Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Hurry up and post the photo you cowards

You want a photo of Perottet as a Nazi? Sure thing, here:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

bell jar posted:

He was the very model of a modern major general
His home is six feet under which befits a former Liberal

:eyepop:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Comstar posted:

Good news for me- out of hospital today. Do not gently caress around with Strep-a. You will find out.

Glad to hear you're out of the hospital and doing better!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

JBP posted:

Assuming that they got rid of the Cooley kid because he seemed to have a skerrick of a brain.

I'm assuming they got rid of him because he looks like he's 45 years old

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

As well as anger at Cardinal Pell, the protesters also voiced outrage at Opposition Leader Peter Dutton’s attendance, amending their chant to “George Pell go to hell, take Dutton there as well”.

:hmmyes:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Paracetemol is great for bringing down kid's fevers, SMG had some recently and Nurofen didn't seem to have much effect.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Human rights, not valid in Queensland

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

bell jar posted:

Can someone google it because I'm too lazy to but I would like to know <:mad:>

"Hey Google, search for 'Konomex's cousins lies'"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

hambeet posted:

the boomers at work are fuming at the idea. it's ace.

All you need to know to vote yes

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Pleasant Friend posted:

China was a fantastic place to live if you're a rich white person, ten years ago, not so much today.

America continues to be fantastic for rich white people, there you go, that's the difference

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Why speculate about Dutton getting rolled? He's deeply unpopular, Lib leader for life please.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Any chances the Robodebt RC recommends charges are brought against these ghouls?

We can only hope. As automated processes get better and more available they will only be used by these shitheads for more cruelty. Coming soon: mutual obligations sentinels

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cartoon posted:

The sheer level of political incompetence required to self wedge your party on what was potentially a complete non-issue really sets Dutton apart. He *shudder* may yet make Scumbo look decent in hindsight.

Impossible, they're still unearthing things Morrison hosed up

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Charlz Guybon posted:

There's got to be more to the story to that?

The hat said "gently caress security", probably a poor choice

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'll just be swearing

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Recoome posted:

I've had a quick scan of some of the budget papers (mostly because I'm keen to understand the impact on psychology) but here's some interesting points I've pulled out:

Taking money out of tertiary education will indirectly effect psychology as well, so good job there

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

go_banana posted:

House prices still go up

Well of course! That would affect supply!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

freebooter posted:

Reading across a bunch of different media I'm surprised how many claim that WA was "closed to the world" or "closed to the rest of Australia" for the entirety of the pandemic. It reopened the state border in December 2020 and remained open in 2021 to the states that didn't have major outbreaks and lockdowns, i.e. every state except NSW, Victoria and the ACT.

I don't know what media you're reading but they sound like shitheads, OP

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

TBH I'm somewhat glad this is coming out and being investigated rather than the pollies shrugging and letting PWC continue running the country for profit.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

hooman posted:

I pray PwC gets absolutely blasted into the ground financially over this, as well as every single company who used them to cheat the laws.

Absolutely agreed. Funnily enough my workplace has had PWC consultants before (not about tax dodging of course) so I’m looking forward to the next time someone suggests it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

quote:

Yesterday a judge ordered Giggle to pay Tickle's legal costs for an earlier hearing and allowed extra time for the case.

...they could've made this clearer

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

While it is difficult to forget that Ben Roberts-Smith is our plaintiff here, it bears repeating as some people may conclude that this evidence doesn't reflect well on him.

It's one of the funniest parts. Just sheer arrogance.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Mysticblade posted:

lol bucky accusing someone of being in the pocket of big oil for thinking his plans are dumb is a new low

Anyway, Albanese apparently showed up to Sky News. At this point, he's not even pretending that he's progressive, is he?

If he were showing up on Offsiders I'd be concerned. Just showing up on Sky News isn't the massive ideological swing going on Fox News in the US would be, Sky is in lots of airports, shops, etc and it's worth trying to reach those viewers.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Eediot Jedi posted:

The poo poo has hit the Van

Expecting 10s of posts of people barrelling in going "Van Badham did what?!"

hooman posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > Auspol 2023 - gently caress off Pauline

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

*runs into thread, completely out of breath*

More like, VANCELED, am I right?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

JBP posted:

but if you use them it's a big "how dare you" from people that have been serviced by a free kick machine for fifty plus years.

But enough about Murdoch

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Freshly imported brainworms

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Comstar posted:

So what was the answer?

Unfortunately it wasn't "get hosed"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Eediot Jedi posted:

lmao at Cash indicating Peter Dutton, after being briefed his department was potentially signing a deal with a corrupt businessman, did............... nothing to make sure that didn't happen.

"You're about to do a deal with a corrupt businessman!"

"Do you know how little that narrows it down?"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It's so bizarre to see Labor acting so craven regarding the media and new taxes but then acting like a big bully to the Greens - who's going to give them positive coverage on this?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Robodog posted:

totally false

the inquiry head gave the report to the australian in full confidence they'll respect an embargo tp keep mum until the ACT govt. was done reading it and released their findings

lol

Oh, this time they'll definitely learn their less- oh wait

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Yeah keeping in mind that the Liberals absolutely did not want a Republic and served up a dogshit option, it's amazing how similarly Labor is doing a bad job on the Yes vote despite being for it.

I was concerned that I had a racist wingnut in my neighbourhood as I found a Yes pamphlet torn up in my front yard but it was just my daughter tearing it up after throwing a tanty

(she's not racist)

(aside from being Australian)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I just want that slimy little worm to go away

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

G-Spot Run posted:

It's a dwindling number by demographics though, ie those owner-voters are dying and not being replaced

Or one home that was owned becomes 3-4 that then get rented

Help to buy is better than letting people dip into their super but it will just continue to inflate the market whereas removing negative gearing would at least go some way to taking over-leveraged people out.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Mola Yam posted:

Anyway I agree, you really can't win with referendum questions. Put too much detail in, like the Republic one, and you split the yes vote. Keep it vague like this one, and people get scared about unknowns.

The Libs deliberately tanked the republic question since old Queen sucker Howard didn't want it, don't forget

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

hooman posted:

I do think they genuinely wanted this to happen and don't think that when this fails it can be attributed to malice from them.

incompetence, then

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Your thoughts I confess
verge on Nazi
so gently caress off Pauliiiine

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Recoome posted:

What we are seeing from the Coalition is nothing more than partisan politics and another grab at winning the culture war. If the Coalition/Dutton was so concerned about First Nations rights, they'd have listened to them while they were in government rather than funding non indigenous organisations over community support because communities aren't their mates from private school

FTFY

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Voting yes baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lil' Johnny Howard said a no vote would also help discourage a republican referendum yesterday so thanks for the Yes boost, Johnny boy