Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Hand Knit posted:

canada needs to win by two and belgium needs to lose by at least one (and i guess have the goals-for work out) and, you know what? I'm gonna choose to believe

I believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

This Belgium team have to challenge the England "golden generation" for biggest under performers in internal football right?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Based

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Let's go man shafts

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Germany will have wanted to score one of the 10 chances they've had in the first 8 minutes

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Noice header from arsenal lad gnabry

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Her Dryer posted:

Is Tomiyasu injured, why on Earth would he not be starting

Cup tied

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Right well this is a pile of shite

Turn on your monitor

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

*sigh*

Someone get the triangles post

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

ephex posted:

Let me share some unique Spanish soccer experience with you, in this very thread, because you are missing the subtlety. Instead of following the ball, follow the off ball movement. Look for triangles to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes. Watch as player's heads swivel to find the man making the run for the second pass, not the first. Watch the tight control and decision making. Don't appreciate the pass that was made, appreciate the pass that wasn't because it was more difficult and less likely to be successful.

Watch the instant pressure applied once the ball is lost. Appreciate the monumental patience and discipline required to maintain possession without making foolish passes for long stretches. Realize that they are making things that are incredibly difficult to do both physically and tactically look so easy that it becomes boring.

Or you can just say lol Spanish matches are boring and hate them.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Ffs

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

peanut- posted:

Scoring is impure, this is what winning looks like

https://twitter.com/OptaAnalyst/status/1598403931390050326

Want an American to suggest 0.1 goals per hundred passes or something

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I am now pro Japan/Costa Rica going through

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Post is Costa Rica MOTM

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I loving LOVE THE WORLD CUP

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I can't believe people want to "fix" this chaos

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Costa Rica should just start disgracefully diving in the box, they might get one

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Costa Rica take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

?????

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

He's like a billion miles offside

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Popete posted:

Give me a USA v Japan final

There's legit no favourite, everyone's had poo poo games so it's not impossible*

*Unless the draw makes it so

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1598431720759500804?t=Ku79_ebOSH4Pmqjf8vXY3g&s=19

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

britishbornandbread posted:

Absolutely disgusting that Germany didn’t put in some own goals when the Japan v Spain FT came through to send the Spanish out.

Same with Mexico yesterday when they had the opportunity to take Argentina out with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/oliver_hopkins/status/1598422217531875328?t=8h3AuXBAV4iej_prtArUMw&s=19

Maybe xG is just poo poo?

As proved ITF*

*In this forum

Also begging football fans to learn about Parallax