Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
My Gran made very ornate draft excluding animals, snakes and sausage dogs and, I recall, a very long fish. They were good for beating the crap out of siblings and cousins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Dabir posted:

I assumed it was 'brave' as in "a Red Indian brave", ie very racist and outdated language, but then I wouldn't know why it needs to be said now. Are Americans going around calling themselves or each other braves?

More than you'd think. The American scouting system, for example, is infested with amateurishly stolen "Indian lore" (it's largely invented). I had to edit a document just last week that used the phrase "Like the braves of old". (I changed it to "people of old").

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
My communist grandfather, who worked his entire career for the board of trade, mostly in Eastern Europe, used to send us a hamper from Fortnum and masons every Christmas. This was back in the 70's when they were serious about it as well, I can remember my parents trying to work out how you were supposed to eat a whole potted tongue.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Isomermaid posted:

The cats are darting from catnip mouse to quality street wrappers and having the BEST DAY.

Our cat got a tiny cat sized electric blanket, she lives on it now.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
The idea that someone considers Blair Charismatic in any way is wierd.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

History Comes Inside! posted:

My grandparents’ bungalow was pebbledashed and whenever there was a grandchild fight we’d try to gently caress each other up with it.

Good for ripping chunks out of your cousin when he’s being a dickhead, bad for most anything else.

Are you my cousin? I wan't that much of a dickhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

forkboy84 posted:

It's made from milk, cream & butterfat. Are you confusing gelato with sorbet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLpCZ8g5uK8