Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Recoome posted:

I'll shut up about the psych poo poo after this but the risk arising from this decision is that we pull the ladder of mental healthcare up slightly again, meaning a stack of people who may have been able to afford those gap payments will not get treatment and are left to the winds of fate. Will they get better by themselves? Will they experience a decline enough to require acute services (a huge and extremely negative outcome)? Somewhere in the middle? It's a bit ghoulish by Mark Butler to cite "... the need to do more to support people in rural and low socio-economic areas" but also reduce the ability for those people to access psychological services without announcing additional support.

This decision literally only impacts the consumers of mental health services. Everyone I know has a stack of work, and they had a stack of work prior to COVID too so really

as someone who is studying psych part time to change careers, this has been an extremely enlightening and somewhat disheartening conversation to read. is there anywhere online where this stuff is discussed that you recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU