Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Eifert Posting posted:

Standardized testing loving sucks but I'm getting the feeling some people in this thread got their feelings hurt by the SAT.

I scored 96th percentile in verbal but my posting is still poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Harlock posted:

I dunno if it's just me, but this feels like the most exhaustive draft season in terms of analysis and mealy mouthed NFL personalities

It's getting worse every year as more people latch on to the draft trying to make it more than it is. Tik Tok is insufferable with all the draftniks just sayin poo poo, talking heads all over media are changing their opinions every day unabashedly, and click bait articles rule supreme on the internet and here in TFF.

It's literally just reading out names for 2 hours but now we get people actively trying to ruin prospects money earning potential or spending the entire draft talking about tragedy in prospects lives. It's despicable.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who is the best saban o-lineman in the nfl? there are like 5 huge disappointments that i know of. landon dickerson has been good but he transferred to bama after 2 years elsewhere. is cam robinson good?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Harlock posted:

I dunno if it's just me, but this feels like the most exhaustive draft season in terms of analysis and mealy mouthed NFL personalities

It's not lol, same ol same old

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Stroud is so incredible at throwing the balls with surgical accuracy!!!

I feel like “s-tier elite at getting the ball to the receiver” should mean that a quarterback is good at their job but to be fair I am not a galaxy brain S2 tester

I mean look not going to defend the test because lol it's almost assuredly bullshit

But big picture, there are plenty of QB's who are accurate as poo poo and will never make it to or in the league.

Accuracy doesn't mean poo poo if you can't quickly diagnose what is going on infront of you, you have generally like ~2 seconds to parse what is happening, find open recievers and then you can throw the ball, all while also needing to make sure a lineman isn't about to kill you.

The Benefit of Ohio state, is that, the receivers are almost always loving open.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cavauro posted:

who is the best saban o-lineman in the nfl? there are like 5 huge disappointments that i know of. landon dickerson has been good but he transferred to bama after 2 years elsewhere. is cam robinson good?

Cam and Willis recently. Everyone else are just guys or busts like Andre Smith.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

It's getting worse every year as more people latch on to the draft trying to make it more than it is. Tik Tok is insufferable with all the draftniks just sayin poo poo, talking heads all over media are changing their opinions every day unabashedly, and click bait articles rule supreme on the internet and here in TFF.

It's literally just reading out names for 2 hours but now we get people actively trying to ruin prospects money earning potential or spending the entire draft talking about tragedy in prospects lives. It's despicable.

Gonna need your top 5 for 2024 ASAP.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Doltos posted:

It's literally just reading out names for 2 hours

Are you doing a breakdown of the picks on Twitch again this year?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm only posting this so we can all laugh one last time at the Bears for trading #32 for Chase Claypool.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1651676703893123073?s=20

Edit: Of course it gets cut off on the tweet.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Doltos posted:

The amount of "content" really is insane. My phone literally ran out of space* this morning because of all the backlogged draft related podcast episodes I was never going to get through. Especially from The Athletic. I love Mays and the Athletic but my god, they are putting out like 3 draft episodes a day and there just isn't that much useful poo poo to be said. Then multiply this by every other media outlet doing the same, not even getting into random Twitter/TikTok/YouTube bros.

*I may have a very old and lovely phone

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Post your favorite draft anecdote of all time

Mine Is Urban Meyer telling on himself:

quote:

Urban Meyer said he wanted TE Kyle Pitts, and said how do we get him? Said Baalke looked at him like he had five heads. #Jaguars #NFLDraft

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Tons of Quentin Johnston smoke coming out of Tampa today. Seems like that would be a hell of a luxury pick for a team with a lot of needs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I do awesome on standardized tests and am a lazy dumb rear end in a top hat, so CJ Stroud is my steal of the draft.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

wandler20 posted:

Tons of Quentin Johnston smoke coming out of Tampa today. Seems like that would be a hell of a luxury pick for a team with a lot of needs.

I feel like this is what they said when the falcons traded up for Julio. Been a long time so I could be wrong.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Are you doing a breakdown of the picks on Twitch again this year?

Yeah but I don't really like advertising myself on SA since I hate when other people do it

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m excited for the NFL draft first round tonight - also I have a tummy ache.

Will post updates on this developing story.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Doltos posted:

Yeah but I don't really like advertising myself on SA since I hate when other people do it

Don’t be. You’re good at it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doltos posted:

Your avatar claims otherwise

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
What is Doltos' twitch name? It better not be just Doltos because then I will be outed as lazy and dumb.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Doltos posted:

Please do

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

three posted:

What is Doltos' twitch name? It better not be just Doltos because then I will be outed as lazy and dumb.

It's twitch.tv/daltos starting at 6:45 est

Doltos was a namechange SBA gave me back in the day because I'm stupid

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Doltos posted:

Why did I never think those two clearly different names could refer to the same person?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Doltos posted:

:toot:

Won't be able to catch it live, but watching the recording is the best way to spend a Friday pretending to work

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I will also be watching the Daltos stream. Thank you for all your hard work

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Tennessee? Chaos? Worthless rumor? All of the above?
https://twitter.com/JohnnyVenerable/status/1651694301158715410

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Hard to imagine some team trading up to that spot without being sure their chosen QB would be there. I would've guessed if the trade-down happened it would happen on the clock.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I know it seems obvious that the #1 pick is going to be the QB everyone is talking about, but I’m not so sure. I’ve read that Brian Drew has gotten over his injury in the off-season and can bench around 400 now, that speaks highly that he’s in the best shape of his career. Would it be that crazy for the GM to go with a personal pick instead, say like Vontae Mack? His tape especially in the OSU / Wisconsin game is really impressive, 4 sacks in the first three quarters. I still have hope that somehow Ray Jennings falls far enough for him to play for the same team as his dad, that would just be cool.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

Hard to imagine some team trading up to that spot without being sure their chosen QB would be there. I would've guessed if the trade-down happened it would happen on the clock.

Someone who's good with either CJ Stroud or Will Levis, I guess?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Diva Cupcake posted:

Tennessee? Chaos? Worthless rumor? All of the above?
https://twitter.com/JohnnyVenerable/status/1651694301158715410

The new GM accidentally trades down with himself, due to a weird echo in the war room phone line.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

ShakeZula posted:

Someone got tipped off Houston is passing on a QB prot

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Titans trading up to 3 to get someone so the Colts don't seems pretty likely.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Someone got tipped off Houston is passing on a QB prot

Still zero reason to do it this early and tweet is from Cardinals fan website guy

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Thank god for Lovie Smith

big fork small knife
Jan 23, 2006

Quick how likely is it that Branch falls to the Jags?

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Codependent Poster posted:

Titans trading up to 3 to get someone so the Colts don't seems pretty likely.

Doing this for Levis, whose ceiling is Ryan Tannehill, would be amazing.

Won’t be shocked if they try for AR though. Swinging at Willis tells me they want in on the new meta.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

fsif posted:

Someone who's good with either CJ Stroud or Will Levis, I guess?

I guess. Maybe all the "Colts love Levis" smoke has successfully duped somebody into giving up draft capital

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

big fork small knife posted:

Quick how likely is it that Branch falls to the Jags?

Seeming more and more likely. I have him there in my prediction.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Draft Bijan at 3, cowards

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

I'm going to shamelessly plug the company I work for like a bootlicker

https://www.youtube.com/live/t7BzZFZx4Og?feature=share

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

darkforce898 posted:

I'm going to shamelessly plug the company I work for like a bootlicker

https://www.youtube.com/live/t7BzZFZx4Og?feature=share

I still can't believe they didn't hire me when I blatantly cheated on my cellphone in an office that most likely had cameras in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Draft Bijan at 3, cowards

Titans drafting Bijan at three would be the dumbest move but I'd still loving love it.