Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
On the first day of auspolmas Antony Green gave to me
One defeated Scomo, and Dutton leading the LNP.

On the second day of auspolmas Antony Green gave to me
One defeated Scomo, Two-time defeated Matthew Guy, and Dutton leading the LNP

On the third day of auspolmas Antony Green gave to me
One defeated Scomo, Two-time defeated Matthew Guy, Three Brisbane Greens, and Dutton leading the LNP

On the forth day of auspolmas Antony Green gave to me
One defeated Scomo, Two-time defeated Matthew Guy, Three Brisbane Greens, Four Victorian level crossing closures occurring by 2025, and Dutton leading the LNP

On the fifth day of auspolmas Antony Green gave to me
One defeated Scomo, Two-time defeated Matthew Guy, Three Brisbane Greens, Four Victorian level crossing closures occurring by 2025, Five new Climate Change Friendly board members at AGL, and Dutton leading the LNP

Ho ho ho!

Death is Certain! But optimism is healthy!

And a happy new year to all Goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

You realise there are 12 days of Christmas right? What kind of half assed OP is this?

You could have used the new Teal MPs for one of the entries.

Well you see yesterday was the fifth of December and...five days?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Peter Dutton

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I demand more royal commissions into the LNP.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I believe people are also ODing on it believing it will cure Covid symptoms.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

You see the trick is to walk into the house's office, bang on the desk and say I want a mortgage.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Konomex posted:

Nah, it's simpler then that. Queenslanders aren't human.

*Hobbles into thread*
Ye will regret making fun of us Queensfolk!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ALP KAP minority will occur before the State ALP does a deal with the Greens lol.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What's this about the seating arrangements of a brothel?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Ah yes, Macrobusiness.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I love Paul Keating, I'm sorry but he's right most of the time actually.

By that I mean all he comments on is superannuation and foreign policy and I'm yet to disagree with him.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Lmao at calling Australia the Haunted House of Asia :ghost:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I think the Queensland stereotypes are outrageously out of date considering the greens representation we have and how we almost elected a weed party senator whereas comparatively the Victorians elected a Palmer Senator.

The Melbourne lockdown created more Nazis and a significant population of Facebook group crazies whereas Brisbane did not have such an opportunity.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What if Dom made the phone call but they were in a Chinese baby formula factory and Dom had to decide between saving his wife and calling an ambulance or letting thousands of babies die from baby formula?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

And the only way to destroy the baby formula factory and save the babies is by buying a nuclear submarine to travel to the factory and sink it into the ocean because the factory is on top of a Chinese aircraft carrier but Doms wife could also die.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Queensland will probably flip...

People are starting to forget it's still the same Newman era Toad's minus the Newman.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Recoome posted:

Wow so it turns out 7.9 million drivers licence numbers were leaked due to the Latitude hack.

That’s just under 40% of the entire adult population of Australia.

Latitude Financial has disclosed that details of 14 million consumer records – including driver’s licences, passport numbers and financial statements – were stolen from its system in a cyber hack that is far worse than the company initially reported.

Number go up

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Does this mean that there are gay One Nation supporters? Is Pauline afraid of losing them?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i dont necessarily see how the housing crisis is going to provide a workable point of difference for the coalition but presumably their tactic will be to declare that its a result of labor waste and tbh itll probably work as it always has

They'll call on Labor to further unlock Super for downpayments.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Time to update Peter Dutton's political scandal indicator to EMBATTLED.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

My dad was a baptist and hit me and told me pokemon was the work of the devil.

Been playing pokemon ever since. :beerpal:

Also he used some loophole where he created a company and made his new wife the CEO and put on the books that he was being paid minimum wage in order to avoid paying child support to my mum.

Wants my kid to get baptised.

lmao.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Pulls me up one Sunday school

"Son...
Did you know Pokemon....

Stands for Pocket Monsters?!?

As in DEMONS!"

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yeah Aldnoah Zero was pretty decent.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Huh,

More feet than expected.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Holding a DD against the Greens would just benefit the Greens because then they get to campaign on why Labor is being dogshit and probably increase their HoR and Senate seats as a result.

Labor pulling a DD to campaign on their lukewarm actions against inflation and housing affordability will only cause Green gains, thus a DD won't happen.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The ABC reports Labor is seriously considering a Double Dissolution election to set a mandate for both the Housing Future Fund and to add momentum to the faltering Yes Campaign.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Autisanal Cheese posted:

what the gently caress why would they do this

Mandates, apparently.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

hooman posted:

Labor will absolutely not call a double dissolution election. In fact if there was an open market on sportsbet for it, I would literally put money on it. Nothing but bluster to try and pressure the greens, and I am proud of them for holding firm and forcing labor to do actually good things instead of *nothing* things. The problem with housing exists right now, and the solutions need to address both the problem right now and the problem long term.

Not Labor's original policy of doing nothing right now, and maybe doing something long term if the stock market goes up and the investment pays off, and they're still in government, and they feel like it.

The Albanese government is seeking constitutional advice over whether the Greens’ continual refusal to allow a debate on the $10 billion social housing fund is grounds for a double dissolution election.

After the Greens and the Coalition teamed up in the Senate on Monday to defer debating and voting on the bill until October 16, Anthony Albanese told Caucus the action may constitute the first half of a trigger for an early, full Senate election.

“The Greens are bringing a juvenile, student politics approach which needs to be exposed,” he said of the party’s refusal to back the Housing Australia Future Fund despite numerous concessions.

“Continually deferring a bill can be taken as a block, and we are seeking advice on that.”

The Greens are demanding the government enact a national rent freeze before considering the bill, but Albanese said that was not only untenable but would result in less supply and make the problem worse.

A double dissolution trigger is gained when the Senate fails to pass a bill twice with a minimum of three months in between.

A double dissolution is a full Senate election that must be held more than six months before the expiry date of the House of Representatives.

At the very latest, that would be March 29, 2025, but the government could go much earlier if it wished. The earliest it could hold a half-Senate election would be August 3, 2024.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

But is Labor decorum enough to seek a mandate if a DD means further mandates to be had?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

They need a mandate to fix the problem first.

Labor follows Crusader Kings 2 logic where they need to send their Spymaster to the Senate to fabricate a mandate.

Then the call election button will be available to acquire more mandates.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Get 10 percent off your rent when you subscribe to Everyday Rewards+.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The secret is to have all millennials move to Perth and start a commune with Logan's Run rules?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Congrats on finishing your book milky, I'll read it.

Congrats on finishing your article Bucky, I'll read it too.

Congrats to all who finish their projects, good job goons!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yeah but if you wanna use the thread as a instant chat room you could atleast join discord or something to discuss your authorship.

Don't wanna drown out events such as Scott Morrison fleeing to Italy.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

By the way I've been busy with a toddler but I'm still reading through your article :)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

We should merge with the new Zealand thread to acquire a topic.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hey JBP please stop being devils advocate for the housing market.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ATO call centre is chill

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ATO call centre is generally good because there's no real targets, you just got to be able to find the correct answer to some query and springboard elsewhere in the APS from that.

90 percent of call centres are poo poo but ATO is pretty good because even at tax time the worst case scenario is being stumped at a question and these days every team has an inbuilt support aps4 and when they get stumped you have a national support hotline so you hunt down the answers and give it to the client and that's the end of the call.

It also isn't gonna get eaten by ai anytime soon because of how much they want human input, human checks and robodebt means the machines will be on a leash for some time yet at an APS level.

No sales targets, no worries.

Anidav fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jul 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

You could buy enough knives to build a house made of knives. That's only if you're sharp enough.