Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Grittybeard posted:

Most of us posting here sat through this, but for those that didn't let's just take a moment to appreciate the Pats last offensive drive. They take the ball over with 7:38 left down 17. This is not likely but not impossible.

They start off the drive, very first play with a 20ish yard pass! Hey, good start.

Then we had this excruciatingly long 19 play drive that lasted for 5 minutes and 45 seconds on the game clock but about three hours in real time. They've already lost the game by this point, there's not enough time. But at least they might cover or something if they get lucky and recover an onside kick, they're down pretty close to the goal line after a Buffalo safety lights a defenseless receiver up in the end zone and gets disqualified.

Mac Jones immediately takes a horrendous 13 yard sack and now they're back at the 21 on 2nd and goal. An incomplete pass later on third down Mac somehow ends up running around the 40 yard line forever before throwing a ball to a receiver who was standing three yards out of bounds and was no longer paying attention to the play.

Then they kick a field goal.

It was poetry, you had to be there to understand.

It was truly a work of art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I so badly wanted Mac to get sacked again and have 4th and goal from the loving 40.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

syzpid posted:

Wasn't one of Brady's complaints about Bill was that Brady could have a perfect game and Bill would come into the video room and still just tear him apart nitpicking every little mistake?

What I'm saying is I want to be in the video room when Bill and Mac go over this tape.

“You see Mac, your biggest mistake here *sweeping hand gesture* is that you decided to play football”

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

latinotwink1997 posted:

“You see Mac, your biggest mistake here *sweeping hand gesture* is that you decided to play football”

I have to constantly remind myself Mac Jones isn't Greg McElroy. Same vibes except one of them got drafted in the first loving round lol

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Bellmaker posted:

yeah it was baaaaaaaaaaaaad, Patricia was never good but the gameplan when they got down was:

1. Throw screen pass
2. ?????
3. Lose by 17

Just awful, Kawalimus would have keeled over if this was Greg Roman.
Yeah, it was pathetic. They clearly planned to use a grinding, ball-control offense to keep the Bills offense off the field as much as possible - so far, so good. Our defense has even had trouble with the run lately!

But then they fell behind 3 scores, after the Bills somehow did ball control way better, and the Patriots didn't even loving try to speed things up. They just plodded slowly down the field like they were up a touchdown and trying to ice it.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

That last drive was surreal because you don't usually see a team just give up mid drive. They just seamlessly flipped a switch from "okay, still in this, let's give it our best" to treating it like garbage time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was very fond of how the Patriots went right down the field and scored a TD on their first drive to make you think "oh, wow, this might be a real game here." before they just spent the rest of the game sputtering and holding their dicks. Nice little trip down memory lane.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
My favorite part was the Bills kneeling and the Patriots having all 3 timeouts but not doing poo poo because they were owned bitches.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's fun watching three good teams in the AFC East, and none of them are the Patriots.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

It's fun watching three good teams in the AFC East, and none of them are the Patriots.
I find it extremely funny that the only time any of the AFC East teams managed to be competent in the past 20 years (minus the like two Rex Ryan Jets AFCG appearances) are two years after Touchdown Tom leaves the division.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I find it extremely funny that the only time any of the AFC East teams managed to be competent in the past 20 years (minus the like two Rex Ryan Jets AFCG appearances) are two years after Touchdown Tom leaves the division.

It turns out that Brady was the one who has/had the pact with Satan. Look at the NFC South right now, yeah the Bucs suck but that pact is ensuring everyone else sucks even worse.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It turns out that Brady was the one who has/had the pact with Satan. Look at the NFC South right now, yeah the Bucs suck but that pact is ensuring everyone else sucks even worse.

Buddy, the NFC South has never needed any help sucking.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

lol truth, if anything its in our fundamental nature as a division

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Relentlessboredomm posted:

lol truth, if anything its in our fundamental nature as a division

The Saints being good for as long as they were just means they’re going to be bad until the heat death of the universe to maintain the cosmic balance. The Bucs have it right, just throw in a really good year every couple of decades to stay under the radar.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He can’t be expected to know that. He just recently started cheering for one of the teams.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The AFC West has this exact same energy right now with Mahomes.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Remember when the Patriots defense was completely dumbfounded by the Wildcat? That was a good year too

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
All three times that a losing team hosted a playoff game, a NFC South team was involved.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Mega64 posted:

All three times that a losing team hosted a playoff game, a NFC South team was involved.

Provocative, but technically correct, phrasing.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Mega64 posted:

They even lost one of these games :smug::hawksin:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Is it just recency bias or does billy 5 aces tend to have a problem in general with mobile QBs?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Is it just recency bias or does billy 5 aces tend to have a problem in general with mobile QBs?

He never beat Cam in Carolina.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

He never beat Cam in Carolina.

1 and 2 against Lamar and Mahomes too - i.e he has lost 4 games and won 2 against both combined.

AFAIK all of the recent Mobile QBs he's played more than once have over a 100 rating against his defenses too.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Didn't Watson light them up in his rookie season?

Edit: yup. Pats won, but they gave up 341 total yards and two TDs to him.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Woozie66 posted:

Didn't Watson light them up in his rookie season?

Edit: yup. Pats won, but they gave up 341 total yards and two TDs to him.

Just checked, he lost his first two against them but won his second two and maintains over a 100 QB rating.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tuochjdown

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Well, hi, Lions.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
edit: wrong thread

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ken. Dorsey.

PLEASE!!

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Posted in the wrong thread, but is there any particular reason why the Broncos didn't challenge the spot on the Ravens 4th down play that was like 3 yards short?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Simplex posted:

Posted in the wrong thread, but is there any particular reason why the Broncos didn't challenge the spot on the Ravens 4th down play that was like 3 yards short?

Nate Hackett

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Titans cant cover AJ Brown

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Redeye Flight posted:

I am begging the Minnesota Vikings to win one single game this year in convincing fashion, just one.

I am, however, extremely thankful they keep fuckin' winning. Keep doing that, it's great.

Addendum: Lions Bitch

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jets had three cracks at it from the 1

Vikings Horseshoe season continueds

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Also posted in the wrong thread but how the gently caress did the broncos lose to the lamarless ravens

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Simplex posted:

Because the Ravens winning means Harbaugh more likely to stay, which is basically. Ravens loss and less competition in the AFC in the future

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

The Vikings beat the Jets to move to 10-2, and the 5 point victory doubled their point differential on the season

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

TIE TIE TIE TIE TIE TIE TIE

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Titans cant cover AJ Brown

What was the pass defense ranking shown at the start of the game, 31st? We can't cover anybody :v:

don't get me wrong AJ Brown is incredible, but tits aren't doing pass D this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ravens fans everywhere seem pretty miserable right now, but I think it's pretty cool that they stole a win after Lamar went down and are still leading the division :shrug: