Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Jim Harbaugh being a giant piece of poo poo who thinks the rules should apply to everyone but him is probably the least surprising thing I’ve ever read.

P.S. This is every head coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Regnevelc posted:

P.S. This is every head coach.

To varying degrees, yes. But Harbaugh is more vocal than most. Look at that horse poo poo with the tunnel this season.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DatePandemic/status/1610801034204422145

Happy New Year goons

We made another New Years music video and I'm sharing it here because I like you guys

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Happy New Year goons

We made another New Years music video and I'm sharing it here because I like you guys

Happy New Year from Knoxville. Need more orange in the video.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Bird in a Blender posted:

Who drat. Hope he recovers and we get more details on what happened. I’d assume since it’s winter he might be suffering from hypothermia.

Sounds like the kids got in trouble off a beach in Florida and he went in to save them. So less hypothermia and more rip tides or surf conditions, I'd imagine. Speaking as a dad, great job Peyton. Hope he recovers well

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Harbaugh making a mockery of Covid regulations, you say

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Komet posted:

To varying degrees, yes. But Harbaugh is more vocal than most. Look at that horse poo poo with the tunnel this season.

Every coach will stick up for their kids when they are jumped by an opposing team, but go on.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I'd also give the NCAA the middle finger if this is what they chose to dig into.

https://twitter.com/umichwolverine1/status/1611376190740205573?s=20&t=CnIaqL2MMUudJOzqzN8coQ

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Regnevelc posted:

I'd also give the NCAA the middle finger if this is what they chose to dig into.

https://twitter.com/umichwolverine1/status/1611376190740205573?s=20&t=CnIaqL2MMUudJOzqzN8coQ

The Athletic article that was posted can be read without a sub, it says the level I violation was levied because Harbaugh provided false or misleading information about the incidents considered level II violations, which may very well be buying food and doing zoom workouts as this guy says. Those things just happened during a dead period, so similar to what ASU got "in trouble" for.

I've done a little research on this and have been assured this is the work of OSU agents within the NCAA.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

dphi posted:

I've done a little research on this and have been assured this is the work of OSU agents within the NCAA.

Oh 100%.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The give away was that all the accusations have the Ms crossed out and "Michigan" is clearly autocorrected to "TTUN", even in odd contexts like "University of TTUN".

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Still feeling pissed off about USC's terrible defense and special teams costing them their bowl game

Grumble Grumble

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Komet posted:

yeah harbaugh should told the kids they deserved to get jumped, agreed OP

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Komet posted:

what

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Komet is a Penn State fan so he probably means the halftime incident in the PSU game.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Shutdown Fullcast emergency podcast posted: 'MERGENCY MICHIGAN EPISODE HARBURGER HEARSAY

edit: 51 seconds from start to hysterical laugh

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1611458091844771847?t=-dVHn_tfbZDAT9Vw5A_dpA&s=19

Edit2: hahah Harbaugh used his credit card at the Brown Jug for morning burgers for two recruits during the COVID dead period. But the Brown Jug owner likely comped it, as the owner has a NAMED BIG TEN TITLE RING, so Harbaugh probably used the credit card for the tip. Harbaugh had two burgers and fries at 10:30 AM, then when confronted, said it wasn't his signature versus "I don't recall".

They should buy burgers for the NCAA investigators.

Edit3: Michigan's plan was for Harbaugh to apologize and for the President to tell the NCAA to go gently caress themselves, but they're not sure if anyone can get Harbaugh to apologize :v:

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 6, 2023

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Komet is a Penn State fan so he probably means the halftime incident in the PSU game.

You'd think he'd be more upset about the 2nd half in the PSU Game.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
So wait, you can pay the kids now but a burger during an arbitrary no recruiting time is verboten?

I suppose it’s fair, after all they dropped swift and ruthless justice on schools that knowingly harbored sexual predators.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
There is also a ding on an analyst doing some coaching (which goes on everywhere) and..

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1611488238400868353?s=20&t=AHbsg9JsCsfqOsLWTFMAZA

The NCAA is so full of poo poo.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Mike Bobo is about to for team become UGA’s QB coach. We haven’t had an official one, Monken heads that up but he isn’t really a QB guru.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Relentlessboredomm posted:

So wait, you can pay the kids now but a burger during an arbitrary no recruiting time is verboten?

I suppose it’s fair, after all they dropped swift and ruthless justice on schools that knowingly harbored sexual predators.

Also don’t forget the bowl ban they gave a team because a tutor, without the school knowing anything about it, helped Maty Mauk cheat on a paper!

(If you’re wondering about the “FIVE LEVEL ONE VIOLATIONS” sign that got much of CFB Twitter to pile on “Dorkwitz” again, it’s because MU fans are still very angry about that whole scenario.)

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Troy Queef posted:

Also don’t forget the bowl ban they gave a team because a tutor, without the school knowing anything about it, helped Maty Mauk cheat on a paper!

(If you’re wondering about the “FIVE LEVEL ONE VIOLATIONS” sign that got much of CFB Twitter to pile on “Dorkwitz” again, it’s because MU fans are still very angry about that whole scenario.)

Maty Mauk should have started a program for himself to just get an A like UNC was allowed to do by the NCAA.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
This whole thing is very funny.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Gonna be sad when Harbaugh dips for the NFL (whether or not this investigation has anything to do with it), I finally came around on the guy after last year.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Happy New Year goons

Tell your keyboardist to put Gladecover Scout in the next Explorer Anthology, he'll know what I'm talking about.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Regnevelc posted:

There is also a ding on an analyst doing some coaching (which goes on everywhere) and..

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1611488238400868353?s=20&t=AHbsg9JsCsfqOsLWTFMAZA

The NCAA is so full of poo poo.

I mean, it's a nice change from them letting the blue bloods get away with murder and then laying down the hammer on the little teams to try to make it look like they are enforcing rules. :shobon:

When the NCAA does this stuff to a team like Michigan, everyone takes notice. They've done similiar stuff to CU in the past, but nobody said anything, because noone cares about CU :ohdear:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Alabama was in the doghouse with the NCAA twenty years ago. More recently, USC got in some trouble.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

The Glumslinger posted:

Still feeling pissed off about USC's terrible defense and special teams costing them their bowl game

Grumble Grumble

I gotta be honest, I'm still feeling really good about Tulane's determination and ability to make adjustments and pull off well calculated risks.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Did I miss this? I guess this was two days ago.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/05/sports/football/michigan-state-khary-crump-tunnel-guilty.html

New York Times posted:

A Michigan State football player who had been facing a felony charge for striking an opposing player with his helmet during a skirmish inside the stadium’s tunnel last season pleaded guilty on Thursday to misdemeanors, his lawyer said.

In a deal with prosecutors, the player, Khary Crump, 20, pleaded guilty to one count of assault and battery and one count of disorderly conduct in connection with the tussle on Oct. 29, which took place after the University of Michigan defeated its rival Michigan State, 29-7, according to his lawyer, Mike Nichols.

The felonious assault charge that Mr. Crump had originally faced was dropped by prosecutors, and his criminal record will be expunged once he completes a program under the Holmes Youthful Trainee Act, which gives people between the ages of 18 and 25 a clean record if they successfully complete probation, Mr. Nichols said.

Mr. Crump is scheduled to be sentenced on Jan. 31. The assault and battery charge carries a maximum sentence of 93 days in jail. Mr. Nichols said that he did not expect his client would be sentenced to serve any jail time.
Six other Michigan State players were charged with misdemeanors in connection with the episode.

Mr. Crump’s actions prompted outrage from football fans. Some, Mr. Nichols said, directly messaged Mr. Crump on social media and crudely expressed their negative opinions of him. Jim Harbaugh, the head coach of the Michigan Wolverines, said at a news conference in October that what had happened inside the tunnel was “egregious.”

“It’s sickening to watch the videos,” he said, adding that there needed to be accountability.

The University of Michigan did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment on Thursday night.

Mr. Crump was suspended from the team by his head coach, Mel Tucker. He will also miss the first eight games of next season, according to Mr. Nichols, who said his client was remorseful about what he did.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

LeeMajors posted:

Lincoln Riley is a top 5 coach in the country what the gently caress are we even talking about here lol

If he loving Forrest Gumps his way into a Venables-like DC like dipship Dabo did they’re going to start destroying people.

They need a good DC and better line of scrimmage talent acquisition but that should be possible at USC, elite offense with Heisman QB play is harder to manufacture than good defense, and the game is skewed toward offense.

https://twitter.com/LateKickJosh/status/1375450684326354956?s=20&t=w7wZtps8KsqE2BdVWkBbvA

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Nick Saban subtweeting the entire Big 10 West.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Lasagna Pilot posted:

They need a good DC and better line of scrimmage talent acquisition but that should be possible at USC, elite offense with Heisman QB play is harder to manufacture than good defense, and the game is skewed toward offense.

https://twitter.com/LateKickJosh/status/1375450684326354956?s=20&t=w7wZtps8KsqE2BdVWkBbvA

Nobody let Iowa see this

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Regardless of what you think of Alabama that clip encapsulates precisely why Saban is the GOAT. He whined about no huddle for a bit but once he realized it was staying he changed with it rather than stubbornly getting his rear end kicked over and over.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
holy moly

https://twitter.com/blake_corum/status/1612526499399098368

looks like Michigan figured out how to turn their moneycannon on for NIL

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Aight?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

is Saban's whole gimmick now to complain over Zoom calls from his home office

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

is Saban's whole gimmick now to complain over Zoom calls from his home office

What a boomer

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4021592

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Look at this guy holding up the jerseys of his slain Nebraska teammates

https://twitter.com/billykemp_4/status/1612635699278385153?t=tOHwnk1mDVK0keWlhKVadg&s=19