stories about abuse they received (often at the hands of other predatory gay men) before the decriminalisation in '67, so reporting the crime - i.e. battery or rape - against them would have got them into legal bother, and no real attempt to catch the actual criminal. This sort of poo poo went on well into the 80s (and probably still does). See also Section 28.

If a woman receives harassment aided and abetted by a media enterprise that demonised her based on who she is, prevents her fom Marrying officially, prevents her receiving surgery, prevents her from being herself in public without threat of violence then your "sensu stricto" can gently caress itself.

It really is the final form of the neoliberalism state that even the oppression it does is loving outsourced.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Looks like the Observer might have actually taken things a bit too far this time - LRM appears to be calling his lawyers.

https://twitter.com/lloyd_rm/status/1619653594101460993?s=46&t=iYZfRXxfTLwom9qJ1fqT7Q

Good. I hope he wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Quote is not edit, but I know what the Latin meant, its blindly loving obvious, but I don't think it actually matters much in this instance. Your still attempting to say "well it's different" your way out of refusing to identify with another marginalised groups oppression because it is not done in the exact same way.

If you are attempting to be none serious about your own pedantry it would help if you didn't include "correct thought" in the same drat place. It undercuts your supposed point and brings the far more obvious "I don't like being told off" point to the fore.

The exact form of legal oppression is different but it is still there that is what materially matters.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jan 30, 2023