Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

goatface posted:

Feels like a lot of zorro masks this year.

Covid made their bones weak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

King of False Promises posted:

it's also the middle of most leagues' seasons so more random injuries than you'd normally see during the summer

Did all those leagues put their seasons on hold, as I assume they did? This WC must be causing havoc with scheduling and off-season lengths

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

lynch_69 posted:

I feel Japan Spain is the one to watch. It will be more competitive than Costa Rica Germany.

Get two tvs!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Anyone know what the Japan fans are chanting?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mr. Nemo posted:

holy poo poo i just saw it's 48 teams and groups of 3 teams for 2026

sucks

this article says they are starting to rethink the groups https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/01/world-cup-organisers-consider-ditching-three-team-group-format-for-2026

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Holy poo poo Youtube TV's 4K add-on is absolutely worth it

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Amazing goal but will it stand?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Yesss!!!!!!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

EC10 posted:

wow this is the best 25 minutes of the world cup

I switched my main tv to Costa Rica just in time

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I love how in football they base their penalty decisions on whether or not it impacts the play. In American football you’ll have amazing plays negated for penalties that have zero impact

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

loving hell that German was fast

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I had the Germany game muted. Why did that goal count? Couldn’t hear the explanation

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

goatface posted:

7 minutes seems a lot for Japan. What provided that?

Very long VAR

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Vegetable posted:

Any part of the ball hovering over the line = inbound

Ah, nice. I thought it was only the part of the ball touching the ground

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

lol I'm still so pumped about the games that despite watching one archival WC game before today's matches, I need more. I'm going to watch another old game

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I’m watching an old game from the South Africa World Cup and oh my loving god the vuvuzelas. I might need to watch this on mute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

TheRat posted:

So who actually made the on-field call that the Japanese 2-1 goal was out of play? The assistant ref is in a horrible position to see it, and also doesn't signal anything at all. The main ref definitely can't see it.

Nobody, because they called it in