Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Per SP+, Kentucky finished with the best defense in the SEC (3rd overall) and the worst offense (97th overall), and finished 7-6. Defense can't win championships when your offense barely has a pulse.

Instead, that's how you lose 21-0 when your defense only gives up 7 points and allows only one play run inside the red zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou is hiring Fresno's Kirby Moore as new OC and playcaller. Maybe the Tigers will have a functional, coherent offense in 2023

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Looks like Petrino is coming to A&M as OC/playcaller after all, after an impressive month at UNLV.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can't believe Petrino would just quit a job to chase a better opportunity.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Per SP+, Kentucky finished with the best defense in the SEC (3rd overall) and the worst offense (97th overall), and finished 7-6. Defense can't win championships when your offense barely has a pulse.

Instead, that's how you lose 21-0 when your defense only gives up 7 points and allows only one play run inside the red zone.

And per SP+, if Iowa had an offense as good as the one Kentucky fired their OC over, Iowa probably would've gone 10-2 in the regular season.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I am 100% prepared to lean into villainhood if that motherfucker can get us to score points

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Godzilla07 posted:

And per SP+, if Iowa had an offense as good as the one Kentucky fired their OC over, Iowa probably would've gone 10-2 in the regular season.

Honestly I’m happier ending the season with an incredibly Iowa win over a broken UK team than I would be if we had been on the sharp end of LSU’s knifing of Purdue

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

As an Iowa State fan, I can definitely tell you that defense doesn't win poo poo when your offense also sucks balls.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

Honestly I’m happier ending the season with an incredibly Iowa win over a broken UK team than I would be if we had been on the sharp end of LSU’s knifing of Purdue

I hope Iowa got custody of Mark Stoops for when Kirk retires by winning that bowl. Get that man out of Kentucky please

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bobby Petrino news made me go look up if I was remembering correctly that Paul Petrino was a person and what he was up to and: he is real, and he is the OC at CMU after a long but not particularly successful stint as Idaho HC.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

As an Iowa State fan, I can definitely tell you that defense doesn't win poo poo when your offense also sucks balls.

This also applies to special teams

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
When does Petrino become so secure and unworried in his villainhood that we actually start to root for him?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

When does Petrino become so secure and unworried in his villainhood that we actually start to root for him?

I’m already rooting for him to massively undermine and frustrate Jimbo with this offensive philosophy

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

LeeMajors posted:

I’m already rooting for him to massively undermine and frustrate Jimbo with this offensive philosophy

I thought his offensive philosophy was "Hey Lamar, juke 10 defenders and run for a touchdown every play"

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

fast cars loose anus posted:

I am 100% prepared to lean into villainhood if that motherfucker can get us to score points

He will get you to score points and will also probably take care of your Jimbo problem, too

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jimbo's Suicide Squad, should be fun

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/patrick_mayhorn/status/1610716886475640833?s=20

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I, for one, welcome the Bobby Petrino hire. Especially if his tale is going to end with being caught on a motorcycle with some rich booster's wife.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Tennessee just promoted the QBs coach to OC after Golesh left to USF in December.

He’s been with Heupel 15 years and worked alongside Golesh for a lot of that so I would think there’s not going to be any change in offensive planning or play calling.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

What's Urban Meyer up to, and how fast can he get to College Station?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Sorry Vols, you have been dethroned as Champions of Life
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1611073629705408513

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Yay for both reasons

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I’ll take it. I did see Butch Jones was trending and now I know why.

Great news!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Sorry Vols, you have been dethroned as Champions of Life
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1611073629705408513

Big Ruthkanda Forever energy here

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

PostNouveau posted:

Very jealous

Understandable. I'm still shocked to have attended a game with so many Tulane fans. We outnumbered the USC fans and had more fans than at the conference championship.

Rick posted:

I'm happy for you, I was like "Spacebump is really happy somewhere" while watching the end of that.

Thanks! I went nuts during the game. Especially down the stretch.

I'm still so hyped about that game. I've already watched a replay once and a million highlight reels. I am going to frame a copy of the New Orleans Times Picayune front page, sports page, and commemorative ticket to match my framed paper from the 2011 NBA title. What a season. I love college football.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I made the mistake of turning it off to go get some work accomplished. I regret my choices. SC getting owned is always funny.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
12 wins finishing with an NY6 bowl win over a top 10 team, once again it's obvious who the best team in Louisiana is.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

D.N. Nation posted:

Jimbo's Suicide Squad, should be fun

Bring back the 12th man kick off team and this will be true

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

gently caress this is terrible
https://twitter.com/UnnecRoughness/status/1611162409888096258

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

what the gently caress

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Who drat. Hope he recovers and we get more details on what happened. I’d assume since it’s winter he might be suffering from hypothermia.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

12 wins finishing with an NY6 bowl win over a top 10 team, once again it's obvious who the best team in Louisiana is.

Well it ain’t the Saints.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
https://twitter.com/nicoleauerbach/status/1611211300541014021?s=46&t=cTFJiCwVd9CuHcfVgbgQaQ

Lol. And might I add lmfao.

Maybe the worst equipped fan base for this. Years of holier than thou rhetoric about everyone else cheating. How does Michigan get in trouble with the ncaa. It’s like a hall monitor getting detention.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

TheGreyGhost posted:

https://twitter.com/nicoleauerbach/status/1611211300541014021?s=46&t=cTFJiCwVd9CuHcfVgbgQaQ

Lol. And might I add lmfao.

Maybe the worst equipped fan base for this. Years of holier than thou rhetoric about everyone else cheating. How does Michigan get in trouble with the ncaa. It’s like a hall monitor getting detention.

Good excuse for Harbaugh to bolt for the panthers or colts

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
My reading of that article is that it isn't all that big of a deal and won't stop Michigan from extending him and give him more money if that's what he's looking for by flirting with the NFL. Although it gives them a bargaining chip obviously.

If he wants to jump he was already going to do that anyway so :shrug: as far as Harbaugh himself goes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roasted Donut posted:

Good excuse for Harbaugh to bolt for the panthers or colts

god please have him go to the colts anything but the panthers

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

What in tarnation :ohdear:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
2023 seems kinda lovely already

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Grittybeard posted:

My reading of that article is that it isn't all that big of a deal and won't stop Michigan from extending him and give him more money if that's what he's looking for by flirting with the NFL. Although it gives them a bargaining chip obviously.

If he wants to jump he was already going to do that anyway so :shrug: as far as Harbaugh himself goes.

Basically this.

These aren’t anything big, although the NCAA is unpredictable. Michigan may catch a stray because the NCAA has looked weak lately.

That being said, good chance that this is the nail in the coffin for me and college sports. poo poo is dumb now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jim Harbaugh being a giant piece of poo poo who thinks the rules should apply to everyone but him is probably the least surprising thing I’ve ever read.