Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

hoping all the C teams win today. and japan, ideally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

stab posted:

Canada undisputed anthem winners

the moroccan one is a banger. minor key for an anthem is pretty sweet

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

lmao what

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

down a goal and canada have started fouling everyone. let's get some shithousing going

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

old canada, baby

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hand Knit posted:

canada doing what they can to eliminate belgium

it is the one bright spot

put in st clair

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

buchanan getting the shithousing going

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

MakaVillian posted:

We'll always have the Iceteca

the ride through qualifying was worth it. wasn't expecting much at the world cup tbh

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

lmao what a goal. almost makes me wish davies hadn't scored so canada's only goal at the WC so far would be an own goal.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

whypick1 posted:

That's the first OG of the tourney, no?

they mentioned it on the bbc broadcast so seems it

Hand Knit posted:

congratulations on canada's new all time leading goal scorer (tied): morocco

lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

YIKES

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

need a picture of alistair johnson salmon flopping through the air trying to head that in

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

bbc commentator making GBS threads all over john herdman's tactics and choices up to this point

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

never thought i'd see a throw in to borjan

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

poty posted:

well done morocco getting 7 points in this group is no joke

yeah really impressive results

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hand Knit posted:

congratulations on canada's new all time leading goal scorer (tied): morocco

Aguerd will be in the record books for at least another 4 years

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

the moroccan players tossing their coach in the air is :discourse:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Butterfly Valley posted:

So anyone supporting Germany or Spain gets banned right

Is it possible to ban ITV?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

blue squares posted:

Anyone know what the Japan fans are chanting?

is it not just ganbare nippon?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ephex posted:

Let me share some unique Spanish soccer experience with you, in this very thread, because you are missing the subtlety. Instead of following the ball, follow the off ball movement. Look for triangles to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes. Watch as player's heads swivel to find the man making the run for the second pass, not the first. Watch the tight control and decision making. Don't appreciate the pass that was made, appreciate the pass that wasn't because it was more difficult and less likely to be successful.

Watch the instant pressure applied once the ball is lost. Appreciate the monumental patience and discipline required to maintain possession without making foolish passes for long stretches. Realize that they are making things that are incredibly difficult to do both physically and tactically look so easy that it becomes boring.

Or you can just say lol Spanish matches are boring and hate them.

my favourite park of this post is that you pick any 3 players on the field and they make a triangle

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

only one minute of injury time in both games !

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

it only 48 was divisible by 4...

they're trying to sell the extra teams to players and clubs by saying that no one will play more games than they would in the current format, 7 games if they go all the way to the final. 4 team groups would change that unless they take only group winners and some wild cards

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Audibly said holy poo poo at that goal. Incredible power.

That high press was great

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

You could see some green there but tough to tell where the edge of the ball was. What a play to keep that in

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Go on Japan, get another one.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Popete posted:

I guess I shouldn't have chosen to take a nap instead of watching this Spain/Japan match.

The second half has been great

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Coohoolin posted:

Aye that's what I thought. This the same for goalline checks? I.e. if any part of the ball is still on the goalline it isn't a goal?

Completely cross the plane, to put it in american terms

Holy poo poo costa rica

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Japan and Costa Rica going through would be incredible but make Canada not finding a way suck even more

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

a real chump posted:

So it's the plane of the line for the whole ball right?

There was a top down shot and the ball appeared on it from that angle.

Yeah. Even from that tweet the ball does not look OVER THE LINE

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

costa rica holy poo poo

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

this is wild poo poo

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

navas facing the germans with no fear

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

what the gently caress is this game

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

that's bullshit that it isn't offside

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Popete posted:

So if the ball is over the line at all it's inbounds? Like clearly there is green grass between the ball and the line but is the argument that at least part of the ball is above the line?

think of it like breaking the plane

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What a photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

TheRat posted:

Here the Japanese players are upset about the decision and the AR still definitely has his flag down. As you I've watched every replay I can find and I have still not seen one where the flag goes up.

I also can't find one where I see the centre signalling for a goal kick, all I can find is one where he holds a hand to his ear, blows his whistle and gives the "hold up, give me second" hand signal.

I feel like it went in and everyone just held position until they could get a look at it rather than make a call. I was under the impression the ref called the goal but immediately said they would take a look