Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Time for Lebkuchen and Carols from King's.

I am an atheist and I cannot abide nonreligious carols.

there is one good carol and it’s Peter Warlock’s Bethlehem Down

the rest of them can get to gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

Wasn’t there some big thing about Kate making it her life’s ambition to marry him before they ever even met because like all members of the upper classes she’s a power hungry nutter?

the story goes that she switched her uni choice to St Andrews after hearing that he was going there

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
That sounds exactly like me to be honest. Where/how did you get the tests done, it sounds like something I should be looking into also.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
he managed to get to the top despite having no skills or talent whatsoever, that’s a Tory if I’ve ever seen one

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Comrade Fakename posted:

I don’t want to gently caress a hall, even I’m not so deluded as to think my dick is big enough to get a decent amount of friction there.

decking Tories sounds pretty good though

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mr Phillby posted:

Looks like the tweet of Keith with a big spliff was deleted lol

and the original has turned replies off

the last 24 hours have been good for Twitter self-owns

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
everyone is focusing on the GoT thing but let's also remember he compared Meghan to an actual, literal serial killer

compared her unfavourably

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

The Atlanta baseball team are still the Braves. Dunno about anyone else.

OK, if they mean it that way then sure, that's gotta get in the bin. Didn't even cross my mind tbh.

one of the traditions the Braves have is their fans do the “tomahawk chop”

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Only Kindness posted:

Of course, proportions do matter.

I couldn't disagree more

unless you're making something that requires a specific chemical reaction to take place, proportions can be hosed with as much as you like

the fact that celebrity chef and/or tiktok influencer Cook Chefferson likes their pasta sauce with precisely one and a half cloves of garlic doesn't mean I automatically have to use the same amount, regardless of how little or how much I actually like garlic

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I enjoyed Glass Onion plenty, but even more in retrospect knowing it's boiling Ben Shapiro's piss

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it's simple: investment good, spending bad

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
even for Jessflaps “the sex trafficker should have put a woman in charge” is spectacularly dumb

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

The Perfect Element posted:

I saw a Tesla on the m25 today which had 'ORG4SM' as its numberplate and I've been thinking all day about the chain of events and thought process which would lead a person to have that numberplate.

you can ask him about it ITT

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Oh man if that happened to me I'd be stewing.

someone needs to get to the root cause of the issue

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lmao at even Scottish Labour, basically Castle Blairskull, being too left wing for Starmer's Labour.

Ben loving Bradshaw voted against Starmer

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Cthulhu isn't so far from Cymru when you think about it

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I know the Torygraph hasn't been reputable in decades but slapping what is essentially a press release from a convicted sex trafficker on the front page must be a new low

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
thought something big had happened but we’ve just turned into Twitter apparently

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
oh good another person who uses big words, Latin, and deliberately opaque language in general to try to seem clever, just what the thread needed

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Wizard Master posted:

What are your blokes thoughts on the grim assessment by the IMF, who have reported that the UK economy will fare far worse than any other major economy this year

our thoughts are that unfunny gimmick posters should gently caress off and not come back, hth

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Microplastics posted:

Do you think he makes all the wizards come into the office

quarterly wizard team-building sessions

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s very difficult to find normal people against striking teachers and nurses, even channel 4 struggled to find one grumpy old man in a car to whitter about “how are we going to pay for it”

for years every time that train drivers went on strike the tabs would shriek about how nurses and teachers were paid even less but they were too polite to complain about it

this is what comes around

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I thought John Cleese had been cancelled

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
that's a fake, right?

........right?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

Are there no palm trees in the UK? My next door neighbours have one, my mum's neighbour has a few and I used to constantly have to clear out our drains from all the stupid shedding palm fronds. They grow great here.

He's definitely on holidays in forrin parts tho

there are loads on the “English riviera” in south Devon

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
lol when even the archest neoliberals are starting to realise that Starmer is utterly poo poo

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the whole Nicola Bulley thing isn’t being helped by all her friends and family stating their utter certainty that she didn’t go into the river, based on apparently nothing more that gut feeling

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

big scary monsters posted:

It's much funnier if you look at the books he has actually managed to read.

including the page count is just the cherry on top

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s one of the reasons I think it’s a little much to paint everyone who still likes the lovely wizard stories as a giant TERFy Rowling lover, when based on the fact that nobody seems to give a poo poo about any of her other work it seems more like they don’t give two fucks about her at all and just really like the lovely wizard stories they grew up with.

if they've paid for the game I don't think it's too unreasonable to point out to them what that money is going to end up being used for

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
zombies have things they actually want

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I mean if your surname is Doody getting called something else is probably a refreshing change

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

And yet an embarrassing number of self-described centrist columnists were hyping her.

the centrist commentariat hates to do actual research so as long as you say publicly what they want to hear they'll completely ignore all your other positions (see Stewart, Rory)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
love to point out how bad it is that people won't vote for someone with unpopular views

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
https://twitter.com/jessphillips/status/1627969170070544385

of course Jessflaps' tweets have gifs of her in them. of course

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Dead Goon posted:

Tim Roth, Tim Spall, Tim McVeigh, Tim Berners-Lee.

uhhhhhhhhh

I really hope this is a bit

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

domhal posted:

We only have to eat turnips once. You have to eat turnips every day.

a week is a long time in turnips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Drinkslinger posted:

Apparently his excuse is that he auctioned it off and then somebody gifted it back to him

a gift which he failed to declare