Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

It's Santa Season, motherfuckers! So grab a glass of your favorite nog-type drink, settle down into your easy chair by the fire and mash F5 on this, your favorite monthly thread on these Something Awful forums. To kick things off from the last thread:

Given how West has surrounded himself with people like Milo and Nick Fuentes whispering in his ear and enabling him, I am honestly concerned that his current trajectory is going to end with someone dead. Either himself or someone in his inner circle, but he's seriously getting close to the point of no return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

December tip: Mint Hot Chocolate + Gin sounds terrible but tastes amazing, absolutely the best softwood-centered cocktail for indoor tree season

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 1, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Mmmmm. That new thread smell.

I would like South Park to revisit Kanye so we can have a gay nazi fish meme.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

2022 gearing up for a strong finish. Although he is recovering, Peter David just suffered multiple strokes.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Just like to remind all you morons that secret Satan closes this Sunday, and I'm not announcing whether that's nz or us time, so get in while the gettings good

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4016656&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

shame on an IGA posted:

South Carolina has been on a tear of doing this to all their high-fatality bad-sightline long-runup rural intersections for about 15 years and it has been working brilliantly. The roundabout's age in America has finally come

Alabama has jumped in with both feet, and surprisingly enough, is making well-designed, high-visibility roundabouts with excellent drainage and signage.

Now if they could just replace the citizenry that is loving puzzled by them.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

GD_American posted:

Alabama has jumped in with both feet, and surprisingly enough, is making well-designed, high-visibility roundabouts with excellent drainage and signage.

Now if they could just replace the citizenry that is loving puzzled by them.

West Mobile is covered in the things these days and I'm here for it. But you ain't kidding, watching people be mystified by them in real time is something. Now if they'd just put one at the bad intersection near my house we'd be talking.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Just a few days ago I watched some idiot decide that going three quarters of the way around the roundabout to make a left was unacceptable, so he gunned his brodozer through counterclockwise despite oncoming traffic, and almost lost the rear end as he fishtailed making the turn out of it. loving dumbass

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Ho ho hoe.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Holy Christ Kanye.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

This is gonna have to come up on the Always Sunny Podcast at some point.
The Gang Steals the Election was a great episode.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

They finally deleted this tweet today, after leaving it up for nearly two months.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Still :lol:in about the special master being tossed. Get hosed donny.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

Still :lol:in about the special master being tossed. Get hosed donny.

The entire case was tossed. The ENTIRE CASE. Not just the special master. They basically said: "You hosed up on the special master, but you should've dismissed the case as invalid in the first place!"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It turns out that lava court had an unsound foundation.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MrMojok posted:

They finally deleted this tweet today, after leaving it up for nearly two months.

They should cast their spell again some time, it really worked wonders

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Shaddak posted:

2022 gearing up for a strong finish. Although he is recovering, Peter David just suffered multiple strokes.

Brad William Henke died. :( Guy wasn't a major actor or anything but he had chops enough to share the screen with Margot Martindale in Justified season 2 (among his other stuff).

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

davecrazy posted:

Holy Christ Kanye.

Just a minor sampling:

https://twitter.com/Iightworks/status/1598389633863352323

CommieGIR posted:

The entire case was tossed. The ENTIRE CASE. Not just the special master. They basically said: "You hosed up on the special master, but you should've dismissed the case as invalid in the first place!"

The only open question is how high he decides to appeal, as apparently the 3-judge panel gave him a week to decide. If he en bancs the 11th circuit, he's probably hosed, and I bet the SC immediately turns it down. So the comedy is going to repeat itself at least one more time.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Also in legal news:

https://twitter.com/AkivaMCohen/status/1598487532764798983

Considering Popehat's analysis is "gently caress him up, buttercup" - I think the demand has a lot of teeth. And if the dude's right on the legal poo poo, just lol at Elon having to pay for all of the individual arbitrators with a remote workforce that was that scattered.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

TheKingslayer posted:

West Mobile is covered in the things these days and I'm here for it. But you ain't kidding, watching people be mystified by them in real time is something. Now if they'd just put one at the bad intersection near my house we'd be talking.

Gonna say…….Ziegler and University?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

The only open question is how high he decides to appeal, as apparently the 3-judge panel gave him a week to decide. If he en bancs the 11th circuit, he's probably hosed, and I bet the SC immediately turns it down. So the comedy is going to repeat itself at least one more time.

Yup, there is one more step left to old Trumpy, but man its a doozy: Either the SCOTUS basically admits the law doesn't apply to Trump the way it does to everyone else, or they turn him down. Either way Trump gets a little more delay action out of an appeal...

https://twitter.com/harrylitman/status/1598459677226201093?s=20&t=Y6HNC7H1a2MdH-C38lovNg

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 2, 2022

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

facialimpediment posted:

Also in legal news:

https://twitter.com/AkivaMCohen/status/1598487532764798983

Considering Popehat's analysis is "gently caress him up, buttercup" - I think the demand has a lot of teeth. And if the dude's right on the legal poo poo, just lol at Elon having to pay for all of the individual arbitrators with a remote workforce that was that scattered.

Why is this written like a slam dunk post and not a legal document? I agree with what he's saying but unless the one he mailed was way more formal and far less dumb I don't think that guy is a good lawyer?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

GD_American posted:

Gonna say…….Ziegler and University?

Close! But that would be a good place for one too. I go through there every day for work and it always sucks.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Buckle up:

https://twitter.com/harrylitman/status/1598478920932012032?s=20&t=Y6HNC7H1a2MdH-C38lovNg

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

He seems well

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1598505803580841984?s=46&t=XfhhyBlnZQVPR8W-0cCibA

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

loving hell

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

M_Gargantua posted:

Why is this written like a slam dunk post and not a legal document? I agree with what he's saying but unless the one he mailed was way more formal and far less dumb I don't think that guy is a good lawyer?

The other legal people can weigh in, but everything short of a lawsuit (threat letters, demands to keep documents, random letters) all have no full legal weight. It's all just bullshittery at this phase anyways. So, if this lawyer is trying to get his clients' money, there's only one person that can actually deliver said money - Elon. So, write the threat letter in a way your target will understand, in language they understand, and take a hack at essentially settling early. Walk the audience through, step by step, in simple language, just how much you can gently caress them if they don't go along with it.

Elon hasn't given a gently caress about anything legal in the history of ever. He probably only understands or cares about dunk-post legal documents. So, write a dunkpost and if it doesn't work - it's a lot of actual slam-dunk arbitration cases that you get to work (and bill for).

https://twitter.com/kt_so_it_goes/status/1598443826330624000

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 2, 2022

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I am confused by why Kanye West needs to open image “ye24.psdc” to display the Raëlist logo.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

CommieGIR posted:

Yup, there is one more step left to old Trumpy, but man its a doozy: Either the SCOTUS basically admits the law doesn't apply to Trump the way it does to everyone else, or they turn him down. Either way Trump gets a little more delay action out of an appeal...

https://twitter.com/harrylitman/status/1598459677226201093?s=20&t=Y6HNC7H1a2MdH-C38lovNg

An appeal only slows things down if it's accompanied by an injunction. Trump would need an entirely new approach to get a new injunction unless SCOTUS goes full fake laws.

M_Gargantua posted:

As mentioned earlier, this isn't a formal legal document. It is, however, a challenge to Musk's greatest weakness, his ego. It's in that attorney's best financial interest for Musk to double down or worse, rather than correct his course of action and fulfill his legal and moral obligations to the fired Twitter employees. I think he's attempting to goad Musk into doing something incredibly stupid.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 2, 2022

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

In my mind, Kanye quit making music after My Beautiful Dark Fantasy and moved to that nice big farm upstate where he can run around and play with all of the other artists who should have hung it up after they hit their peak. Weezer is there and everyone loves them, and no one figured out 20 years after the fact that there’s a lot of songs on Pinkerton that are pretty :chloe:.

This would be a better end to his story than whatever is coming, because I’m absolutely convinced someone is going to die because of his current bullshit. I don’t think Pete Davidson is Jewish but I hope his close protection detail is stepping it up accordingly.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Platystemon posted:

I am confused by why Kanye West needs to open image “ye24.psdc” to display the Raëlist logo.

:ibadpop: I was just thinking that even in context that is a cool symbol. Like, I'd expect to see it scrolled around the tops of columns in a wild new archaeological dig. Then you taught me about Raëlism and now it's terrible again

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
$44B to have problems like these:

https://twitter.com/geoffpilkington/status/1598522975451770880?t=YxetxR8JS338tEYrU4-zXQ&s=19

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

And then, after that:

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1598522518087897090?s=46&t=SomYP4wnf25Dy2c0Lo2KKw

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Elon paid $44B to get brutally owned on his own website

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Blending in with the Greek marbles and getting hosed down by some guy on a yacht is one of the least embarrassing things that Musk did this year.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

what a loving day for the internet

for posterity:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

That's... why is there a swastika in the middle of the Star of David? Is Ye implying that the... he's implying the Jews were behind the Nazis, therefore no Jews were actually killed by Nazis isn't he?