Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
when are we getting the victorian election thread???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
roll the potato please

:auspol:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Comstar posted:

Every time I drive under skyrail I'll think of him.

Pity we'll never see the outer loop done, is the Heir Apparent the roads minister?

it'll get done, at least to box hill, which is magnificent political gamemanship, it ends right before doncaster, and bulleen (last lib refuge in eastern melbourne) meaning support will be incredibly high in two elections time when stage 1 is nearing completion and stage 2 would have to be approved, making it very hard for the libs to kill off without upsetting their remaining base.

Dan was always going to step down (heh) this term and hand it over to Jacinta to let her get some time in the top job before the next election.

3 years is the same amount of time Brumby got after Bracks resigned, although he lost an election by 1 seat. Jacinta will have a dozen ribbon cutting ceremonies before the next election for hospitals, schools, the metro tunnel and westgate tunnel along with a dozen new train stations. She was also in charge of the big build program for a few years so will no doubt keep that rolling where the budget allows it.