Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

kiimo posted:

I tried fries with mayonnaise based entirely on Pulp Fiction and I love it.

Ketchup and Mayo mixed together is a great dipping sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

three
Aug 9, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s more that there are nuances involved that most of TFF don’t care to learn and it becomes really frustrating to read. And there’s no room for specific nuance here - people will jump all over you. It’s like reading mcmagics opinions on contract law

Aaron Rodgers: no nuance required, he is literally evil.

Drunk driving and killing a girl: nuance please.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Everybody post your first round hot takes - preferably about a player you think will disappoint!!!

Stetson Bennett will go in the 1st and be the new Kirk Cousins.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

Thought this was interesting although I'm not sure how much it carries over or what other variables are involved. Fields and Burrow still can't avoid sacks but Herbert is one of the best at it and he was sacked a ton in college.

Herbert does not look to be the best at it based on this chart?

three
Aug 9, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

The chart is data from college, not their time in the NFL. I don't know if a comparable chart with NFL time exists.

Oh. My bad. I thought it was just last year stats regardless of level.

three
Aug 9, 2007

At least the Seahawks have a good enough coach to take an athletic but lovely QB.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Madness, absolute madness, that at one point (and even to this very day) some believed that Young is superior to Stroud.

When will the world wake up to baby-sized-discount-Tua?

three
Aug 9, 2007

Doltos posted:

You use your arm to create more separation between yourself and the blocker. It's harder for the OL to get his hands on the rusher's chestplate which lets the rusher get into gaps easier or dip around the block.

This is a penalty, fwiw.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Cam Newton was a literal god in college football. The comps of Richardson to him are dumb.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Cardinals should draft Richardson and run a THUNDER AND LIGHTNING quarterback system.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

Speaking of Brugler he just released his massive draft guide.
https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/1645384869940281345

Why is Max Duggan always rated so poorly? From an eye test perspective, he seemed pretty darn good at TCU and had elite speed at the combine.

This guide for example ranks Duggan as 13th QB, and even has Stetson Bennett ahead of him.

three
Aug 9, 2007

You guys are missing the big picture here. By being a tiny little baby, the refs are going to be more liberal with roughing the passer calls which will turn the tide of games. If he was big like Cam, he wouldn't get those flags.

Bryce is playing 4D chess by being small.

three
Aug 9, 2007

So, I can't find anything definitive but Twitter indicates Bryce scored the highest on this S2 cognition test and Stroud did poorly, worse than both Levis and Richardson?

three
Aug 9, 2007

The point is that the skill floor and ceiling between folks that are drafted to play RB is not very far apart, or at the worst achievable by a committee if you need multiple skill sets. The skill gap between other positions is far greater which makes the individual more important.

three
Aug 9, 2007

I wouldn't penalize him for being prepared and putting in prior work. Just shows how much more ready and polished he is, imo.

For the SAT comparison, kids do actually prepare on practice tests for years, too.

three
Aug 9, 2007

They claim there's been no good QBs that haven't performed well on the S2 and that list sure seems to validate it.

three
Aug 9, 2007

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1646906240952410113?s=20

Not great, Bob.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Not enough credence is being paid to Ohio State QBs all sucking historically, and Stroud could be cursed as a result.

three
Aug 9, 2007

kiimo posted:

He's completely exhausted from eating 10k calories per day and wants a break

Bryce Young is a goon??

three
Aug 9, 2007

https://twitter.com/ChrisBrownBills/status/1648336325240668160?s=20

Bills saying this draft class is trash.

three
Aug 9, 2007

kiimo posted:

Mahomes is paying for all this out of pocket btw, including lodging.

Is there a reason the org isn't/can't pay for it? Maybe I missed it earlier in thread.

three
Aug 9, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

When Bryce Young gets drafted overall nobody ever tell me again that Mckenzie Milton wouldn't have been draftable before his injury. They're the same drat player.

You really hate Bryce Young. Are you a fan of some non-Alabama SEC team or something?

three
Aug 9, 2007

Ladies and gentleman, I'm afraid CJ Stroud is a big ole dummy.

three
Aug 9, 2007

kiimo posted:

So they said that these scores weren't released. So some GM goes off the record to say he scored 18%. What is the motivation for doing that?

I don't believe that for one second.

So they don't get lambasted when they don't pick him #2.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Or he could have scored "well" but still been in the 18th percentile of people that have taken it.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Hearing reports from the Texans that Stroud's demands to wank it in the locker room bathroom were the deal breaker for them.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Woozie66 posted:

I was told Vegas has insider information!

The insider information is that gamblers are degenerates that will bet on Will Levis based on reddit posts.

three
Aug 9, 2007

I'm glad that guy has found something he enjoys. She is definitely the rear end in a top hat.

three
Aug 9, 2007

The Chiefs are a weird choice for him, but if folks think this draft sucks balls and there's only like 17 1st round quality players, maybe Hooker is a good value at 31?

three
Aug 9, 2007

He, uh, should have definitely answered that differently.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Sataere posted:

Nah, he's right. There is no tangible evidence that this test is an indicator for how good you'll be at quarterback. Dumb teams are gonna continue to be dumb. Smart teams won't care.

Most employers, football or not, do not respond well to "yeah im just bad at tests."

three
Aug 9, 2007

Just set Stroud up like he was in college with the greatest receiving corps in the entire NFL by leaps & bounds and then you know what you'll get.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Tua had a pretty good receiving corps too and his only problem is his head's been used like a pogs slammer for a few months now.

There's five or six college programs that are going to have their choice of talent and that talent includes both the wide receiver and the quarterback position.

I like Bryce more because Alabama's WRs last year blew.

three
Aug 9, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Worked for Joe Burrow.

JSN is not Ja'Marr Chase, but Texans picking both Stroud and JSN would be neat.

three
Aug 9, 2007

1. CJ Stroud - [...] just a tier below the Lucks and Lawrence’s. Top 5 pick.

🤔

three
Aug 9, 2007

What is Doltos' twitch name? It better not be just Doltos because then I will be outed as lazy and dumb.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Teams shouldn't get 7 minutes per pick in the 2nd round. Pick up the pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

three
Aug 9, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Why? Give them time to figure out trades and who they want. 2nd round is pretty important and I don't think teams should suffer because you get bored watching it.

How about we compromise and teams that aren't trading put their picks in and announce them immediately and stop wasting time?