Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Imagine describing the pre-Brady Bucs as fun.

listen it hasn't happened often but the bucs have been fun before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Woozie66 posted:

He also had teammates publicly questioning how hurt he was last year at the end, when he benched himself for the last game. Basically saying the question we were all wondering of "if you were healthy enough to play, why are you sitting now? Or if you're saying you're not healthy enough to play, why the hell were you playing before?"

None of that is even getting into the OBJ stuff where Browns players were openly talking this year about wishing they'd kept him vs making Baker happy.

The OBJ stuff strikes me as just sour grapes hindsight, he wasn't producing nearly as effectively on the Browns because he also got injured a few times and they had an embarrassment of riches at the position while he was there. Now suddenly it's much less strong and drat it why don't we still have OBJ? (Because he was gonna cost you Fat Stacks.)

As for the former, it's a very legitimate question, and the answer is also pretty easy to understand -- football has a serious culture of "play through the pain" and always has, and Baker is like, the epitome of that. You see it in a LOT of quarterbacks, frankly (look at Rodgers trying to play through a fractured thumb this year even though he has nothing to try and defend anymore that could justify that action), though it's there in pretty much every player. In the last game of the season there's nothing to play for ANYWAY at that point, the Browns are eliminated, so it stops being about "I gotta help my team no matter what" because there's nothing left to help work towards except raw pride. Once you cross that barricade of being eliminated from the playoffs it changes a lot of things in how everyone thinks in the organization.

You know whose job it is to make calls on players who are, either because they're incapable or because they're mentally blocked from it, unable to make a best call for themselves like not playing hurt? COACHES. Baker got all the poo poo for playing hurt and for some reason the coaching staff got far, far less for not putting their foot down and shutting him down for the year when he was playing in a loving sling. That was insanity, and it really put a chink in my opinion of Stefanski, who I rather liked up to that point. At no point is Baker Mayfield ever going to stop and say "I can't help", based on everything I've ever observed about him. He needs someone to tell him that, and that poo poo wasn't there in Cleveland.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

OBJ is gonna absolutely pop off now that he's away from that scrub Eli Manning and playing with a stud in baker Mayfield - 95% of tff, 2019

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

That 3rd down call is a loving war crime

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Arians looks like he can’t believe what he just saw.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Doesn't this team have Alvin Kamara?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Just absolutely insane. What a way to lose the game.