Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Bucky Fullminster posted:

I write when there is something new to say, so it seems kind of redundant when Dave Anthony has already done it.

Also it's kind of included anyway

i am never gonna listen to that podcast so post as many words as you want about it, i'll read them

go hog wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

SecretOfSteel posted:

So how is the is the City of Stirling Council in Perth looking to tackle the rapidly growing crisis that is homeless?

they're not, Stirling is awful and the council is basically 99% chuds.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

freebooter posted:

Isn't Stirling the one where the mayor's in the mafia?

Probably? I have a friend who got elected to Stirling council, next time I am drinking with them i'll have to ask.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Comstar posted:

Ask your friend what they are personally doing for the homeless.

probably not a lot as a councilor (I don't know what they get up to outside of their council work), their council focus is environmental issues. So going to assume they drink heavily at the lack of progress being made in pretty much every aspect (except for corrupt property developers, they are making a lot of progress).

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

No, they're on the moon

Postingway

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Comstar posted:

Don't gently caress this up.

LNP will be re-elected lol

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

I didn't say at what election.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hambeet posted:

hey it doesn’t work, just fyi

well not with that attitude it won't

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
anyway always repost capybara as they are cool

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Taking his greivances to God directly.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

YOU KNOW JIM, I HAVE A loving IDEA WHERE YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO RUSTLE UP A LITTLE MORE CASH.

is the answer ensuring that student debt is repaid and claiming back welfare overpayments?

that's the answer isn't it

and reducing spending on the ndis
spending too much on that ndis i hear

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

A Good Username posted:

Fundamentally, everything about it is stupid.
Maybe if you designed a new city that's going to use it from day one, it would be "practical". But then your city will be a huge, empty, barren, unwalkable nightmare.

The doco The Experimental City goes into this, with the idea of building a city specifically around a few types of technologies and urban planning ideas to see how they would work in practice. The mode of transport they would have planned around was a dual-mode vehicle, that could drive like a car on a street or attach to something like a track or cable and basically become a cable-car and drive itself to a location. If you like urban planning and insane pie in the sky ideas, check the doco out. It's good.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
bucky watch The Experimental City

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Sure, I’ll try and track it down, thanks, but it feels important to note that we’re working with what we’ve got here, not starting from scratch

Oh this isn't meant to be in agreement with your ideas or disagreement with them, or me putting forth an alternative solution, I just think you would really dig the doco.

Also watch Citizen Jane (2016), another urban planning doco.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
bucky you should play cities: skylines

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
proposal: dual-mode trucks, like the O-Bahn in Adelaide, so we combine both trucks and trains into one.

even better if they are electric trucks.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Recoome posted:

The good news is that there really isn't a ton of evidence to suggest actual health issues beyond psychosomatic impacts -

yeah but they are really bad for my parrot so we should ban them

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

when I said "make it a subject", I meant give them the skills and training, not send them out on active jobs per se. Ropes, knots, radio comms, maybe a bit of light chainsaw juggling. All good general skills. The point is that it would be better than waiting and doing these long drawn-out training sessions one weeknight at at time, which is what 90% of being in the SES is.

Also don't underestimate literal children.

I've taught children (and adults) ropes & knots, and without constant supervision, they would straight up kill each other and themselves.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Left turn on red as standard unless otherwise signposted

This causes a big hazard to pedestrians and cyclists as the drivers are more occupied paying attention to possible oncoming traffic coming from the right and don't notice pedestrians/cyclists to their left. Especially in stupidly big vehicles like Ford Raptors and Dodge Rams.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

alright nice, never mind then, we're moving towards active transport anyway, motorists can wait I guess. I feel like there are definitely times when you could do it more, and we should keep it moving if we can, and I don't like going off one stranger's tweet about one study, but whatever who cares, get on a bike losers we're going cycling

There must have been a bunch of incidents in America recently as I have seen the topic pop up a lot over the past few weeks, that tweet was just the first one I found as I was phoneposting on the couch.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

no

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

This would secure the Ford Ranger vote by creating less traffic and more parking spaces by taking a significant number of cars off the road.

Ford Ranger drivers aren't capable of this level of thought, thats both why they drive a Ford Ranger and why we are in this mess to begin with.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
someone please edit the screenshot from Its Always Sunny of Charlie Day standing infront of Buckys green line maps instead of the Pepe Silvia Red String Board.

i can't do it because I am a talentless hack

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Electric Wrigglies posted:

Need zoning regs to support that so Nedlands gets some medium density blocks too, not just Kalamunda bro and South of the river.

paging froglet to the thread

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Where would you start it?

the future

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hambeet posted:

Hey all I’m running a book on what the response will be to the above, so start placing bets

$10 on 'hey thanks for the feedback, this is really helpful. I'll take this on board and make some changes you suggested!'

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

The completely correct world-exclusive answer to the question that stumped all the experts?

what an amazing statement

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Non Compos Mentis posted:

i dont think there are any kaiju based on geothermal power

One of the Godzillas (I think in vs King Ghidorah? maybe) is overheating from too much nuclear energy inside him. Thats kind of like geothermal energy.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

No... it's not...?

Look

Put your Godzilla into some water, the water gets hot

Bam

Geothermal energy ok

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
HE HAS A LOT OF STEAM COMING OFF HIM BECAUSE HE IS TOO HOT, LIKE GEOTHERMAL STEAM

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Assessor of Maat posted:

vs. Destoroyah, they suggest it's partly because of what happened in vs. Mechagodzilla II with Fire Rodan dying to juice Godzilla up and win IIRC

I need to re-watch all of those one day, I haven't seen them since watching them late night on SBS way back in the day.

but I could just watch Kong: Skull Island and ShinGodzilla on repeat and have a much better time instead.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Assessor of Maat posted:

let's just post about Godzilla until bucky goes away again

i went and met Godzilla in Tokyo

he is real, and strong, and is my friend

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Did you know Godzilla is a metaphor for nuclear weapons?

I heard it was a metaphor for geothermal energy.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Assessor of Maat posted:

Destoroyah is easily the third or fourth best Godzilla movie after Shin and the original so I dispute the suggestion you won't have a good time

yes but that's like 5 good movies out of...

what 35 odd Godzilla movies?

Biolante, Destroyah, and Ghidorah movies are great, same with some of the MechaGodzilla ones.

What was the one with the munted wee baby Godzilla?

There is a lot of chaff to sort through to get to the tasty tasty wheat.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Assessor of Maat posted:

38 if you include the crummy animated Godzilla trilogy

the terrible iteration of the baby is in Spacegodzilla, and there's different one in Final Wars but it's fine there tbh, also the motorcycle fight obliterates any criticisms I have of that movie

by my accounting half of Godzilla movies are at least good enough to be worth the watch, about 3/4 if you're a dork like me that can't get enough and enjoy the dodgier Shōwa ones, which ain't a bad hit rate for a long running franchise. better than any of this superhero crap or the star wars will ever manage I'm sure

I have a DVD of one of the Heisei Godzilla VS Mechagodzillas laying around here somewhere. I should watch it again as its been a hot minute since I have seen any of the old movies.

Need to get a copy of Gamera too.

Gappa can gently caress off though, jesus christ.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
bucky i have a good radio voice pay me to read your article for the audio book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow