Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
That a good or bad thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Non Compos Mentis posted:

That a good or bad thing?

85% of the people on it was LNP ex-members, staff or mates.

So only a bad thing if you're one of them.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
https://twitter.com/7NewsCanberra/status/1603291143583649792

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Can't blame Micronesia.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Comstar posted:

85% of the people on it was LNP ex-members, staff or mates.

So only a bad thing if you're one of them.

Well that's one way to clear out the stooges.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Cool can't wait for them to abolish the Fair Work Commission

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Don Dongington posted:

Cool can't wait for them to abolish the Fair Work Commission LNP

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
LNP are managing that on their own.

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°

The Lord Bude posted:

LNP are managing that on their own.

Look at this guy, still shocked the ALP is adopting LNP policies as their own.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Lol apparently it's a really strong liquor and you're only supposed to sip it but he skulled it (so honestly, respect)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

freebooter posted:

Lol apparently it's a really strong liquor and you're only supposed to sip it but he skulled it (so honestly, respect)

Yeah I got the feeling it was some serious stuff and it's a shockingly innocent faux pas as far as whitey going on diplomatic shenanigans goes

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

freebooter posted:

Kava is not alcohol and usually not that strong. Even if you drink a lot of it you are probably just going get a bit loopy then fall asleep.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yea he was drinking kava before that

the last drink he was given wasnt kava

----

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-17/qld-police-shooting-nathaniel-train-rammed-border-dumped-guns/101783696

Apparently the Train man just crashed through the border dumping guns during lockdown and they never followed up on him til he shot a bunch of cops dead?

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Am just a bit bemused by all the handwringing that they weren't on some sort of watch list in an environment where you just have to look at the comments on basically any Sky News article to see a hundred other wingnuts spouting identical insane poo poo. It is absolutely everywhere and has been for a number of years. The sheer proliferation must make it nigh on impossible to tell apart the keyboard warriors from the ones hoarding firearms to ambush cops.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Look everyone as we all know the big threat right now are climate protesters and people who inconvenience motorists. Despite this huge security and intelligence apparatus, we can only look at two groups and we've decided that Islamic extremists is always #1 and the current #2 is protesters. It's the price of freedom okay???

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Tomberforce posted:

Am just a bit bemused by all the handwringing that they weren't on some sort of watch list in an environment where you just have to look at the comments on basically any Sky News article to see a hundred other wingnuts spouting identical insane poo poo. It is absolutely everywhere and has been for a number of years. The sheer proliferation must make it nigh on impossible to tell apart the keyboard warriors from the ones hoarding firearms to ambush cops.

I agree, we should be imprisoning anyone who comments on sky news

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm just baffled by their plan though.

1. file themselves as missing persons
2. die in a hail of gunfire?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

Why didn't Mohammed Atta wear a parachute?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Synthbuttrange posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-17/qld-police-shooting-nathaniel-train-rammed-border-dumped-guns/101783696

Apparently the Train man just crashed through the border dumping guns during lockdown and they never followed up on him til he shot a bunch of cops dead?

"He jumped out of the car and started ditching all the stuff out of the car and throwing it into the creek. I thought, 'that looks sketchy.'"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

QPOL too busy dealing with the very real crime of falsely accusing your partner of domestic abuse to deal wiht some non-issue like a guy loaded up with guns and knives ramming fences to avoid road blocks

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Synthbuttrange posted:

they didn't file themselves as missing persons, nathaniel's wife did after he mysteriously left her to go live with his brother. when they found out about the missing persons report, their severe paranoia made them think that the cops were coming to kill them all because they'd convinced themselves nathaniel had uncovered high-level corruption in the nsw education department (in actuality he'd been complaining to the department about a bunch of issues he'd had in his last job as a principal but somewhere along the way that turned into paranoid conspiracy theories). from what's out there it seems like this was just extremely paranoid self-defense, at least from their point of view - "the cops are coming to kill us so we're going set up an ambush and kill them first"

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I’m not sure whether there’s been any real announcement but looks like the mental health forum re: better access scheme is happening on the 30/1.

Great that it’s happening so quickly but not sure I’m confident in the outcomes as the science of this has already been presented, not sure why it’s got to be a forum.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Fondly remembering Count Chocula in his time of trial

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/dec/23/you-cant-be-unhappy-on-a-christmas-bus-the-sydney-competition-surprising-commuters

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Peter Dutton

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Merry loving Christmas everyone. I am with the in-laws. It is my personal hell.

May you all get what you all deserve. Happy Holidays!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
My inlaws who got divorced this year surprisingly managed to spend an entire hour together with their grandkids without saying anything lovely to each other its a christmas miracle. I also wrestled two small children at once which makes me feel like andre the giant

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
Merry Christmas Auspol, kids finally went to bed

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Well this thread slowed down a lot, now that Federal Gov isn't on fire and exploding every day.

Looks like we might get a replacement to Myki in Victoria, to allow regional rail and bus to use the same ticketing system.

Explanation for how we got here

quote:

Myki is the responsibility of PTV and is operated by NTT Data, formerly Kamco.

We could have had Octopus from the get go. MTR bid for the contract. And so did one of the main companies involved with Oyster.

Instead, the contract was given to Kamco, a group of companies that at that point, “had no corporate experience in developing, implementing and operating a ticketing system" and "barely demonstrated adequate capacity." - not my words, the words of the Auditor General’s report.

It was found at the time that the head of the Transport Ticketing Authority (the authority overseeing Metcard) had shares to the tune of $150,000 in one of Kamco’s subsidiaries. His partner was also working for one of these subsidiaries at the time. He also used to work for Keane, one of the main companies in the consortium, and Keane wrote many parts of the brief. He quit his job the day before he was due to front a parliamentary committee.

It gets even better. The cheif auditor examining the myki tender process was married to the head of myki.

It was all massively corrupt and managed to be all swept under the rug at the time.

It is still the most expensive public transport ticketing system in the world costing in the region of $1.5 billion, and now after 11 years of use it’s looking like it will be scrapped after the contract with NTT Data expires next year.

Happy loving New Year All You Cunts.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Comstar posted:

Well this thread slowed down a lot, now that Federal Gov isn't on fire and exploding every day.

Looks like we might get a replacement to Myki in Victoria, to allow regional rail and bus to use the same ticketing system.

Explanation for how we got here

Happy loving New Year All You Cunts.
Enjoy the fireworks tonight and the holiday on Monday... See you next Tuesday.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
no, it's the kids that are wrong

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Happy new year to all of you humbugs. 2022 was a bit poo poo, but a bit less poo poo than 2021. Hopefully the trend continues!

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
the first sequel to 2020 was an improvement, but we'll have to see how the franchise goes from there

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yes look at your loving face.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

ShoeFly posted:

Happy new year to all of you humbugs. 2022 was a bit poo poo, but a bit less poo poo than 2021. Hopefully the trend continues!

Personally I had a great 2022, and I think Australia did too since the Liberal Party ate poo poo both federally and in Victoria. Happy new year!

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

chugg-palmer

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

I actually read the column in question and he seems like he somewhat understands what's going on? :shrug:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/young-voters-don-t-want-a-bar-of-us-the-lament-of-young-liberals-leader-20221229-p5c9d7.html

An Excerpt posted:

Instead of the genuine commitment needed to confront the deep-seated cultural problems in our politics – on questions of respect, integrity and the treatment of women – we got marketing and spin. If the salesman wasn’t enough to turn young voters away, his approach to key policy issues – namely climate change and housing affordability – sent them running.

Action on climate change continues to rank among the top priorities for young Australians. We want to ensure that our planet is liveable for us and our children. Despite the Coalition government wheeling out a commitment to net-zero emissions by 2050, few believed it on the issue of climate action.

Why? Because the Coalition spent the previous 10 years unable to agree on an approach, and the final product was nothing more than a glossy brochure. It is not that we, the Liberals, were “Labor-lite” but that we lacked credibility. We were punished for this, and it was a key reason many young voters abandoned the Coalition.

Unfortunately, it appears this lesson still hasn’t been learnt by the federal Coalition with its recent opposition to the Albanese government’s climate legislation likely confirming the suspicions young voters had about our climate credentials. Climate action is not only about protecting the environment; it is about the opportunity to grow our nation’s prosperity.

Lmao at thinking that "net zero by 2050" counts as "climate action" but he's actually pointing the finger of blame where it belongs, for once.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Millennials have spent their entire lives being denigrated and exploited by the liberal party to impress boomers. They're hosed with us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
it was revealing that the other policy criticism in that piece was that the proposal to let first home buyers use super was that it was announced too late