Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Eat a huge bag of poo poo, Deves

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

blame staff

that's right anime dave.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

bald and pig-like

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh geeze, glad you're not immediately dead then.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

is that his o-face

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Electric Wrigglies posted:

Considering that everything goes through the medicare card, you think it would be easy for statistically optimal procedural based automation to spit out recommendations according to services/medications purchased "hey buddy, a twice daily buy of oxy for the last few weeks and no doctor visits - maybe you should go see a doc?" / "hmm that odd combination of tests and medications suggest that it is not a heart problem like you and your doctor think it is but is actually a reaction to the contraceptive pill you are on, better check for that",/ "you have a cold, antibiotics are probably not necessary and pharmacist x has a history of handing them out like candy".

I do not think ChatGPT is the answer, OP, thank you

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

freebooter posted:

You don't actually need to preface your long article about how yes it is actually more difficult for millennials with a million words that are just boomer whining, but to do so with a boomer who was left $2 million from a corrupt company is a staggeringly funny self own.

Meanwhile the real scoop flies under the radar:

ABC have to do this to make sure the LNP idiots who sign their payslips think everything is going their way

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

DRINK ME posted:

Panic buying paracetamol?

Lmao you know it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

gently caress off oval office

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

lol at the one nation signs decrying the "radical left meance" of alp+greens

yes..very lefty, those labor goons

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

birdstrike posted:

Anidav is pretty leftish

well I can't fault that

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Recoome posted:

What were the ALP even campaigning on?

Seemed like some real small target poo poo.

Road toll caps is the only thing I can remember

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Non Compos Mentis posted:

heres a cooker harassing electoral officers

https://twitter.com/melaniedoak/status/1639328297585901570

of course lyle helps blow it up

get hosed lyle you piece of poo poo

and craig too, fuckin oval office

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

thank gently caress i won't have to see perottet's creepy pastor/groomer-esque face anymore

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Jerk Burger posted:

So..... Almost 40% of Kiama voters are happy with a former lib now independent charged with sex crimes?

concerning

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

quote:

Victorian MP Moira Deeming has avoided expulsion from the parliamentary Liberal Party, but has been handed a nine-month suspension over her involvement with a controversial rally.

Victorian Liberal Leader John Pesutto had sought to have her expelled from the party room following the event earlier this month, at which a group of men performed Nazi salutes.

Mr Pesutto failed to gain enough support to secure the motion at a vote today.

you know, if i were the viclibs i would try and save face just a little bit, but here we are i guess

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

me hitting myself in the dick with a 2x4 over and over again: i just don't get it???

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

gamble responsibly

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

biiiillllll

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Eediot Jedi posted:

Who will partner with the nats though

The third Reich

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Any chances the Robodebt RC recommends charges are brought against these ghouls?

libs getting punished??? lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I'm glad England blew the last remaining bits of their GDP on this lmao

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

redirect the colony drop straight onto brisbane

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I had not heard about it, though I guess I was at work all day and then just kinda stopped existing for the night

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Budzilla posted:

Simon Crean has died. Should I care?

no

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/kplaysrpgs/status/1678239121351798784

lol

Electric Wrigglies posted:

I think it will continue to develop, continue to get better and yes, continue to displace old skills (translations can be hugely expensive, now the vast majority are done by DeepL/etc and touched up by a target language speaker).

DeepL is worse than running stuff through circa 2002 babelfish and MTL touchup translations are a loving joke and the bane of every related circle, AI is dogshit

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

There's a house behind me in Penrith that for bought for over 1m (trust me neither it or the land was worth that) and they immediately bulldozed it and gave slowly been replacing it with a completely out of place mcmansion that looks like fuckin dogshit

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Non Compos Mentis posted:

we are advocating for the removal of penrith

this

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

If you work on High Street (I do) parking is just massively hosed, have to go and move my car every two hours and pray to god I'm not circling the loving place for 15 minutes trying to swooce into a spot. I don't even know how you'd fix that, probably by not letting it get that bad in the first place lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

hm..yes...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

We only watch the dishwasher door being open because the younger dog wants to lick the cutlery

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Recoome posted:

Got the full text?

quote:

Key opponents of the Indigenous Voice have switched sides in the final weeks of the referendum to back the Yes case after rising fears that a No victory would align them with Opposition Leader Peter Dutton or One Nation leader Pauline Hanson.

The moves reveal the concerns among “progressive No” activists who initially rejected the Voice in favour of stronger action – such as a treaty first – but have moved away from the hardline stance taken by Indigenous senator Lidia Thorpe.
Senator Lidia Thorpe spoke to huge crowds at the Treaty Before Voice Invasion Day rally on January 26.

Senator Lidia Thorpe spoke to huge crowds at the Treaty Before Voice Invasion Day rally on January 26. Credit: Alexi J Rosenfeld

But Thorpe said the Blak Sovereignty movement, which she leads, was “growing exponentially” and would continue to oppose the Voice, saying she would not switch sides despite calls from Prime Minister Anthony Albanese for her support.

With early voting opening on Monday, the Yes campaign is trying to win back voters who have been swayed by conservative critics who say the Voice goes too far and “progressive No” leaders such as Thorpe who see the Voice as a retreat on sovereignty and treaty.

Thorpe’s case has lost ground, however, among some Indigenous people who have shifted to the Yes side as polling day draws closer.

Melbourne activist Tarneen Onus Browne said they were a “hard No” and actively campaigned against the Voice until changing their mind when they saw the risk of a No victory.
Tarneen Onus Browne was a hard no, but has changed their position after watching the rise of far-right extremists opposed to the Voice.

Tarneen Onus Browne was a hard no, but has changed their position after watching the rise of far-right extremists opposed to the Voice.Credit: Luis Enrique Ascui

“It is dangerous to those of us in Indigenous communities because of the racism and discrimination it amps up, and I hope to never see another community group be put in danger of right-wing conservatives in a national vote,” they said.

“The racist No campaign is dangerous in so many ways and it has made it OK for neo-Nazis to go out onto the streets of Melbourne – and it’s important for this country to send a message to them by writing Yes in the upcoming referendum.”

Onus Browne is a community organiser for Warriors of the Aboriginal Resistance and made headlines five years ago for telling an Invasion Day rally they hoped Australia would “burn to the ground” – a remark they said was about the need for total change to the political system.

“I agree with much of what the progressive No represents, not the racist No – they are two very different campaigns,” they said.
Meriki Onus, from the Warriors of Aboriginal Resistance, at a press conference in June 2020 with Tarneen Onus Browne.

Meriki Onus, from the Warriors of Aboriginal Resistance, at a press conference in June 2020 with Tarneen Onus Browne. Credit: Justin McManus

Anti-Voice campaigners such as Nyunggai Warren Mundine have rejected claims their campaign appeals to racism in the community after Yes leader Marcia Langton said earlier this month the No case used racist tactics.

Meriki Onus, a Gunnai-Gunditjmara woman and an organiser for the Warriors of the Aboriginal Resistance, said a key factor for her was the way the First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria showed how a federal body could work.

“I agree with much of what the No position is, however, I’m leaning towards voting Yes,” she said.

“We’ve seen an example in Australia where a body similar to the Voice to parliament already functions, and I think that they do really good work and there’s amazing opportunity there. So I would be leaning towards a Yes.”
Related
Australians are heading to the polls for the Voice to parliament referendum.
Series
Voice to parliament
All you need to know about the Voice referendum

The Victorian assembly has 32 members who are elected by Indigenous people to represent their communities, with voters choosing representatives from five regions across the state. Minister for Indigenous Australians Linda Burney joined the assembly members in Melbourne on Thursday morning to back the Voice.

Onus, who is Thorpe’s younger sister, said she agreed with many of the Victorian senator’s views but had her own personal views about the “yes or no” choice at the referendum.

She said she was not concerned at the claim that setting up the Voice would mean ceding sovereignty and her view was not based on any concerns about Dutton or Hanson.

“I don’t think I’ll ever be put in the same camp as those two – my politics are very different,” she said.
Co-founders of UP: Uprising of the People, Mililma May (right) and Sharna Alley.

Co-founders of UP: Uprising of the People, Mililma May (right) and Sharna Alley.Credit: Rhett Wyman

Yes campaigners saw Victoria as a stronghold for their cause until a slide in the opinion polls showed the state was slipping toward the No side, making every vote count and increasing the importance of voters once swayed by Thorpe’s arguments against the change.

In Darwin, chief executive of Uprising of the People, Mililma May said she changed her mind to become an “active educator” on the Yes side of the Voice debate because she was concerned about the way a No victory would be seen in the community.

“The idea of a No vote in the Northern Territory scared me in that it could mean a majority of Australians do not care about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander voices. And that fundamentally felt wrong to me,” she said.
Related Article
SOVEREIGNTY EXPLAINER
Explainer
Voice to parliament
What’s Indigenous sovereignty and can a Voice extinguish it?

May, whose Darwin-based group acts for Indigenous young people in detention, said she had taken a No position at first.

“I was scared that my sovereignty would be impacted. And I was wary of trusting the government after Australia’s history,” she said.

“Moving beyond those fears, I realised that sovereignty can’t be impacted by voting Yes. And I think it’s healthy to have a level of mistrust of the government, but in a way that can make the government accountable.”

While the comments are at odds with Thorpe’s call to Indigenous Australians to reject the Voice, May made no criticism of the Victorian senator.

“I think that Lidia and I have different understandings of what is going to work for our people, and I think that’s valid,” she said.

Thorpe said the Blak Sovereignty movement had grown on social media and she was not changing her position on the Voice. “I’m not going Yes, I’m not betraying the movement,” she said.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Recoome posted:

Thanks for this!

bypasspaywalls-clean is very good, it turns out

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

thanks clive

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Anidav posted:

Coalition frontbencher, Jacinta Nampijinpa Price, says scrutinising gender affirming treatments and protecting the rights of women and girls will be on her “list of priorities” after the Indigenous voice to parliament referendum.

Oh goodie

oh for fucks sakes

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

don't speak is still a good song

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

hooman posted:

Thank god the progressive no won.

fuckin hell man

I don't even have the proper words for this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

so, um, we going to do anything about the housing crisis in this country or what?

those who don't have homes aren't working hard enough, is the official line I believe