Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

syzpid posted:

Stephen A Smith needs something new every day to complain about. Both him and Skip Bayless definitely dumped on Mayfield about the commercials and plenty of others took the lead.

Of course it was those two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

syzpid posted:

Stephen A Smith needs something new every day to complain about. Both him and Skip Bayless definitely dumped on Mayfield about the commercials and plenty of others took the lead.

Which I don't get, he was easily the best of the QBs doing ads at the time. I would much rather watch a Baker Progressive ad than a Rodgers/Mahomes State Farm ad

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Of course it was those two.

Bayless is now very much on the Baker bandwagon and thinks he's an incredible talent who has been hosed over by his teams. Won't shut up about it.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I counted out Touchdown Tom!

TheBizzness fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 6, 2022

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
RIP Da Saints.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

That clock management at the end was absolutely criminal

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Every team in the NFC and AFC South has a negative point differential. If the Bucs lose or beat the Saints by fewer than 3 points tonight, that'll still be true tomorrow

Bucs won but still have a negative point differential!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

touchdown tom

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

touchdown tom

He should never be counted out.

He is forever.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1599979464661688321?t=4l0Ynsmc0v2GpSTW5r-2hA&s=19

2-0 vs. the Saints this year. Feels good.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Gonz posted:

RIP Da Saints.

That’s been obvious since the season started.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
always and forever gently caress tom brady but also gently caress todd bowles that coward. i just want to watch a scrappy bucs team again or one with a team that isn't the NFL version of the lakers. give me a team that sparks any joy at all. they lose in agonizing fashion but they also win in agonizing fashion. just a team that's punishing to watch

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

you people are insane if you don't wanna Tom keep playing until he's like 48

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
gently caress Dennis Allen.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

wilderthanmild posted:

Fake Edit: I found a local news article basically listing every notable media incident with him and the only other teammate related stuff is him saying Myles Garrett trying to hit Mason Rudolph with a helmet was "inexcusable" and talking mild poo poo about Duke Johnson when he requested a trade before the 2019 season.

Those were reported as semi big deals at the time though. That's not a retcon. The Garrett comment had vets come to Mayfield in the locker room and chastise him and basically make him apologize publicly. The Johnson comment was also weird and had teammates publicly commenting on how weird it was.

He also had teammates publicly questioning how hurt he was last year at the end, when he benched himself for the last game. Basically saying the question we were all wondering of "if you were healthy enough to play, why are you sitting now? Or if you're saying you're not healthy enough to play, why the hell were you playing before?"

None of that is even getting into the OBJ stuff where Browns players were openly talking this year about wishing they'd kept him vs making Baker happy.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

AndrewP posted:

id like to see him die on the field, so yes he can keep playing. away from my team and somewhere that has no o-line.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

This.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

always and forever gently caress tom brady but also gently caress todd bowles that coward. i just want to watch a scrappy bucs team again or one with a team that isn't the NFL version of the lakers. give me a team that sparks any joy at all. they lose in agonizing fashion but they also win in agonizing fashion. just a team that's punishing to watch

Tom helped the franchise win a SB so for that I'm forever grateful. It's fun being able to enjoy your team win.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Getting the Browns to the playoffs wasn't doing enough on the field?

And won a game. Over the Steelers, no less. They ought to have erected a statue

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

A close friend of mine is originally from Hattiesburg and is a massive Saints fan, and I politely warned him prior to the season that you cannot simply replace Sean Payton with Dennis Allen and Drew Brees with Andy Dalton or Jameis Winston and expect things to keep chugging along as usual. He was delusional and told me to start printing the NFC title t-shirts after they drafted Olave.

"But (friend's name), you guys are gonna lose a dozen games this year! Trust me! I'm a Lions fan and i'm a literal expert on bad football teams and how they're constructed."

To which he said something along the lines of "Dennis Allen got a raw deal in Oakland. He's so much better nowadays. You'll see! Sean Payton left him the keys to the kingdom, and this division is mostly garbage. We should win it by 3 games."

And then I just stopped trying to convince him. He just texted me about 7-8 minutes ago the word gently caress in all caps with about 15 U's and 15 C's and K's.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I hope Dennis Allen's plane gets routed to the middle of Europe and he finds a new life as a mountain man

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

AndrewP posted:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Tom helped the franchise win a SB so for that I'm forever grateful. It's fun being able to enjoy your team win.

i refuse to be grateful to that man. and i'm less concerned about the wins if its miserable throughout the process. just want a fun team again

Nov 6, 2002

Imagine describing the pre-Brady Bucs as fun.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

As long as Brady keeps playing there is at least one small part of pre-911 America left.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i refuse to be grateful to that man. and i'm less concerned about the wins if its miserable throughout the process. just want a fun team again

This team is a nightmare but the Super Bowl team was a blast. That was fun to watch.

It's going to be a long time until the Bucs are fun to watch again.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I'm not sure fun is how I would describe the Jameis 30 - 30 season but it sure as gently caress was entertaining.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1599983991293349888

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Contract the Saints

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Gonz posted:

A close friend of mine is originally from Hattiesburg and is a massive Saints fan, and I politely warned him prior to the season that you cannot simply replace Sean Payton with Dennis Allen and Drew Brees with Andy Dalton or Jameis Winston and expect things to keep chugging along as usual. He was delusional and told me to start printing the NFC title t-shirts after they drafted Olave.

"But (friend's name), you guys are gonna lose a dozen games this year! Trust me! I'm a Lions fan and i'm a literal expert on bad football teams and how they're constructed."

To which he said something along the lines of "Dennis Allen got a raw deal in Oakland. He's so much better nowadays. You'll see! Sean Payton left him the keys to the kingdom, and this division is mostly garbage. We should win it by 3 games."

And then I just stopped trying to convince him. He just texted me about 7-8 minutes ago the word gently caress in all caps with about 15 U's and 15 C's and K's.

Your friend has brain damage.

Nov 6, 2002

Win probability charts are stupid.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDtNlQ-oytg

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man, I didn't notice live, but eesh

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1599981005418680320

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Yea, he stepped out a yard early and then dropped to a knee on the sideline. Then the immensely cowardly punt. Just a masterclass in coaching to lose.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

But fun to look at, which is all that matters.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Contract the Saints

Only after a few more losses so the Eagles get a better pick

Nov 6, 2002

I'm thinking of the 20-teens Bucs that were mostly dismal and had five different coaches.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Your friend has brain damage.

I mean, that's a given.

He also told me that Ole Miss was going to smoke Bama and I giggled a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Win probability charts completely fail to explain the Minnesota Vikings. Not just this year, ever.