Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I didn't even know I wanted this arrest for Christmas, but here we are. Hahahahahah suck it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

update on tate:

still owned

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
https://twitter.com/esqueer_/status/1608603222935228418

Even if it wasn't the pizza box (though I will die believing it was), GRETA still got him.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

An international Deep State conspiracy of Gretas

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

piL posted:

The daily beast opinion piece seems to be explicitly avoiding illustrating any the nuance. I'm not confident in my interpretation and I make a lot of assumptions, including that the Supreme Court is operating in good faith. What I do know is that the daily beast fails to even attempt to contextualize even one instance of the quote or even link to an oral transcript or the court's decision. I assume this is because it would weaken the piece's ability to motivate whether the goal is the author's/editors' political aims or incentives to drive interaction, or both.

Oral arguments transcript.
Links including to the decision itself here.

Thanks for that, context matters.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Spoggerific posted:

https://twitter.com/esqueer_/status/1608603222935228418

Even if it wasn't the pizza box (though I will die believing it was), GRETA still got him.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
This is the greatest way to start into my Friday

Oh god, the memes

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

facialimpediment posted:

I don't think we're ever going to *truly* confirm that the pizza box is what led to it (so it did, gently caress it), but reuters confirmed the meat of it (probably pineapple):

https://www.reuters.com/world/romania-detains-ex-kickboxer-andrew-tate-human-trafficking-case-2022-12-30/

https://twitter.com/RottenInDenmark/status/1608605113756839937

As the great poet of our time says

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1608600018902192128?t=wRIPwiNWKheGJIyc3NY79Q&s=19

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

The pizza box is the real MVP, here.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Getfiscal can eat my rear end while I'm on the toilet after Taco Tuesday.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Speaking of deep state

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

It's 2022, I find it entirely believable that a toxic narcissist accidentally doxxed his exact current location via pizza box/video, providing one final missing legal prerequisite to executing a warrant or whatever (because with all of Tate's flexing of his wealth and gaudy villa, I find it difficult to believe that Romanian authorities didn't know where the compound was before). Just as believable as that information simply being drawn from the metadata in his video response in a less entertaining way.

I don't care which of the versions really happened because both still mean that a toxic narcissist facilitated his arrest by trying to dunk on a climate activist teenager and failing...because of his narcissism.

Hell, I wouldn't even care if the timing was coincidental and an already-ongoing investigation just happened to have a warrant executed on the very same day, because the internet has already generated the finest memes, and the story of this is going to be that an afwul and sad and toxic human shitheap owned himself so incredibly hard that literally the entire internet is mocking him.

He came back from getting cancelled off all social media because there was a way for him to weaponize and spin it for his base.
There is no way for him to spin and weaponize this.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I mean, they could have been sitting on a wait/go not knowing for sure if he was in his residence, and seeing a Romania-only brand confirmed it?

I don't care if it's wrong

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What I also feel is missing from all the reporting is a connection to organized crime/illegal gambling/money laundering for/with the Romanian mob, most of what I'm reading seems just a hastily-done rehash of his first detention regarding human trafficking earlier this year.
Since then, he has tagged on literally bragging about doing all of those things with/for the Romanian mob, and there's one thing the mafia is really stoked about, it's a guy tweeting/streaming an ourcrimes.txt on literally every social media outlet that would still have him.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stultus Maximus posted:

Lol, and someone just told me yesterday that he had fled the UK to Romania because of their more lax sexual assault laws.

He himself said that

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The funniest thing is him replying HOW DARE YOU?! to Greta, please God let it have been his last tweet before getting megarrested

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What I also feel is missing from all the reporting is a connection to organized crime/illegal gambling/money laundering for/with the Romanian mob, most of what I'm reading seems just a hastily-done rehash of his first detention regarding human trafficking earlier this year.
Since then, he has tagged on literally bragging about doing all of those things with/for the Romanian mob, and there's one thing the mafia is really stoked about, it's a guy tweeting/streaming an ourcrimes.txt on literally every social media outlet that would still have him.

Further to this, this is the exact same house that was raided earlier this year, they knew where he lived and everything!! That's the raid where two women were found on the property saying they were held against their will. It's a fun narrative being spun on twitter about how he got raided again but like it's pretty obvious that this is an actual ongoing thing rather than "he made funny meme video we got him!" It's a culmination of a year's worth of investigation and prep and it's just funny this exact sequence of events unfolded.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Eej posted:

Further to this, this is the exact same house that was raided earlier this year, they knew where he lived and everything!! That's the raid where two women were found on the property saying they were held against their will. It's a fun narrative being spun on twitter about how he got raided again but like it's pretty obvious that this is an actual ongoing thing rather than "he made funny meme video we got him!" It's a culmination of a year's worth of investigation and prep and it's just funny this exact sequence of events unfolded.

As I said in my post further up, I think it's entirely probable and believable that him posting the video provided the prerequisite for the execution of a raid by confirming not just his location, but also his current location.

And again, I don't care how all of it exactly went down, because the bottom line is that Andrew Tate owned himself hard enough to be mocked into eternity, and that is a net good.

/edit:
@getfiscal can also eat my whole rear end for being the guy that reminds everyone "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY", and mocking people for wanting to believe something good and funny happened in 2022 when the biggest shitheel on the planet gets arrested in the funniest timing possible.

Like, this isn't your old man showing you a heart-warming clip of a puppy being rescued from an oil puddle and you cautiously pointing out that there are countless content-mills on the internet putting animals in horrifying states to "rescue" them for the clicks.

This is Andrew Tate getting what's coming to him in the funniest way possible.

This is a good thing.

Be happy about it.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 30, 2022

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

That Sliny Piece of sgit has straight up said he buys his was out of poo poo in Romania. Let's see how it shakes out.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I don't think the pizza box picture gave away his location. I think the pizza box picture was so public the Romanian government couldn't keep ignoring the situation.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1608735970131849217

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Does anywhere he’s wanted have an extradition treaty with Romania? Can’t buy your way out of that.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

@getfiscal can also eat my whole rear end for being the guy that reminds everyone "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY"

I don't think Don's doing what you think he's doin

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

Does anywhere he’s wanted have an extradition treaty with Romania? Can’t buy your way out of that.

Man's done more crimes in Romania than anywhere else he's lived, I'm not sure any country would want to insist on him being extradited to a place where he'd maybe serve a year or two of time instead of him serving a shitton of time in Romania.

Eej posted:

I don't think Don's doing what you think he's doin

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I can be excused for thinking he's doing what I think he's doing

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1608582660674457600

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1608619971206316032

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Those are some good rear end posts though

e: I think you might be getting fiscaled here, the first post is just pretty standard posting like the average person who smarmily says "innocent until proven guilty", you got got here
the second layer of the post is the invocation of the Constitution, which is supposed to ensnare people into saying "the US Constitution does not apply in Romania" etc
the third layer of the post is that there is no 23rd Article of the US constitution, it's actually Article 23, Subsection 11 of the Romanian Consitution that quite literally says "11) Any person shall be presumed innocent till found guilty by a final decision of the court."

you can usually see the entire spread of people getting tripped up in the replies

Eej fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 30, 2022

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I want to see a court transcript that includes the phrase “information obtained from a pizza box”

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eej posted:

Those are some good rear end posts though

Nah.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Got fiscaled. Sad.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh man, I sure got fiscaled

day ruined :lol:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I don’t get his point. All I see is some schlub trying to defend a known pimp.
Also the US embassy tipped off the Romanians about US citizen held against her will on the property.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Crab Dad posted:

I don’t get his point. All I see is some schlub trying to defend a known pimp.
Also the US embassy tipped off the Romanians about US citizen held against her will on the property.

Getfiscal is an ex-goon who's spent so much time trolling people online that he's forgotten how to be a normal human being.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

As I recall he wasn't particularly good at it here and basically got thrown out of FYAD for trying too hard without actually managing to troll anyone so I'm entirely unsurprised that he's reached the point of just posting badly but ironically

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Jesus some of you are loving dense

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:lol: lotta people getting fiscaled itt.

He's a massive troll and is only going to say the most inflammatory things. If you're getting riled up at get fiscal, stop for a moment, and step back to enjoy the beauty of a well crafted troll.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

I choose to believe it was all of these things, except that someone on the GRETA task force saw A. Tate take a run at Greta Thundberg and embarass himself. So they played the Powerball multiplier which started-off with picking up the phone, "Nicolai, assemble the team, we're moving-up the schedule."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: lotta people getting fiscaled itt.

He's a massive troll and is only going to say the most inflammatory things. If you're getting riled up at get fiscal, stop for a moment, and step back to enjoy the beauty of a well crafted troll.

I mean this might be true but if you didn't have that information it would definitely read like

Crab Dad posted:

All I see is some schlub trying to defend a known pimp.

Which would also be true because tate's gonna get the same defense verbatim from shitheads.

In any case I like dril better

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean this might be true but if you didn't have that information it would definitely read like

Which would also be true because tate's gonna get the same defense verbatim from shitheads.

In any case I like dril better

I do not disagree. dril is funnier but a different kind of humor.

getfiscal is going to post the most counter/inflammatory response to everything. I'm just pointing out that is what he's doing here as well. It's a ridiculous and awful position to take, but that doesn't stop a troll from doing what they do.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Mr. Nice! posted:

I do not disagree. dril is funnier but a different kind of humor.

getfiscal is going to post the most counter/inflammatory response to everything. I'm just pointing out that is what he's doing here as well. It's a ridiculous and awful position to take, but that doesn't stop a troll from doing what they do.

Don seems like a Tim & Eric figure, sometimes his jokes are clever and enjoyable to everyone, other times not particularly funny or interesting and get informed by die hard fans that if I simply watch a ten hour YouTube side project he clearly is a genius.