Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for November:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Serrath posted:

Sorry to keep this conversation going, people make posts that I feel I can reply to but if the conversation is too industry-specific and narrow, I'm happy to drop it... because this is my field, it's interesting to me and I have a lot of opinions but I always imagine this stuff would be boring to outsiders

:justpost:

I don't have much to contribute on the topic, but it is fascinating to hear an insider perspective on an industry I don't know much about.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for all of 2022:

Bonus hand drawn word cloud that was sent to me by my Auspol Secret Santa:

Urcher fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 11, 2023

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

This brought back way more cosy memories of the year than my Spotify thingo. Thanks Auspol thread; thanks Urcher.

Oops, fixed.

Your welcome.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Cable Guy posted:

Do you generate these yourself or do you source them from somewhere...? You may have answered this question in a previous iteration of the thread, but I'd love to know more. (You can link to a post if you've explained it before)

I wrote some python scripts that scrape the Auspol thread, compare the words from this month to last month, and spit out a list of words and sizes. Then I plug it in to https://www.wordclouds.com/ to make the picture.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Cable Guy posted:

Oh it's just us then...? I thought it might have been media wide. Nice job though.

Thanks.

Auspol is special. It's just us.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

...I can't not see a giant shoe.

Try looking at it upside down

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for February:

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Seeing what Tasmania says in each month's word cloud has been one of life's little highlights these past several years. Appreciate the effort.

:)

I aim to please. Ask I need is for everyone to keep posting words for the word cloud.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

woofbro posted:

Labor made promises to make the IRC independent

This is too little, too late, from Labor. Everyone has moved to Discord.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for March:

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for April:

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

hambeet posted:

Cyclists should be waiting at the lights with everyone else though.

Good chat.

Yes, but a cyclist can wait to go straight from the left lane and would be run over by the truck that is looking right while turning left.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for May:

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for June:

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for August:

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for September:

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Anidav posted:

Missed opportunity to make the cloud in the shape of a bear

That could never work, bears don't have Tasmania

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

HazCat posted:

If you want to read Australian fantasy, read Truck Dogs

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for October:

Thanks Posters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Spookydonut posted:

is having words inside the boundaries of bigger words new?

It's been happening since the very first word cloud, though it's been more obvious in the last year or so since I tweaked everything to make the biggest words bigger.