Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What best approximates your holiday experience?
This poll is closed.
A time of festivities with family and friends that reminds you of life and love 5 13.89%
A time of rumination and reflection as you consider your year and the next 4 11.11%
A time of quiet, cloudy depression where you fold yourself in shows and video games until it's over 17 47.22%
A time to smoke just so much god damned weed 10 27.78%
Total: 36 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Thank you James Krause for stopping me and my fellow citizens from betting on MMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

COPE 27 posted:

Lol if he got it from Chandler's disgusting face
Chandler is mostly lizard brain so maybe he has Komodo saliva

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I didn’t watch the card; how did PP bomb so badly?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

TheKingslayer posted:

Now that Connor is unranked he and Paddy can fight to make it into the top 15.
Lol that the guy who ran around calling himself champ-champ never defended either belt and now won’t even contest Hottest Piss against division GOAT Josh Barnett

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
As someone who doesn’t follow the sport as much as they used to (and when doing so used to read easily the same volume of utter drivel plus that one Vachyslav Datsyk fansite), your long write-ups are great at catching up for every event and I have only myself to blame for loading them in Awful App.

Combined threads are fine; if people want them split back up they’d better post more, or find new regulars to replace the ones that hosed off.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

ccubed posted:

Judge Douglas Crosby Responds to Criticism Regarding Controversial Scorecards

Some highlights:

Good job making me hate Doug Crosby even more Doug Crosby.
if the working class worked like most MMA judges, buildings would fall down

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I still remember watching TUF 1 in my university dorm common room when he gutted out of Mike Swick’s guillotine, then the finale the following weekend at home. I was rooting for him the whole time.

Please don’t let this be some Chris Benoit poo poo; I want to remember him as half the fight that made western MMA.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Unperson_47 posted:

Died on loving Christmas Eve. :( Man, thoughts out to his family.
MMAFighting is citing a law enforcement source putting his date of death as the 22nd due to “presumed heart complications”. :wtf:

quote:

In September 2021, Bonnar caused a stir when he posted several videos to Instagram of a heated confrontation at hospital. He later explained to MMA Fighting he was seeking treatment for a severe injury he suffered while pro wrestling and claimed doctors denied him care due to his stance on COVID-19. In a subsequent interview, he said doctors at a different facility discovered a potentially life-threatening staph infection that required intravenous antibiotics and a lengthy recovery period.
OurDumbSport.txt

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

Christ, he's like the Grinch but his head grew three sizes that day. I get taking steroids, but why the ones that make your head huge and gross?
Steroids grow muscles a normal person doesn’t train. The unnatural facial features and weird ribcage have always been the easiest ways to tell among the people I used to compete against.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Joey McChrist posted:

imagining him contracting covid for the 15th time while sweating in a minion room lmao
on one hand it sucks Aldo is giving off-brand trumq a place to stay, but otoh he’s staying in the Minion room on nasty polyester everything

BlindSite posted:

Apparently early bjj allowed slaps and they took it out and went the more like wrestling/judo/oly sports route only for Eddie bravo to bring it back a couple years ago.
Have never once heard this; BJJ already came about in the vale tudo era so it was about not getting punched or soccer kicked never mind slapped

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CarlCX posted:

if jair bolsonaro gets arrested in jose aldo's minion themed bedroom I will never, ever rest in my quest to get admins to give us a stylesheet with it as a tiled background