Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Bucky, I believe that the world is round and I also believe that people who don't believe that the world is round need to be educated out of their ignorance, but if a crazed looking hobo with a tinfoil pyramid on his head and encrusted in his own poo poo corners me and launches into a deranged rambling hour-long screed about how the world is in fact round I'm going to tell the oval office to gently caress the gently caress off and it has nothing to do with whether or not I agree with the central concept of what he's trying to communicate or whether I think that others should also be internalizing the information he's spruiking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
The problem with AI is that it doesn't matter if it's actually good enough to do the job: you're still going to be replaced by it because some middle management chucklefuck is either a techbro or is dumb and gullible to the point where their enthusiasm blinds them to the tool's actual capabilities. Exhibit A is that eating disorders helpline that completely got rid of the entire workforce and replaced it with an ai chatbot that promptly started giving people with anorexia diet tips on command.

They'll also use it for making decisions that affect people's lives and livelihoods with minimal/no human oversight

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Gorfob posted:

You mean like some sort of robotic debt collection agency? They could call it RoboDebt!

RoboDebt at its core was not an automation problem and it's whitewashing to suggest that that was the driving issue. RoboDebt worked exactly as intended, its implementation, while computer-aided, reflected its intent, and the cruelty was the point.

What I'm really dreading is the inevitable scenario where legal, medical, and macroeconomic decisions are made by electronic parrots who don't understand context or how to interpret what they're stating with authority without human oversight and it's going to be wild.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

JBP posted:

A single income person should look at a cheaper option in the first place, and the example I gave was a couple with one working part time and one ft. Not everyone is a median income cartoon character, some people earn more than the median.

You're like an Aussie 3olives only somehow more annoying.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
SAS and SQL are also remarkably easy to learn and are broadly used in big data applications. In 2020 I did a few of the online training courses in them when I got a job working on a helpdesk after working in the Centrelink call centre and taught myself more using google search and stack overflow, and now I'm a full time programmer working in a program maintenance team - I'd not touched programming in any capacity before (though having knowledge of excel formulas was a surprisingly good foundation).

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Are you me? I was a DBA in the ATO who left to go to a game developer which is now circling the drain financially.

Dara analytics division at services Australia. Probably going to just stay here until I retire as I hit 10 years in May and that sweet sweet lsl is just too tempting.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Beardcrumb posted:

I know it's not very "democratic", but I've always thought it would be an interesting idea to introduce a voting licence. Nothing crazy or difficult to obtain, just a test showing that you know the basics of how our political and electoral system works, and the ability to see the difference between fact and fiction. Renewed every 10 years.

Would weed out a tonne of these absolute gronks who think we're the 51st state or just blindly believe One Nation/UAP/LNP lies in advertising.

But yeah, bad idea for many other reasons including accessibility. I guess we just have to live with these idiots and hope they don't eventually outnumber everybody else.

If there were a licence to comment on politics I'm fairly sure that suggesting, however obliquely and with however many caveats, that a voting licence is a good idea would be grounds for its immediate revocation due to demonstrating complete ignorance of both history and human nature.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Took a walk in the neighborhood. Nope, nothing wrong with the Adelaide housing market at all.

Distance from one bathroom pipe to another was roughly twice the width of a car.

Went looking online...

Definitely the leftmost one pictured, no gaps between the other ones they're cheek-to-jowl.

Only half a million dollary-doos for a 2-story box sandwiched in amongst 5 identical boxes that as near as I can tell measures 10*3 meters per floor each.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
This special song goes out to all the no voters out there.

https://youtube.com/shorts/MJ3e9EIr3f8?si=RZqaWG4y54AZesWC

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Remember how just after the last election people were crowing about how it'll be years and years before the coalition has another prime minister and the libs are a spent force in politics?

I would genuinely like to know how people's perceptions of this have changed after the current mob's sterling track record of ineffectual governing, stepping on their own dicks, and inability to espouse anything genuinely left of centre.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

P.M. Dutton inbound. :sigh:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

GrandTheftAutism posted:

Some No voters may have failed to foresee the consequences of the No vote, but I'm definitely not one of them.

"I understood that I was voting to harm people."

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Electric Wrigglies posted:

It is pretty historically consistent that the nations last to some progressive development tended to take it the furthest as well. The pent-up push for a development leading it to overtake first mover countries that went with a small steps strategy. The crux being that the pent-up push come from decades or generations of being held back.

"Kick them harder so they'll fight back stronger. I am very intelligent."

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Bucky Fullminster posted:

We've got who made the first q posts and how, which according to the tweet that quote was responding to, which was posted this very day, remains aggressively unanswered.

The rest of it is a synthesis of publicly available sources yes. Still kind of novel though.

Oh and FBIanon/Pizzagate.

e - pretty sure these parts are new as well

The gently caress is this timecube-rear end bullshit?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Yeah that's the weirdness I was talking about. It's honestly been the most bizarre process.

"This thing which does the job of a propaganda campaign is probably a propaganda campaign hey"
"No it's not you idiot, you're being a crazy conspiracist, and who cares anyway, but it's definitely not"
"Ok but look here's all these emails and brochures and meetings and quotes and articles and stuff"
"Shut the gently caress up, You're literally insane."

On the off chance you're not deliberately being disingenuous:

It's not what you're trying to say.

Most people understand, know about, and largely agree with major aspects of what you're trying to say.

However, the way that you say it is incredibly long-winded, garbled and meandering, and your poor communication style coupled with your belligerent refusal to actually appropriately adjust your approach to your audience is so remarkably off-putting that you are actively discouraging engagement with the ideas that you are trying to disseminate.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

The only reason we're talking about this now is that someone said the article "slaps", then a mod swooped in and went to trouble of explicitly barring anyone from sharing it in the appropriate thread. That's not about what I can and can't do anymore, that's about what you can and can't do. Over something that tells you who was behind FBIanon and Qanon. So in the words of Olivia Rodrigo, what the gently caress is up with that.

Be explicit. Are you positing that mods are actively protecting qanon via silencing you?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Breetai posted:

Be explicit. Are you positing that mods are actively protecting qanon via silencing you?

Does being probated allow you to pm people while not being able to post?

If not, lmao at him not having the courage of his conviction to respond in the thread.

Also lmao at his approach that amounts to "I run up to everyone I can see and thrust a 20,000 word essay in their face about the physics of how the sky is blue yet nobody wants to engage with me on the topic. Clearly nobody else is aware of the colour of the sky, and furthermore this lack of engagement and the people asking me to quit it is evidence of a conspiracy to keep people thinking it's not blue."

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Recoome posted:

Why the gently caress do they get to blow away escaping prisoners in the first place? Some real Punisher vibes imho and I hate it.

Hey what else can we do ah jeez these First Nationf issues are a real enigma

Can you be sure he didn't pull the trigger in a progressive manner?

Makes u think.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

birdstrike posted:

top 3 bluey episode

Granny Mobile.
Sleepytime.
Camping.
Cafe.
Flat Pack.

Not even top 5 mate.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Comstar posted:

I dunno. It looks like it has more CGI and worse green screens than the Star Wars Prequels.

Maybe it's going to look better later.

As much as I hate to say it, the trailer has completely poleaxed every single bit of hype I was feeling for the film.

Those cars are ATROCIOUS. what the gently caress, the cars that they actually built for Fury Road were phenomenal and now they're replacing everything with really lovely plastic-looking CG?

Fuuuuck.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

GrandTheftAutism posted:

I'm not going to talk about the referendum any further, you whiny little bitch. You lost, get over it.

Whoomp there it is.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Let's see what the head of the RBA has to say today.

quote:

Ms Bullock had some interesting things to say about central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) in the Q&A portion of her speech.
"A lot of the very useful things that came out of the CBDC trial that we did, and it was quite unusual, it was a pilot, it was a real claim on the Reserve Bank, it wasn't just play money, but one of the things that came out of it was really that some of these wholesale cases and particular cases where central bank digital currency could be used to settle assets - and this is why we're embarking upon this next step of looking at tokenised assets - [is] if you tokenise assets, put them on the ledger, can you use a CBDC to make that a much more efficient process, a much more efficient settlement process, and much safer settlement process?

So, for me, the thing that came out of that particular experiment of all the case studies was that that's a sensible next direction in which to take this."
Smells like blockchain.

She also brought up the concept of getting the consumer to bear additional handling costs with regards to making cash transactions, carefully coaching it in terms of 'we think this would be a difficult sell' but also mentionoing such costs in the same breath as loving 'shrinkage'.

quote:

"Look, it is a good question. And the issue with cash has always been that businesses don't really understand, I think, the costs of cash in their business. They are at the moment, I think, understanding it a bit more, but in the past they haven't really. They have called "shrinkage" as their main cost, which basically means theft, but really, they haven't really internalised, if you like, the costs of processing.

"I think the challenge with cash is that it really does have a big community, public service sort of aura attached to it. If you try to charge people to use cash, they are prepared to pay to get it out of an ATM but if businesses started charging people to use cash, I suspect there would be a very big backlash.

"Having said that, it is also true that as economists, you want people to face the prices of using particular services that reflect the cost of those services.

"So, at the moment I think we're probably in a position where it's very difficult to actually enforce payment for cash, but it is going to end up ‑ what's going to happen and what does happen at the moment is that the costs end up embedded in the costs of the financial institutions that are providing the services, and people don't face them. I think it would be a very big challenge, though, to get people to face the costs of cash."

That'll be a great tax on the poor and unbanked!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Anidav posted:

The only good ism is

Tism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Laserface posted: