Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
I'm a big fan of the data showing patients significantly find relief and success after the full 20 sessions. So now we can have more patients, half-arsed, rather than people actually leaving and not having to go back (or go back as often).

I think I had 10 sessions under the old system and was actually pretty good by the end of them, but I wouldn't have wanted to just have to wait around for several months for another 10 sessions at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Comstar posted:

85% of the people on it was LNP ex-members, staff or mates.

So only a bad thing if you're one of them.

Well that's one way to clear out the stooges.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Auspol, kids finally went to bed

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

What is wrong with this person's face? Is it meant to look like this?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Surprised it hasn't happened sooner, the man's been talking to someone that isn't there for years

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

When I saw the thumbnail for this it was too small on my phone for me to realise how old she was and I just thought she was an idiotic millenial. The age factor dramatically changes that headline.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

No paracetamol? Time to start licking frogs I guess.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

‘You can only buy one pack per day without the involvement of a doctor’ is a long long way from ‘taking away paracetamol’.

Uhuh. Uhuh.

So whats the best frog to lick for pain relief?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

This reminds me of AI art, are they outsourcing their photoshops to an AI now?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

bell jar posted:

children aren't human in qld

Nah, it's simpler then that. Queenslanders aren't human.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

shalcar posted:

You know the reserve bank has basically nothing to do with wages, right? The reserve bank has exactly one economic lever and that is the interest rate. I'm not suggesting that the reserve bank has done an amazing job or anything, but the people actually responsible for this, politicians from both sides of the fence are really, really happy that the reserve bank is taking the heat for their policy choices.

The gutting of labour's bargaining power over capital is why wages are dropping in real terms at an all time high, not the interest rate being 25 basis points higher.

If you read the article, it's largely about the RBA governor's bashing on about how inflation has been driven by wage growth and people spending. When in reality wages have slipped backwards and it is profiteering companies spending up big. It is not at all about the RBA keeping wages low, it is entirely about the governor being a disengious dickhead.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Senor Tron posted:

Just announced, from 2025 there will be a 30% tax rate on earnings in super accounts with a balance over 3 million dollars.

Did they bother future proofing that cap? Or is it just a hard cap, lazy government sort of deal?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

PalaNIN posted:

Presumably indexing the cap with inflation. Chalmers said the $3m limit won't be indexed

Yeah this. 3 million is a lot these days, but when I was a kid 1 million was insane. When my old boss first started working he made $1000 a year. When my Nan left school she worked for half a pound a day. The current medicare rebate is poo poo, but when it was introduced it was a reasonable amount. Now many GP's can't afford to bulk bill unless they ran factory style practices.

It's lazy government to set a monetary cap on anything, all costs or limits should be indexed to something.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Electric Wrigglies posted:

Amusing the cops starting to work with other unions.

I did go and look it up;

So starting out at median Australia salary (~$1,250/wk) with decent conditions and up from there, especially if you are happy to live outside the city so on top of a premium, the living costs are lower as well. Not so shabby. Not sure if a pensions are available for the police like in the old days but the super scheme is very good in any event.

So I think it comes back to how are they gate-keeping the roles? I assume minimum heights have gone but are they expecting great OP score or something?

I don't think they are gate-keeping the roles? Cops can't get workers comp from memory, so when they get shot/stabbed/bashed/stressed out then they're hosed.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Cops very much get workers comp.

I am specifically speaking of WA, Barnett was mentioned so I thought it would be relavent. My cousin was a young cop, got injured, did not get workers comp. Had to quit and get a different career. Seems they put a scheme into place a year ago, but it's not workers comp. It's specifically for cops who can't keep working due to injuries, but its a separate thing.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Wait, was my cousin even a cop then? He claimed he got stabbed and everything

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

All cousins are bastards

He's cool now, since the "stabbing". He really mellowed out. I thought it was a near death experience that did it, but apparently it was letting go of all the lies?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

I feel like a yes vote would be a symbolic gesture that we'd like to see more things done for first nations Australians. Not knowing the exact form it would take however, I'm hoping it mostly manifests in a group of people who call the government out on their poo poo endlessly.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

...I can't not see a giant shoe.

Is it not a giant shoe? I just assumed it was a cricket thing, like a cricket shoe? Are they doing a shooey? I don't play cricket, or watch it, it's boring. But that thing is a shoe.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Ranter posted:

Chinese capital is used to set up neo colonial projects in poor countries to steal their resources to create more Chinese capital which is then used to invade Tibet to free the slaves n peasants #freetibet

It's only okay when Western nations set up neo colonial projects in poor countries to steal their resources to create more Western capital which is then used to invade ... several nations to free the tribes n women #bantheburqa?

Fundamentally we probably have more in common with the poor people of other nations then we do with the ruling billionaire class. We should really stop speaking about war with China or licking American boots, and start discussing how we are best to throw off the chains comrades and enact a new revolution for the proletariat. Alternatively, just stop licking American boots because that place is getting as bad as China on the human rights abused right about now, unlike us... who also abuse human rights.

You know what, I'm going to go hug my children and watch cartoons.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Latham once broke a taxi driver's arm.

Did he shake their hand too vigorously?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Pleasant Friend posted:

Anyone who seriously suggests America is anywhere as bad as China in regards to human rights abuses is off the deep end.

Typical lovely whataboutism to justify supporting anything non western.

America has legalised slavery.
America consistently shoots it's own citizens.
America has the death penalty.
America has child marriage (some states with no lower age limit).

I'm not sure how you compare human rights abuses, which is objectively worse. But considering American's steady slide towards full blown fascism in the past few years, it's a thing to consider that America might not be 'as bad' as China now, but soon will be possibly shovelling LGBTQI people into concentration camps under some Christofascist statehood.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

The Peccadillo posted:

China wins because when their main baby formula manufacturer killed a bunch of babies the ceo was executed and when it happened in america they were like "overhead costs are too high boo hoo" and it went away

Holy loving poo poo. I'm not in favour of the death penalty, but I'd definately be behind China's general stance on that issue.

Anyway, my initial point was not so much China is better than the US. But that the US loving sucks and we shouldn't be buddying up to them on these sorts of issues, especially since they keep trying to import their insane crap onto us.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Why should it be the purview of a local council to deal with homeless? They're hardly going to have the resources to deal with such an issue. Homelessness should be a state government issue. And those fucks should build more social housing.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Ranter posted:

gently caress social housing. Public housing only. Start building high quality modern housing now while also capping how many homes 1 person can own (2 for now), extra homes are acquired by the state, homeless people and people working too far from their job get put in these homes if they want while we keep building.

Or did you mean public housing? Yeah cool

I'm unsure of the difference. Just give people homes.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Outside of some Evangelical organization, who the hell would hire Morrison after his stellar run as PM?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Animal Friend posted:

en economic system of competition between 4 banks, 2 food suppliers and 1 media company.

I don't know what it's like in other States, but in WA on the food supply side we have some more competition now. Coles, Woolies, Spud Shed, Aldi, and then the independent grocers association (IGA).

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

I think one of the reasons they were pursuing 'green hydrogen' was the ability to generate massive quantities of it in Australia and then export it to neighbouring countries.

I've seen more movements on Sodium Flow batteries as energy storage than hydrogen tech though.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

hooman posted:

No they can't, they can levy fines, or force the union to disband, but then lol, lmao every nurse individually wildcat strikes and what are you going to do? Fire them all?

If they're going down that route then you probably also get solidarity strikes (even though they're also illegal) from other public sector unions, because at that point gently caress you entirely, and the entire structure of your bureaucracy burns down.

It's kind of telling that they've been hard on the rhetoric but soft on the consequences because they know if they push too hard they just get straight wildcat action and everyone realises they're actually toothless against truly collective action.

I've been having arguments with many a people this week about the Nurse Union strikes and the idiocy of the IRC. As a teacher in WA I would fully strike in solidarity with the nursing union if that were to happen and I'd be encouraging other teachers to do so too. We've got a public sector alliance in the state right now to help each other raise the pay and conditions of the entire public sector. If the nurses get 5%, then teachers get 5% as well. So I'm fully rooting for them. Especially since we've already begun letters of exchange for this year I believe.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

EoinCannon posted:

I'm a Catholic and married an orthodox person in an orthodox church and I didn't have to do anything extra as the two churches are cool with each other I guess. Would have been nice to learn a bit about it though, it's very different to the modern Catholic church, probably more like it was pre Vatican II

Not quite, they split about 900 years before Vatican II. Something about the bread, probably more about political power struggles, but I like to imagine it was mostly a fight about the bread.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

freebooter posted:

What's the justification for it? I know what the actual justification is (only old people matter as a voting bloc) but what are they saying the justification is?

Other 55s are discriminated against and therefore sit on jobseeker for long, especially women. Which sounds nice in theory until you realise that the system demands we have unemployed and jobseeker is below the poverty line, an ethical nightmare. And that 'younger' people find it harder to get promoted because of a bunch of boomers refusing to retire and just clogging up the high level jobs.

I'm not happy about it, but let's not kid ourselves here. Liberals never would have given a partial rise to jobseeker, their plan was to refuse to give jobseeker to people under 26(?) until they'd been unemployed for 6 months.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Can we just start spitting on Labor politicians

All my local and federal members share one office, so I could probably go down there and spit on all 3 at the same time (we're on a border of two electorates)

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Bucky's avatar is scaring me.

And everytime I see King Charles I can't not look at his sausage fingers, they weirdly call to the eye. I know his Mom lived for ages, but I can't imagine even with top medical science he's going to last another 10 years.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Calling Australia a country founded by mentally ill rejects is pretty harsh. From a class perspective it's downright offensive. And the trashing of Australia's music scene is loving bonkers, for a nation our size we have some amazing bands and solo acts.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

The government will decide who is and isn't an Australian for our governing purposes

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Serious question. Should this be pronounced 'Ba -na - nuss' or 'Ban - ANUS'

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Bucky Fullminster posted:

They're all there - DHL, Toll, Linfox, Woolworths, Auspost, all the other random little ones, etc.

If you need to use trucks for supermarkets or whatever else that's fine. I'd like to see some of them go along the rail network to different suburban centres, but think that's getting into impractical fantasy territory. Hopefully we could use this to send a lot of them out of the Sydney basin at least though.

And the last Scott's CEO was dealing with a lovely rail network!

All this thought and it sort of goes out the window when you live in WA and about once a year there's a problem with the train line, derailment, flood, heat, you name it. And suddenly the shops can't get anything because all the supermarket packaging hubs are over east. Picked in WA, sent to NSW, sent back to WA.

Take all those trucks off the road and you won't have viable alternatives when your rail line inevitably meets a gently caress up. Multiple redundancies are a good thing in a logistics chain.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

SecretOfSteel posted:

Yay, WA going to give Toryism a whirl.

:suicide:

If you read the article he doesn't say that. Kind of a lovely headline from a lovely "paper"

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

QUACKTASTIC posted:

McGowan just resigned

State daddy noooooo.

Who will lead the Glorious Westralia now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

You do wonder what he was hoping would be the end result of the case.

He knows he did the war crimes, he knows there were witnesses, he knows that the reporting was accurate and researched. So I suppose he was hoping they would fold immediately.

Going to read this in the most positive light, perhaps he's such a narcissistic sociopath that he doesn't think what he did was a war crime.