Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I do not disagree. dril is funnier but a different kind of humor.

getfiscal is going to post the most counter/inflammatory response to everything. I'm just pointing out that is what he's doing here as well. It's a ridiculous and awful position to take, but that doesn't stop a troll from doing what they do.

If the guy had taken some completely outragous position that a reasonable person could have thought "that's so absurd, it has to be a bit", but instead gets angry at it, then yeah, well-baited, but the stuff he posted is literally the exact same thing Tate supporters are posting, and the only thing distinguishing it from them is that he's only pretending. If "I was only pretending" is the lynchpin of an attempt at humor, and the only identifying quality is "I knew the guys was only pretending", then...that's a couple of leagues removed from a "well-crafted troll".

Not saying the guy isn't capable of some hilarious trolls (just based on several posts on this page that seems to be the case), but based on his submission in this case...yeah, I'm with crabdad, no idea who the guy is, and his "innocent until proven guilty" is literally the same thing Tate-supporters are posting.

To differentiate here, specifically: I'm not saying him pointing out that the pizza-box thing may not be what caused this is ridiculous (as I pointed out in my original post regarding this), because it's not, I'm entirely with Eej on that. Journalists jumping to report what internet-memesters are posting as fact is not very good journalism, I'll eat crow there. But raining on the parade of folks happy that Tate got humiliated and justice may have gotten served for a change is also...not really the height of comedy.

But I feel like this whole discussion is kinda spiralling past what it should be. Andrew Tate got arrested and may actually get what's coming to him, and getfiscal may actually be a decent troll. Let's agree on that.

In other current events, I'm inadvertantly channelling my inner-boomer by getting angry at kids lighting fireworks before NYE in broad daylight, because a bunch of hoodlums lit off an obviously-illegal firecracker on my way home from getting groceries and I was right next to a woman who's dog was completely and utterly terrified and she had legit trouble calming it down.
:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Citing the Romanian constitution was a really nice touch.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Platystemon posted:

Yup.

Note: I am not defending getfiscal as a person and am making no statement about that. Describing him as a tim and eric sketch is actually super accurate. I can't stand most of their stuff, but without them we do not get celery man.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Speaking of dril, I had originally thought he was publishing that book tweet archive as some kind of final cash-out. I was kinda right, but only just kinda.

https://twitter.com/zipoffs/status/1607150305065730049?t=CqA9cDEIZblSZbIWUN1USA&s=19

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1607522401369354241?t=e9imBRfGJZc9KRN3AXrjNA&s=19

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Getfiscal can be funny trolling at times but a lot of it is meh. Threeyearletterman is my favorite twitter troll I think.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

That Works posted:

Getfiscal can be funny trolling at times but a lot of it is meh. Threeyearletterman is my favorite twitter troll I think.

Three year letterman is great because the bit is consistent across his tweets and replies. He also makes pretty obvious mistakes as a wink to the readers. It’s basically old school Colbert Report in its styling.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Platystemon posted:

That's also how you know it's a bit because you know Tate's followers are too loving stupid to even look that up and more than likely would be citing the *US* Constitution/Bill of Rights.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yup.

Note: I am not defending getfiscal as a person and am making no statement about that. Describing him as a tim and eric sketch is actually super accurate. I can't stand most of their stuff, but without them we do not get celery man.

Pretty much agree with this. As people have mentioned dril is far more consistent but GetFiscal has made a few gems.

Edit: Either way, bad joke or not Tate is still gonna hopefully spend quite a long time in a Romanian prison. :getin:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Let the meaningless prognostication begin. Trump's tax returns have been released. Breathless punditry will follow and we'll all be sure he'll never wriggle his way- ah well never the less.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I still want to believe

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1608889562889347073

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

loving :lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

BadOptics posted:

That's also how you know it's a bit because you know Tate's followers are too loving stupid to even look that up and more than likely would be citing the *US* Constitution/Bill of Rights.

Pretty much agree with this. As people have mentioned dril is far more consistent but GetFiscal has made a few gems.

Edit: Either way, bad joke or not Tate is still gonna hopefully spend quite a long time in a Romanian prison. :getin:

Okay gently caress it, I'll bite, i don't even mind I'll "getfiscalled" again, explain to a boomer deutschbag like me how the presumption of innocence, codified in both US and Romanian law should have been a giveaway.

Is the joke that Tate's followers would agree with him but lololol they didn't even notice he wasn't quoting the exact same thing codified in US law, but the Romanian version of it?

Legit help me out, because I feel like I'm aging by the second over here

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm digging that instead of a boilerplate LEO response to the question, they went with a proper "lol"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Okay gently caress it, I'll bite, i don't even mind I'll "getfiscalled" again, explain to a boomer deutschbag like me how the presumption of innocence, codified in both US and Romanian law should have been a giveaway.

Is the joke that Tate's followers would agree with him but lololol they didn't even notice he wasn't quoting the exact same thing codified in US law, but the Romanian version of it?

Legit help me out, because I feel like I'm aging by the second over here

The US Constitution has only 7 articles. The fact that getfiscal cites Article 23 should be a dead giveaway, but your average MAGA chud that's going to come to Tate's defense is as familar with that document as they are with the christian bible they like to thump.

Also, the doctrine of presumed innocence is not directly cited in the US Constitution, and you have to get to the Bill of Rights to even find the foundation for it.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 30, 2022

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

:psyduck:
Yeah I guess I'm just getting old

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Can you even recycle pizza boxes other places? In my city its on the explicit list of things to not include with your other cardboard.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You aren't alone. I feel your pain/confusion.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Dozens of new posts on a current events thread in a dead gay comedy forum and it's an argument about the subtle trolling practices of a mediocre ex-poster. I get the Greta situation is funny but jeez I can't wait until Twitter dies because the extremely online™ meta-chat is loving killing me. Can't we just dunk on Tate and move on?

Would anyone be willing to introduce a digital detox 2023 thread like the sobriety thread?

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 30, 2022

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Xenoborg posted:

Can you even recycle pizza boxes other places? In my city its on the explicit list of things to not include with your other cardboard.

i know you can't in san diego, from what i understand the soaked grease and/or stuck food contaminates the cardboard and makes it too difficult/expensive to reclaim anything useful. i dont know how true that actually is though.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Don't feel too bad, I had to look up the specifics, but anyone who paid any attention at all in a US High School Civics class should know two things about the constitution: 1) It's really short 2) The main text is almost completely silent on individual rights, which was why the Bill of Rights was penned.

Getfiscal's troll is really good, imo. It draws out those who rightfully find Tate to be a huge piece of poo poo that aren't paying attention with a technically correct bit of information presented as a concern troll. It also gives the chuds something to expose themselves on while also parading their own ignorance out in front of everyone using the exact same bit of information.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Plus a lot of getfiscal’s bits are posting largely wholesome and milquetoast but very deliberately dumb thoughts.

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1608230053871030272?s=46&t=cuy-GwamTFl3SipkI2qbzw

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1606835068768600064?s=46&t=cuy-GwamTFl3SipkI2qbzw

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Don't feel too bad, I had to look up the specifics, but anyone who paid any attention at all in a US High School Civics class should know two things about the constitution: 1) It's really short 2) The main text is almost completely silent on individual rights, which was why the Bill of Rights was penned.

Getfiscal's troll is really good, imo. It draws out those who rightfully find Tate to be a huge piece of poo poo that aren't paying attention with a technically correct bit of information presented as a concern troll. It also gives the chuds something to expose themselves on while also parading their own ignorance out in front of everyone using the exact same bit of information.

I...i didn't think I was?

The presumption of innocence is valid both in the US and Romania, ignoring the fact that this applies to the majority of the civilized world...why would there be a reason to "look up the specifics" of that?

So the confirmation is "lololol you agreed with a human principle without checking the specific national statutes, you got mad-baited"?

I genuinely can't tell what's going on anymore

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

a technically correct bit of information presented as a concern troll.

this is the beating heart of all of his good bits btw

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Like, is the long-con that someone's going to post "ACTUALLY, in Japan, you're guilty until proven innocent?" and i fell for it hook, line and sinker?

I'm going to bed now, i can't cope, i apologize, sorry for making GBS threads up the thread :cripes:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Maybe it's the years of German I took but I'm with Duzzy here - not a funny bit. Danke, haben einen schonen tag.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Like, is the long-con that someone's going to post "ACTUALLY, in Japan, you're guilty until proven innocent?" and i fell for it hook, line and sinker?

I'm going to bed now, i can't cope, i apologize, sorry for making GBS threads up the thread :cripes:

Don't sweat it, that wasn't getfiscal's best work by a long shot and this has to be the most I've thought about him in at least a decade anyway.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So the confirmation is "lololol you agreed with a human principle without checking the specific national statutes, you got mad-baited"?

I really don’t thing Don tries to get people mad. It’s more like he’s playing a comic cartoon character where the reader says “Oh, that Don…” as he says something dumb but well-meaning or sarcastic in how pointless it is.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

mlmp08 posted:

I really don’t thing Don tries to get people mad. It’s more like he’s playing a comic cartoon character where the reader says “Oh, that Don…” as he says something dumb but well-meaning or sarcastic in how pointless it is.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Xenoborg posted:

Yeah, its weird to me because grease stained carboard is specifically no longer recyclable. A lot of places have a little round cardboard insert they use for loading and moving the pizza, which often soaks up all the grease, but the underlying brown cardboard is useless once that cheese and peperoni juice gets on it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Even if the sheen on the "Tate doxxed himself via pizzabox" is worse off today, there's another thing that's a lot worse off too:

https://twitter.com/YonetteJo/status/1608915556500905985

I'm still choosing to believe that the pizza contributed :colbert:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Think about it like this; the point of that style of posting isn't to be funny, it's to stick to the principle. Confusing others on principle. Aka pure trolling. It can be funny, but sometimes ppl say it's funny when they technically should say they are admiring the level of skill of the idiot poster at their craft. Like watching an artist at work, or rally driver or athlete or whatever. Here the art is being aggrevating to outsiders. Which can feel reaffirming, or "funny", to members of the in-culture. And its extremely meta to complain about this horrible braindead twitt culture since, well uh, I don't know what to, uh, say.
It's pure og Something Awful

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

lmao that just owns though

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Looks like they finally arrested someone in University of Idaho murders. Wonder how that guy was able to evade so long, if it wasn’t planned in advance figure someone would have associated him with the victims or noticed a guy covered in blood. Or at least connected that (presumably) a weird guy stopped being around campus at the time of the murders.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Xenoborg posted:

It goes in compost here, I assume it does in other places that have a segregated greenwaste.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
My take on getfiscal is that if your idea of humor is being identical to unironically terrible people then maybe you need better jokes. Maybe that's why they're an ex-poster.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Nah it’s good still.

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1603821024935645195?s=46&t=anYcQt-pqDAkJj2MuPpxhw

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Imagine that we would be spending multiple posts talking about getfiscal now, in TYOOL 2022.

I guess the simulation’s writers took off for the holidays so they threw together a clips episode until the next season starts.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Imagine that we would be spending multiple posts talking about getfiscal now, in TYOOL 2022.

I guess the simulation’s writers took off for the holidays so they threw together a clips episode until the next season starts.

That's not entirely fair, they had the pizza-tate self own in the can before they left and that has been some really good content.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Look man, its like with Nazis, there is no "ironically being a Nazi". There is just being an rear end in a top hat.

Edit: gently caress, Beaten.

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Looks like they finally arrested someone in University of Idaho murders. Wonder how that guy was able to evade so long, if it wasn’t planned in advance figure someone would have associated him with the victims or noticed a guy covered in blood. Or at least connected that (presumably) a weird guy stopped being around campus at the time of the murders.

It happened at like 3 am in an off campus house in a student ghetto on a weekend. Moscow-Pullman hardly has a weird person shortage either.
Odds are they’ve been looking for this guy for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/techwontsaveus/status/1608621096634576896