Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Komet posted:

Yes, normally. But all indications are that the Rose Bowl prefers Penn State due to repetitive matchups, and OSU will go to the Orange Bowl, which OSU itself is lobbying for.

I see. I didn't realize that more than just the season record went into deciding the Rose Bowl. That makes more sense, and I agree that mixing it up is probably better. I remember growing up it seemed like it was always B1G champ vs. USC or UCLA and that was it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Wait are we about to get to Dr Pepper football toss time?!?!? Let's loving go (also come on Utes make this interesting).

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Hahaha oh man I would have loved for that to have happened.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

WTF was that last play :stonk:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I looked away and everybody was panicking, what happened.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
LOL USC

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

I see. I didn't realize that more than just the season record went into deciding the Rose Bowl. That makes more sense, and I agree that mixing it up is probably better. I remember growing up it seemed like it was always B1G champ vs. USC or UCLA and that was it.

The Rose Bowl contract has a whole list of caveats. Normally they don't come into play, but Ohio State was there last year.

Maybe this is a moot point anyway if USC doesn't get their head out of their rear end.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

MJeff posted:

I looked away and everybody was panicking, what happened.

https://twitter.com/CFBONFOX/status/1598872733420593152?t=7GVW95n9EWnQZhhdY0zG-Q&s=19

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

lmaaoooo.

when keeping it real goes wrong.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I went to the Stanford USC game early this season and USC’s defense was downright bad. Stanford had over 300 yards in the first half but kept turning the ball over in the red zone and eventually faded.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
My money is on Kylie. She looks locked in.

Fake Edit: this is why I don't bet.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I expect tight spirals from my PT

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hahahah man, the girl was ahead of him for a sec.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

She was good right up till too the hype man started

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

what is this chest pass poo poo, this ain't basketball

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

It’s my favorite holiday tradition - Dr Pepper pitting two students in a contest to see who gets tuition

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Wiltsghost posted:

what is this chest pass poo poo, this ain't basketball

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...sports-lore-now

ESPN actually did a surprisingly in depth article on how it came about. In short, someone had a very clever idea one day

Edit: It's one of those "nobody said we can't" deals, like when an F1 team generated downforce by mounting a huge fan underneath their car because nobody on the rules committee had even considered the need to outlaw it

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ungratek posted:

It’s my favorite holiday tradition - Dr Pepper pitting two students in a contest to see who gets tuition

Eh, they both get money (one obv gets more), but yeah. There's a real "Dance for your banana, monkey!" vibe to the whole thing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ungratek posted:

The $80,000 difference between 1st and 2nd is so mean. That's so much money to lose on something so stupid. You're Dr Pepper! Just one year come out and be like "Surprise you both get all of it!"

Kylie's gonna be paying off her student loans in 20 years and every time that debit hits go "man if only I'd been better at throwing ball at a Dr Pepper can"

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

It's the Fosbury Flop of throwing footballs into holes in giant soda cans. A technique that changed the sport forever.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Alright USC, spare us Ohio State in the playoffs

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

USC is smoked

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Moment of loudness is a cool and good idea.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, that would've a been awesome pick.

That was a more awesome TD.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

USC is dogshit

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

holy poo poo lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Uh oh

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wow.

God drat it, unless USC wakes back up OSU is getting back into the playoffs.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Couldn't be bothered to call the super late hit lol

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
USC already assimilating to Big Ten culture

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Couldn't be bothered to call the super late hit lol

For real

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

USC has completely forgotten how to play football ever since being held to that field goal.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
And Caleb Williams is hurt :psyduck:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I kinda forgot there was a game on tonight, so only turned it on after halftime and

LOL, USC, what are you doing?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Williams is broken

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Proteus Jones posted:

Wow.

God drat it, unless USC wakes back up OSU is getting back into the playoffs.

USC missing and OSU getting pantsed in the playoffs are both pretty funny outcomes though

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
i only got home at halftime but how the hell did usc go 11-1

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

The dream of watching Ohio State lose to Michigan twice in one season is still alive at least

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Postseason Lincoln Reilly returning once again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Komet posted:

The dream of watching Ohio State lose to Michigan twice in one season is still alive at least

considering what the overall outcome would be, that's anything but a dream