Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
A few notes I had:

1: it's not fuckin' winter yet wtf OP
2: back when I did drink drinking I liked the glenmorangie sherry cask edition a lot
3: up the unions

thankyou for your consideration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

not even watching that vox pop video both for my blood pressure and because as mentioned they largely select the voices they want heard

but

they wouldn't have had to go very far on canvey to find the voices they wanted because it's full of white flight from london, even compared with the rest of essex

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Waitrose has brought back the hand sanitizer station at the entrance.

never went away here

it broke down for a few weeks but they kept it there regardless and then someone bodged it together again so it just about functions but badly

metaphors for life and society ITT

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Disinfo/spam accounts are often semi-automated- bunch of bot accounts posting bullshit on auto, but the replies are monitored and if there is some interaction it will be flagged and the handler can step in as required

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Screwfix used to do complimentary coffee and pastries in the trades section but then it was just coffee and now that's rarely

Further signs of our crumbling society imo

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Lady Gaza posted:

Snowing thick and fast down here in Kent, which has brought up the inevitable debate over stick (wrong) vs settle (correct) between me and my wife.

they are overlapping but separate terms in my experience

sticking refers to it landing on paths/roads etc cold enough so that it does not immediately melt away

settling means enough of it falling and conditions clement to development of a layer that's gonna still be around in a few hours at least

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Lungboy posted:

I might need a trip to a local grit bin then.

council padlocked the one at the end of my street, fancy squire padlock and all, none of that masterlock bullshit

someone smashed the hasps off the plastic and took the lock and the top layer of salt away

there's kind of an impermeable salt monolith left that I don't think is removable even after my lad gave it a few kicks

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I pronounce Caesar as Kaisar thanks to Fallout New Vegas. Although it always struck me as strange that FNV people know the Latin pronunciation of Caesar but not who Elvis was.

Thanks for listening.

there was meant to be a thing where you got so drunk with cass in new vegas that you ended up getting married by the king who would then sing an elvis medley as part of the service

they couldn't afford the rights so it got binned and the kings gang couldn't even mention elvis

Rarity posted:

Cards on the table, I've poo poo my pants

I did this a few years back but had been ill for a few days and shat nothing but water, really weird experience, glad I was at home for it

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I'm keeping the thermostat around 16-17C which is read from the hallway which is warmest- rest of the house is more like 13-14C or so which is alright, running two dehumidifiers helps keep it a bit comfier

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Small dilemma

Got an amazon delivery today- driver didn't knock, just opened the door and came in the place, left the parcel in the hallway then left as I was legging it up the hall to figure out who just walked in

normally the door is locked but one of my kids had come in a few mins ago and not shut it yet

complain and risk the guy getting in poo poo with a poo poo company, or not complain and the guy risks getting his poo poo kicked in when he tries that on the wrong house?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

after previous legal troll jobs by similar fundies where the hard pushed press lines were things like "she wasn't even allowed to wear a cross at work!" and the actual main beef was "I'm not allowed to repeatedly insult, belittle and aggressively try and religiously convert my co-workers" my initial state is always gonna be dubious

Some clinics have legal buffer zones already where protests can be moved a hundred metres or so away to protect those getting healthcare, but from a quick look this rainy morning it looks like start of next year they should be implemented nationwide by default, and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this is being used as part of a campaign against it

bit easier to develop some sympathy for the person quietly praying than the guy waving some full colour posters of dismembered late term abortions while screaming redfaced that everyone walking through the doors is a "child murdering slut for soros"

I'm guessing theologically there's also something to counter what matthew 6:5 says about not doing this kind of bullshit

Diet Crack posted:

So I can get my dick out to make a point now?

from what I'm hearing you gotta stick on some fake pubes on there first and somehow that makes it all fine

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

kecske posted:

mickey d's :colbert:

maccas :colbert:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I got the crackling fuckin' perfect and everything has been chill and had really nice time with the missus and kids and I had a few mimosas and a fair bit of the ol' medical weede and things are really nice right now

But seriously that cracklin' goddamn cronch

much love to you comrades

cracklin'

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

talking repeatedly with your kids about internet safety stuff and limiting device time are the real keys to this but over time they require a lot more time and effort than blaming a particular title or genre and don't provide parental quiet time

so

uh

gently caress those robotblocks games for corrupting my little angels

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

xmas morning, probably 1991, I got a nes and that same morning playing 2 player super mario brothers, realised that pausing the game while the other player was in mid jump would kill the forward momentum of that jump and have them fall in whatever pit they were trying to avoid

provoked my brother into hitting me within minutes

been griefing and trolling ever since

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Dead Goon posted:

It's very tempting to get back on Twitter just to call people like this cunts.

https://twitter.com/Mslanalane79/status/1607723256890499072?t=r9QukwGmli0Z-XsgxlWZ0A&s=19

https://twitter.com/wesstreeting/status/1607803273624571909?t=Ale_Je0D9xRVzAqU3w2LSw&s=19

if you have some low blood pressure you need sorting it works real fast

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Guavanaut posted:

So if they're going to let victims decide on the punishment and also keep loving that war on drugs chicken, who decides what the punishment of someone convicted of a victimless crime is to be?

community civic action boards, in association with mumsnet and atos

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

so this has been my morning so far, cw dead rodents

wake up

go to kitchen

find a mouse trap gone off but no mouse

look around

find assorted mouse parts and a collection of rat poo poo

start cleaning

rat appears

we observe one another

rat charges me

killed the rat

now there's a big nasty mess

now I get to play with jeyes fluid and expanding foam/steel wool!

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Z the IVth posted:

I see you R2 heavy attacked that rat with a cricket bat.

had to resort to the air pistol spray and pray technique

called the borough council to ask for an assist but they said they quit the game years ago

no wonder there's a fuckin' rat problem

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Salisbury Snape posted:

Did you camp him out or were you pre-equipped with the pistol?

went and got myself armed as soon as I noticed the rat turds in with the mouse parts

was not ready though, drat near poo poo myself

he drew on me, it was justified /raylan givens

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

alien isolation is loving incredible, not only the sweaty palm inducing gameplay but the graphics design and music score absolutely nail the atmosphere of the films

there's meant to be a follow-up in production too

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

end of year/start of year frosty farm image dump action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ntNzBeHAU

ooo look a video what I did done do with lots of deer and badgers and foxes and birds too

happy new year comrades

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I'm guessing the more prominent incel chumps are funded/corralled like the terfs and anti-choice groups are

cogent left wing debating isn't going to affect that kind of poo poo

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Thought I had my recommendations fairly locked down again, watched one, loving one video on a historic knife design and half my recommendations for the last day or two have been about "every day carry kit" or "bug out kits" that look to be 97% assorted weapons by weight

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

whereas I've pretty much built my whole house from watching youtubes

I'm just gonna go right ahead and copy this into my .txt file named "prompts for horror film scripts"

I'm starting on a cabin this year and it's 95% cribbed from yootoob

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

ring the doctors surgery on my kids behalf quite literally 47 times to get through, only to spend another half hour on hold

"Sorry for the wait, we are experiencing unprecedented demand and are working very hard to respond to your queries"

between hold music so warped it's like radio telescope recordings of a neutron star gone hog wild

"Don't forget your inquiry is important to us, and we appreciate your patience"

now virgin media billing to find out why I'm paying more for a lesser package, hour+ in, no idea if the chat window is timed out or not

"Our dedicated team of professionals really are sorry for the delays and we understand your frustration"

clinic blames the pharmacy, pharmacy blames the clinic, no-one actually knows whats happening with the supply of the medication that makes my day to day life possible

it's the same tired excuses everywhere this morning and it feels really apt for this slow breakup of society we witness and even though it's been over sixteen years since I quit if I saw a cigarette right now I would smoke it so goddamn hard

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

they could really do with not being on twitter

like, moreso than other people

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

no room for melon ballers in this household

where the hell would I keep all the random kitchen knives I don't use anymore?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Jel Shaker posted:

reading marx is like reading the necronomicon except a horde of poor factory workers and farmers with ak47s rise up from the ground instead

well I can see someone's taken a peek at my dream journal

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

My impression of young kids is many of them of that sort of age (she looks about 6 or 7 to me) want to be vegetarians once they start thinking about where meat comes from.

(Disclaimer: I'm not a vegetarian or vegan).

my eldest came home from school around age 6 or 7 and said they were now a vegetarian- that was fine, my missus is 99.8% vegetarian (pepperoni exists) so we had plenty of options

they lasted 24 hours or so before the concept of fried chicken called to them in a deep way

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

"You do not have to say anything. But, it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court, unless we decide that you can't talk about that anyway, lol"

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

gotta love how quickly and quietly that donations story died down

like when saville or me too cropped up, it suddenly got a bit real for some folks and then media interest was snuffed out like a candle

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

smellmycheese posted:

I want to know what magic shoes the wizard has that give him mud immunity +10

if you tread lightly and aren't too laden down then depending on the mud you can indeed stay on top sometimes

friar tuck fucks imo

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

will smuggle genders over the border

probably fit loads under the spare tyre

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Melissa McCarthyism posted:

Hellos friends, I suffer from chronic fatigue...

....Does anyone have any experience with fatigue and how can I manage this effectively?

Thanks

first up, sorry to hear that, it really loving sucks.

my CFS/ME started in '16 after a reaction to antibiotics drat near killed me, took a few years to get diagnosed while they ruled out all the fun stuff like lyme and borrelia

I haven't found any hidden tricks that will drastically affect your fatigue, everything you can do is stuff that helps to a degree but even if you do everything "right" all the time some days you will still end up being able to do nowt while feeling like your arse got kicked and some level of acceptance of that can help a lot- it's no personal failure on your part that it's unmanageable at times

the stuff that helps me most is largely the boring poo poo- sleep hygiene/routine, making sure you eat small amounts often, good hydration, making sure to stay at least a little active on the worst days and not pushing too hard on the best, relaxation techniques, stress management etc- but it does help if you stick with it and it's worth asking your GP if there's an occupational therapy team in your area to run through this poo poo with you, otherwise I can probably scan and send the already poorly photocopied guides they gave me if it helps

I'm a legal medical cannabis user mainly for the pain side of things but it has helped with fatigue management- particularly on helping me get nice solid, uninterrupted sleep- having it from a doctor that regulates/monitors my use and having specific products for specific times/purposes has made it a much different and far more effective thing than my previous self-medication. Its not perfect though- there's constant supply issues, red-tape/incompetence and some clinics exist as nothing other than a blatant pill-mill to give rich folk legal weed with no real medical interest.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

my beloved cat when I was a kid killed several squirrels, some not much smaller than he was

presented us with a little bouquet of entrails each time

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

use some beer imo

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I had never watched blade runner in its entirety in a sober enough state to remember any of it

Fixed that recently and.... Its okay? The effects and general feel were good but it felt like not much really happened and I don't get the hype that surrounds it for some- and it was probably underwhelming in part because of that

happyhippy posted:

There are reasons people obsess over The Shining, well worth a watch.
My movie confession is never seen any of the Godfathers.

Its pretty good and influenced a bunch of other things and is worth a watch imo

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

when I was a phone drone for the dwp back in '06, initially the rules were that if the phones were slow or the system was down it was entirely permissible to pull out a book, listen to some music or generally do whatever provided it didn't disturb anyone and you were always ready for a call if needed, use of the internet for things like paying bills or reading the news was encouraged

some high level shitheel from whitehall got shown around a call centre a month or two before I left and was horrified by the prospect of staff not working constantly, and the new directive was "no downtime, you stuff envelopes with letters even though we have machines for that and if you run out of pointless busywork you will sit at your desk and stare at nothing and like it"

they couldn't have hosed with productivity or morale in a more rapid manner if they had tried and I was even more glad to be out of there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

did someone do star trek II: the wank of khan already?

if not, then that