Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

fatninja187 posted:

Oh god this post fills me with dread. Going home for Christmas this year and yeah TV watching will be a thing. I don't think I have actually watched actual broadcast TV for about 3 or maybe 4 years since I last spent Christmas with the old folks.

*Shudders*
My dad just gets angry at CNN

He'll incredulously shout "Hey, have you seen what Trump/the Republicans have done now?", as I walk past

and I always end up going "yes, I read about it online yesterday"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

I spent about an hour yesterday playing LittleBigPlanet 3 with my 5 y.o. god-nephew and it was super wholesome

The look on his face when he figured out how to grab a rope swing and use it to jump across a pit was priceless. Great fun :3:

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

I've lost my voice since NYD so I've had to delay the start of my new job, until I can get better and actually say words

this sucks

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

NotJustANumber99 posted:

sadly, I bet chukka fell on his feet and is head of amazon ethics or something now earning millions
Investment banker at JPMorgan Chase

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Gonzo McFee posted:

Smh at this drat thread forgetting this classic from last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLLQFLXz6VE
I only just found out this is on Spotify, otherwise it would have easily made my top 10 most player list for last year

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

https://www.hsj.co.uk/policy-and-regulation/staff-on-high-alert-over-fake-health-secretary-/7033991.article

Health Service Journal: Registration wall but apparently this is really what it says!
”Steve” sounds like a prick

Don’t go wasting doctors’ and nurses’ time, they’re under enough stress as it is

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Why doesn't he just buy his own property and pay off his own mortgage? I hear he's quite fond of saying that to other people.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

smellmycheese posted:

The fact the BBC is willing to put its name to this shows just how fully captured by Johnson’s henchmen it now is

https://twitter.com/willfrombarnet/status/1621204644608319489?s=46&t=56NHEKJH_A7UIY2d7uC5Aw
Jon Holmes, eh? I seem to remember him getting fired from Virgin Radio in like 2001 for getting a nine-year-old girl to say the phrase "soapy tit wank" live on air

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Guavanaut posted:

At least Churchill spent the later bits of his life too piss drunk and high on opium to annoy people too much. It doesn't excuse what he did with the rest of his life but it's a better moral template than being terminally online.
Sounds a bit like Lowtax really

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Apparently his excuse is that he auctioned it off and then somebody gifted it back to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Don’t threaten me with a good time