Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Platystemon posted:

I am confused by why Kanye West needs to open image “ye24.psdc” to display the Raëlist logo.

I wouldn't try to follow the logic of what Kanye is doing too tightly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Ye's definitely nazi adjacent but he's also batshit crazy so it may well be all of the above. I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I honestly think Kim K (oh god what's her middle name) was a good influence on him

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I honestly think Kim K (oh god what's her middle name) was a good influence on him

Noel, thankfully.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Elmo “free speech” musk personally removing posts he thinks are too much for advertisers. Love it.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Well I didn't have Kanye pursuing the Tila Tequila career path on my bingo card

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Platystemon posted:

Blending in with the Greek marbles and getting hosed down by some guy on a yacht is one of the least embarrassing things that Musk did this year.

“some guy” is lol as gently caress to me.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Oh huh it’s Rahm and Ezekiel’s li’l bro.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Generation Internet posted:

what a loving day for the internet

for posterity:

:lol:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Account Suspended.

Whoops, looks like we have a billionaire slapfight on our hands!

For posterity:

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1598493460327124992?s=20&t=OJrXMcwhw39cB3wFX2c3PQ

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Generation Internet posted:

what a loving day for the internet

for posterity:

I really gotta hand it to him

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ye's definitely nazi adjacent

Does he need to have been born in Germany in 1910 to push him over the edge of adjacency?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Jesus Christ, Sovereign Citizen

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1598368502557167616?t=0LgsrplmP6IDHar5BF6jLA&s=19

https://twitter.com/dnlbrns/status/1598370268795338754?t=9WT1L5Mem40q8PsU_xmATQ&s=19

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol...resent-himself/

Red ink fingerprint and everything!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

WTF is that seal at the top? House of Edwards?

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
that dudes so far up his own rear end that he should buy a social media company about it

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Do they actually believe that if they say/do the right magic combination of words and actions that the rest of us NPCs are just going to shut down like the robots we are and let them continue on their sovereign ways?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Tiny Timbs posted:

Elon paid $44B to get brutally owned on his own website

Vox Populi

Or whatever

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Dum Cumpster posted:

Do they actually believe that if they say/do the right magic combination of words and actions that the rest of us NPCs are just going to shut down like the robots we are and let them continue on their sovereign ways?

It seems to depend. Some sovcits truly believe their bullshit and will to go prison for years longer than their charges would actually merit. Other sovcits are just copy/paste magic word-finders when they either know they're hosed or have a public defender that they don't want to listen to / can't afford better.

Internet poisoning!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
it's just another version of the chain copy/pasta that used to go around to get old people to post these nonbinding screeds about the TOS on facebook and their photos and advertisers.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

it's just another version of the chain copy/pasta that used to go around to get old people to post these nonbinding screeds about the TOS on facebook and their photos and advertisers.

This was my first thought upon seeing the license plate example on the Wikipedia page.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Dum Cumpster posted:

Yes. Yes they do.

As always, here's a great primer from a Canadian Judge:

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 2, 2022

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Dum Cumpster posted:

Many of them do - plus when you're told by your actual attorney that you are absolutely hosed its comforting to think that there is a magical way out. Sov Citizens are loving idiots and awful clients but as an observer in this case I'm excited to see how it works out for Mr.Beeks.

lol did this dude sign with a smiley? :james beeks:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
It's always fun to dive into the depths of another world. It's hard to believe there are people so detached from reality despite the constant evidence of them around. I worked with a guy a few years back who talked about some of that bullshit but never had a response to "so why aren't you doing it?"

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
I'm always amused by the Sovcit thing. Like, the idea is that there is this massive conspiracy to defraud and delude Americans, for apparently evil ends. BUT, this incredibly evil and amoral conspiracy is incredibly legalistic, and if you say the right words they'll be forced to back down.

This is an evil cabal, and all the judges and law enforcement types must either a. Not in on it so following the 'normie rules' for normies, or they are in on it and... well if they're in on it and they have all the power, why would they reveal their secret rules to follow their secret rules to let you, an existential threat to their hold on power, get away with a traffic violation?

At least QAnon is internally consistent.

I mean I know that the reason for this is related to the way a lot of thse people call the conspiracy a 'cabal' and the people who launched this whole thing probably had Ideas about a certain ethnic group that has a reputation for esoteric legalism and is assumed by these sorts of people to be running things. But, like a lot of anti-Semetic stuff, the dogwhistle has so attenuated that there are probably a lot of sovcits who dont have anti-semitism at the front of their beliefs but have somehow kept the 'say the magic words, force the all encompassing evil to play by the rules.'

I think for the less anti-Semitic folks (I wont say not anti-Semetic, just those who dont make it the core of the whole thing) it really comes down to an assbackwards understanding of how laws relate to power. Power = ability to enforce = the law is what power says it is. In their head it's like law -> power, which is a nice fiction rooted in the civics 101 theory of American politics, where the people consent to be governed and that is crystallized by divine will in this magic US Constitution. So you've got these folks for whom this used to work or for whom it used to work for people like them. So they really believe in the civic religion of AMERICA. All caps with an eagle either side. BUT the lives of these believers still sucks, and the police and government violate the people's will and civil rights all the drat time. So in order to keep believing in the magic AMERICA that clearly isn't working, they have to construct an evil conspiracy. Nothing new there, it's just that sovcits believe in AMERICA so hard, they're convinced that the evil people cant have defeated AMERICA, they at most could have harnessed the true divine power of AMERICA with tricky rulings*, and if a sovcit can lift the evil veil true AMERICA will shine through and mystically force the evil judge to rule in their favor.

I think theres a reason the black branch of the sovcit movement is distinct, and honestly it makes slightly more sense. Those folks are looking at America and saying 'hang on, it seems like this system is capricious and arbitrary, but some people have a cheat code. Maybe I can say some magic words and I'll get to slip through the cracks.' That's dumb, but it makes more sense than sovcit bs.

* and I think some of this stems from the way sovcits view people not them and not like them getting hosed by the law, which they're fine with. Like, very few sovcits are looking at this supposed conspiracy twisting the law to legal ends and get all hot up about prison abolition and open borders. When a technicality in the law (or yet another Supreme Court ruling that nah, your Nth Amendment rights dont matter to the police) fucks a young black kid or DREAMer, well, that's not a problem, they want to keep THAT. So they LIKE capricious and arbitrary justice, they just think there should be a capricious and arbitrary loophole for them to wriggle through.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Alex Jones filing bankruptcy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/12/02/alex-jones-bankruptcy-sandy-hook/

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I haven’t been following it closely and am not a labor or rail expert, but couldn’t they go on strike anyway? Would guess it’s not possible to replace skilled labor on short notice and they probably couldn’t have the National Guard operate the trains. Would guess the union leaders would risk arrest but assuming Biden wouldn’t go for mass arrests of picketers especially as that wouldn’t make the trains move anyway.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
If you wildcat strike you lose all the protections. Its definitely an option, but if you have a mortgage or kids or debt (as everyone does), 30 days without a paycheck and the risk of being fired is a very anxiety inducing option. Our hellscape works by making you aware that things can always be made worse, as an implied threat.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
There’s also the part where the railroads are plenty financially solvent and own a shitton of their physical assets outright, particularly ROW. They could park their trains for a quarter, write it off, and wait till public sentiment goes down the toilet and the government does what they want anyway.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tag yourself I'm 'ButtG'

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Coasterphreak posted:

There’s also the part where the railroads are plenty financially solvent and own a shitton of their physical assets outright, particularly ROW. They could park their trains for a quarter, write it off, and wait till public sentiment goes down the toilet and the government does what they want anyway.

I don't know poo poo about poo poo for logistics, rail transport, or any of that but the literal bare bones minimum is enough to grasp that the consequences of a quarter-long PARTIAL rail shutdown are so loving mind-bogglingly bad. What kind of crack do you have to smoke where you think the rail company shrugs, sits on a dragon's hoard while it slightly shrinks, and nobody does anything about it while half the country comes to a screeching halt?

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

I don't know poo poo about poo poo for logistics, rail transport, or any of that but the literal bare bones minimum is enough to grasp that the consequences of a quarter-long PARTIAL rail shutdown are so loving mind-bogglingly bad. What kind of crack do you have to smoke where you think the rail company shrugs, sits on a dragon's hoard while it slightly shrinks, and nobody does anything about it while half the country comes to a screeching halt?

That's my point: much as it really loving sucks, Biden and Congress didn't really have much of a choice but to force the issue, because they can't force the rail companies to operate, they can only force the union workers to accept a contract. Unless we nationalize the rail system, which I'd love to see but lol that ain't happening.

I'm incredibly pissed at what this does to worker rights, because gently caress being forced to come in on your day off or lol you lose your job and now all your buddies have to work harder.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
if the rail workers are supposedly so loving important then maybe they should be paid better. biden and congress teaming up to gently caress over employees is exactly the kind of poo poo that will gently caress over everyone.

maybe we can come up with a catchy tagline: "too big to bargain".

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Zamujasa posted:

if the rail workers are supposedly so loving important then maybe they should be paid better. biden and congress teaming up to gently caress over employees is exactly the kind of poo poo that will gently caress over everyone.

maybe we can come up with a catchy tagline: "too big to bargain".

The point of contention isn't pay (so much) it's that if you work for a rail company operating the actual trains your time is not your own outside of federally mandated rest periods.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
sorry, strike "paid" and replace it with "compensated (to include time off, health benefits, et cetera)"

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Zamujasa posted:

sorry, strike "paid" and replace it with "compensated (to include time off, health benefits, et cetera)"

almost like that's what a union is supposed to be for

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i'm not sure what you're getting at here because, yes, that's exactly what a union is for, and consequently exactly why i am against the government stepping in to force something past the union

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Coasterphreak posted:

That's my point: much as it really loving sucks, Biden and Congress didn't really have much of a choice but to force the issue, because they can't force the rail companies to operate, they can only force the union workers to accept a contract. Unless we nationalize the rail system, which I'd love to see but lol that ain't happening.

I'm incredibly pissed at what this does to worker rights, because gently caress being forced to come in on your day off or lol you lose your job and now all your buddies have to work harder.

It’s funny that congress can go after workers but not corporations. They could force rail worker salaries/rest periods/PTO just as well as they could force the unions to accept the deal. It’s just easier to punch down on the worker instead of the company

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Naramyth posted:

It’s funny that congress can go after workers but not corporations. They could force rail worker salaries/rest periods/PTO just as well as they could force the unions to accept the deal. It’s just easier to punch down on the worker instead of the company

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
wtf are you guys talking about the rail workers got a HUGE pay raise! how is this punching down? if they were trying to HURT the workers then why would the deal have paid them so much more? and we can't cripple the economy over this, the PTO issue will have to be addressed later when we have more breathing room. to frame this as anti-worker and not what it is, massively beneficial to these workers financially while ensuring our nation keeps our supply chain going, is disingenuous to how pro labor Biden's actions have been through this

is me paraphrasing a twitter response I read like 100 times that made my brain loving hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Naramyth posted:

It's hosed.