Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What best approximates your holiday experience?
This poll is closed.
A time of festivities with family and friends that reminds you of life and love 5 13.89%
A time of rumination and reflection as you consider your year and the next 4 11.11%
A time of quiet, cloudy depression where you fold yourself in shows and video games until it's over 17 47.22%
A time to smoke just so much god damned weed 10 27.78%
Total: 36 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Any twitter embedding issue is on twitter’s end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I forget where the original high quality image is at

elite level striking

Since the streamable version is no longer working I can’t post Russow Combat :smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Snowman_McK posted:

Jesus that loving sucks. I'll always remember his two bonkers, bloody but also weirdly good natured fights with Krystof Soszynski.

But yeah, he was an unintentional gatekeeper. Like someone above said, he fought and lost to fully four people who would go on to hold the belt (Evans, Griffin, Machida and Jones) and three who had held it (Ortiz, Coleman and Silva). Not a single one of those was a main event or anywhere near the peak of those guys careers, aside from Silva, who crushed him effortlessly. There's a Tom Waits song esque quality to his career. He wasn't even the bridesmaid, he was a stand in at a wedding rehearsal. Yet the sport is absolutely built on him in a very specific way and guys like him in a more general way and I wish he'd gotten a little more recognition. Hope he finds the peace that he didn't find here.

Yup. But for his fight with Forrest, the UFC and MMA doesn't really exist in the same way it does today. :rip: