Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What best approximates your holiday experience?
This poll is closed.
A time of festivities with family and friends that reminds you of life and love 5 13.89%
A time of rumination and reflection as you consider your year and the next 4 11.11%
A time of quiet, cloudy depression where you fold yourself in shows and video games until it's over 17 47.22%
A time to smoke just so much god damned weed 10 27.78%
Total: 36 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

kri kri posted:

Why would someone browse YouTube while watching a live event??

I thought Bobby knucks was one of the good guys, apparently not ugh

What else would you have on your third monitor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Nierbo posted:

Holy poo poo that looks terrible. This could be a crossroads for him career wise.

Looks like it could just be knuckles which should heal no problem

E: apparently he got a 180 day so maybe more serious actually?

COPE 27 fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 5, 2022

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Lol if he got it from Chandler's disgusting face

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

WB just posted he broke his left too

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I think the bigger problem is that he's fought 4 times in 5 years in a rapidly evolving sport.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Skjorte posted:

The post a few months back proclaiming that Paddy--clearly not a top 15 level talent--was better than Conor McGregor ever was remains one of the most eyebrow-raising takes I've seen

I refuse to believe that this exists

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Imo it's not OK for analysis and opinion to have a conflict of interest either

I mean it's sports, not like the UN, but I won't listen to anyone that pays the subjects they cover

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

It's strange that fightnight doesn't have a talk show, but I gather it's because of the ESPN deal

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I assume every athlete just buys a few questionable supplements in case they pop for something.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

CarlCX posted:

COMBINED UFC/B-LEAGUE THREADS: Last year's big change was combining the threads. Twelve months later, y'all still good with this or should we split them back up?

It's way better now imo

CarlCX posted:

COMBINED UFC/B-LEAGUE GDTS: This summer we started doing catch-all GDTs when weeks or weekends had events across multiple promotions. Has that been working for people, or should we go back to separate GDTs?

I could go either way on this, I tend to get lost during busy weeks but that could just be a me problem. I do like the additional comments though.

CarlCX posted:

MY ENDLESS WORD VOMIT: At the start of the year my breakdowns were ~2500 words and OPs had maybe two or three line items, and both have gradually expanded. Have we reached a point where the length of OPs and writeups is more annoying than interesting?

I like the write-ups but please don't pressure yourself to spend excessive time on this.

Maybe splitting the write-up into a couple posts for main card and prelims would help my ADHD brain but idk if anyone else would like this.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

I like the crazy long write ups, but can we get a ban on quoting them in full? Reading this thread involves so much scrolling I feel like I miss content.

I agree

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Brut posted:

we just need to more aggressively link it here.

That's fair

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I love how he pretends that it's somehow his responsibility to decide what the meaning of effective grappling is lmao

quote:

Successful execution of takedowns, submission attempts, reversals and the achievement of advantageous positions that produce immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match, with the IMMEDIATE weighing more heavily than the cumulative impact. It shall be noted that a successful takedown is not merely a changing of position, but the establishment of an attack from the use of the takedown. Top and bottom position fighters are assessed more on the impactful/effective result of their actions, more so than their position.

:hmmno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

They should invent a steroid that gives you head movement