Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What best approximates your holiday experience?
This poll is closed.
A time of festivities with family and friends that reminds you of life and love 5 13.89%
A time of rumination and reflection as you consider your year and the next 4 11.11%
A time of quiet, cloudy depression where you fold yourself in shows and video games until it's over 17 47.22%
A time to smoke just so much god damned weed 10 27.78%
Total: 36 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

once again, i come in after carl's good breakdown with a bad :siren: b league preview :siren:

Bellator 289 - Friday, December 9

lobmob your breakdowns are a treasure and I appreciate them deeply because trying to keep track of Bellator makes my eyes glaze over

I am actually looking forward to this Bellator, which is a weird sentence to type and makes me wonder if I am having a stroke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
If my name was Magomed Magomedov, my nickname would also be "Magomed"

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that would be the pro move. Triple M.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

LobsterMobster posted:

there was also that time during the fox deal when ariel was paid by both fox and ufc to be a "journalist" and acted like getting paid by the ufc to cover the ufc wasn't any kind of conflict of interest

In fairness, he has since admitted this was not a good look and is one of great professional regrets. It's not like he's still dying on a hill defending this.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

LobsterMobster posted:

there was also that time during the fox deal when ariel was paid by both fox and ufc to be a "journalist" and acted like getting paid by the ufc to cover the ufc wasn't any kind of conflict of interest

Also, the more damning thing about the Brock Debacle (Brockbacle) is him getting booted also meant Esther Lin and Casey Leydon were barred from covering UFC in person for a bit and they are good and cool, which isn't fair to them

Debrockle was right there!

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Calling a Jewish person a "rodent" and accusing them of chasing money feels particularly loving lovely in the current cultural climate.

e - and "a maggot"

e2 - and "lizard"

The central beef seems to be that Paddy got pissed when he felt that it was cos of Ariel that people knew that Paddy's team asks for money for interviews, when Paddy's own manager literally posted a thing to instagram saying "Yo fighters you should get paid for interviews".

And then the other one is that "Ariel wants to get paid", as if that's not what everyone in the loving world (including and especially in the UFC) is doing.

e 3 - At least the response on social media seems to be unanimously in Ariel's favour. Like all Paddy's fans are saying "you really kinda hosed this one mate"

e 4 - Yes Ariel's video could have been half as long, but it's honestly heartwarming to watch the entire community stand in solidarity with an awkward dweeb. Just an astonishing own goal from Padbert.

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Dec 8, 2022

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

it's getting harder and harder to be an ironic Paddy Pimblett fan 😔

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad
Meatball at least "hates the tories" which we can all love. Pity that Pimblett doesn't think critically about what that means

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Middleweight - Dalton “Hercules” Rosta vs Anthony “Sugafoot” Adams

First met Dalton when he was like 14, skinny wrestler kid at the time. It's crazy to see where he's at now.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

seems like Poirier isn't quite out of the woods yet

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/lennehardt/status/1600808897542967296?s=20&t=c6pOsz082NdavshqqYKoQw get well soon, Crazy PRIDE Lady

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
sending Lenne my energy

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

an icon. hoping for a great recovery.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Additionally and also previously in MMA injury ponderance:

Southpaugh posted:

so was that a dislocated wrist in the holland - wonderboy fight?

Nierbo posted:

Holy poo poo that looks terrible. This could be a crossroads for him career wise.

https://twitter.com/Trailblaze2top/status/1600989461122519040
So, could've been better, could've been worse. Half a year, maybe.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Isn't that exactly what wraps are designed to prevent/help against? :stonk:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

look im not gonna pretend to know which of these goofy rear end crypto sites are posting legit news and which are satire or w/e but,

https://www.cryptocoinopps.com/the-facts-ufc-fighters-not-paid-a-crypto-com-btc-bonus/

crypto.com hasn't paid a bonus out in 3 months, that's a thing i'm gonna believe no matter the source because it's so on brand for both crypto and the ufc

OmegaFartHuffer
Feb 23, 2022
But they made drat sure to pay Matt Damon hand over fist for the dorkiest possible commercial which had the message of “buying crypto through us makes you an innovator and trailblazer like the wright brothers”

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ilmucche posted:

Isn't that exactly what wraps are designed to prevent/help against? :stonk:

Yeah, but like anything done for safety it only mitigates.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

OmegaFartHuffer posted:

But they made drat sure to pay Matt Damon hand over fist for the dorkiest possible commercial which had the message of “buying crypto through us makes you an innovator and trailblazer like the wright brothers”

if you had listened to him and invested in crypto.coms shitcoin right then you'd be down ~50% today.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Aye Doc posted:

look im not gonna pretend to know which of these goofy rear end crypto sites are posting legit news and which are satire or w/e but,

https://www.cryptocoinopps.com/the-facts-ufc-fighters-not-paid-a-crypto-com-btc-bonus/

crypto.com hasn't paid a bonus out in 3 months, that's a thing i'm gonna believe no matter the source because it's so on brand for both crypto and the ufc

Tbf it sounds like they’re just not awarding the bonus at all, which is actually slightly better than awarding it and not paying it, as the headline seems to imply.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

WB just posted he broke his left too

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

CarlCX posted:

Additionally and also previously in MMA injury ponderance:

https://twitter.com/Trailblaze2top/status/1600989461122519040
So, could've been better, could've been worse. Half a year, maybe.

yikes

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

It’s hard for me to get into the mind of an idiot, but i think it’d be weird for Rogan to put it out there if he had talked to Conor directly about it. I assume it’s drawing the obvious conclusion like he did with Liver King.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Digital Jedi posted:

Early week annoucment for everyont to join the Tapology group and get those picks in for the PPV
https://www.tapology.com/groups/998

Winner gets to rename the group.

I think the last 2 or 3 winners didn't respond to me or possibily not even SA memembers that I let in cause I just accepted everyone

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

It’s hard for me to get into the mind of an idiot, but i think it’d be weird for Rogan to put it out there if he had talked to Conor directly about it. I assume it’s drawing the obvious conclusion like he did with Liver King.

It was just in the context of the whole liver king fiasco and fitness influencers etc in general.

Derek from more plates more dates brought it up and they discussed what someone would use to recover as fast as they could from an injury.

Tbh Conors physique doesn't look outside the realm of normalcy for an elite athlete just spending hours in the gym every day focussing on strength but ahit he probably juiced. You've got hundreds of millions of dollars and access to the right doctors and you're not going to be tested.

Not to be all if you ain't cheating you ain't trying but I mean... who wouldn't?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Not to be all if you ain't cheating you ain't trying but I mean... who wouldn't?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Not sure if this was posted here before:
E: Retracted

Hollandia fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Dec 9, 2022

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Oh hey, we're getting off to gently caress 2023 bright and early
https://twitter.com/JamesGoyder/status/1601138064633757699

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Hollandia posted:

Not sure if this was posted here before:

Do not post this kind of poo poo.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

CarlCX posted:

Oh hey, we're getting off to gently caress 2023 bright and early
https://twitter.com/JamesGoyder/status/1601138064633757699

:smith:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jiri, TJ and now zombie. We need to shut down all of these shoulders until we figure out what the hell is going on.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Jack Slack was saying that Jiri's shoulder was injured so badly because it separated and then three people tried to pop it back in instead of going to the doctor

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/SpinninBackfist/status/1601016441788325888

yeah thats good. i like that. nice.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

So all that 170 nonsense

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Gonna be weird rooting for chandler for the first time

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Brut posted:

Do not post this kind of poo poo.

drat I missed it, what kind of poo poo should we not post? I already know all of the rules, but I'm asking for a friend.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Pretty sure that was the rather graphic image of Poirers bad case of Staph in his foot.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

TheTofuShop posted:

Pretty sure that was the rather graphic image of Poirers bad case of Staph in his foot.

No, that was on a previous page and is still there, unspoilered.

It was just screenshots of some dweeb sending silly DMs to fighters.

Brut can you please explain why one is acceptable and the other is not?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Fozzy The Bear posted:

drat I missed it, what kind of poo poo should we not post? I already know all of the rules, but I'm asking for a friend.

Unfunny tweets from twitter trolls, unless of course they're notable (fighters, managers, journalists, fight org officials, etc are all fine)

TheTofuShop posted:

Nah that one's just on the previous page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Ah my bad, fwiw id prefer not to have that kind of graphic imagery posted in the thread but I also get that we are all watching punchsports so that stuff might get posted, and gruesome violence is something we all kinda buy into to some degree.