Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...

Comrade Fakename posted:

Lovely admission that the absolute best their ideology can offer is a slow decline.

That is all that is on offer at the moment from all sides, different rates of decline (and/or the illusion that we can make the decline happen only to certain other types of people).

I watched a Politics Joe thing the other day with Ian Hislop - we was explaining that the foolish tories " have forgotten that people ask for X% to match inflation, you give them a little less than what they want and then strike ends" : and I found myself shouting at the screen, "what happens if that takes place year on year for decades Ian" - because even people who see themselves as reformers can only conceive of a decline just better managed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desiderata
May 25, 2005

Ah the right honourable member for Langley. Strictly Protect. Shouldn't she be trained to be comfortable being an impostor?

Edit: Correct US Embassy speak.

Desiderata fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jan 11, 2023

Desiderata
May 25, 2005

Look Behr is just sincerely explaining that while Starmer may be a slippery London lawyer type whose word is unreliable, it's all ok as he is good with money.

No heart attacks here.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005

Payndz posted:

Stupid wokey Hitler!

Also I think we have found it: the hottest of hot takes.

https://twitter.com/sullydish/status/1615389832678604812?s=46&t=-z3jOCNMLDZ0xIO4GJLDJA

Yet he manages to be a prick, a oval office, an arsehole, and a dickhead all at once.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Turnip Winters traditionally result in good sociological consequences right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Sip of Twinings Boost, I'm a mess
Desperately clutching onto a body positivity scrunchie
Sold to me to replace the NHS