Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Use Chinese stars to cut the power supply to your local chamber of commerce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
What are we going to call America's version of The Troubles or the Years of Lead?

I'm going with "Fats with Gats."

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Strategic Tea posted:

What I'm not sold on is that the FBI deliberately allows terrorist attacks to occur as a plot to get themselves granted more powers.

I think that's specific enough to need more than a vague line of second best fit plausibility. One of their people has come on national media and all but stated it's because they're stacked with terrorist sympathisers who are dragging their feet.

It's been public, confirmed knowledge for quite some time that the FBI deliberately manufactures terrorists to juke its stats. Whether there's some assistant director in the J Edgar Hoover building wringing his hands and cackling about how this is the capstone in his plot to get a national surveillance camera system set up on every streetcorner, eh, they've probably got a somewhat wordier rationalization to make it sound good. Combine that with a lot of rightwing symp agents who aren't willing to keep as short a leash on their pet neonazis as they might some Islamic theocrat moron they were coaching to blow up a train station and, welp

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Toxic Mental posted:

Don't hurt people. Don't give up and be a defeatist doomer.

Got a nazi anti LGPT thing coming up tomorrow. got the day off anyhow so will be in street medic mode. (not on the baddies side,)

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
tbh I became sort of a defeatist when I protested the police killing someone of my race and they called in the national guard with assault rifles and poo poo lmao. Real "I will fight no more forever" poo poo.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Sophy Wackles posted:

I’m confused OP. You posted an article that literally says the attack wasn’t related to a drag show then called for GBS goons to what, arm themselves and start killing people?

Sorry guys, got lost in the real world for a bit.

No, don't start randomly shooting Proud Boys feet off like some dumbass goon. Just showing up in force to counterprotest, and yes, armed if there's a chance they'll be armed. The odds of anything happening are slim to none because chuds are gigantic pussies and if matched in force will slink away like cowards. Especially when confronted with even a couple of people with firearms of their own.

It's just getting to the point that the chuds are emboldened enough by progressing events that unless steps are taken to protect people, they're going to kill more and more and gloat about it.

And like a complete dumbass, knowing the posts would be deleted, I didn't screen cap them and can't find them now. Facebook searched power plant shooting that night and there were a couple posts saying they knew a guy who did it and all that. Could have been bullshit, too. But chuds are chuds and can't help bragging about their crimes.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

https://youtu.be/kXf2h7NVB_0

Senor P.
Mar 27, 2006
I MUST TELL YOU HOW PEOPLE CARE ABOUT STUFF I DONT AND BE A COMPLETE CUNT ABOUT IT

acejackson42 posted:

No, don't start randomly shooting Proud Boys feet off like some dumbass goon. Just showing up in force to counterprotest, and yes, armed if there's a chance they'll be armed. The odds of anything happening are slim to none because chuds are gigantic pussies and if matched in force will slink away like cowards. Especially when confronted with even a couple of people with firearms of their own.

It's just getting to the point that the chuds are emboldened enough by progressing events that unless steps are taken to protect people, they're going to kill more and more and gloat about it.

And like a complete dumbass, knowing the posts would be deleted, I didn't screen cap them and can't find them now. Facebook searched power plant shooting that night and there were a couple posts saying they knew a guy who did it and all that. Could have been bullshit, too. But chuds are chuds and can't help bragging about their crimes.
No disagreement to counter protesting. No disagreement to people getting their CCW license. Or counter protesting armed, if they've been trained a bit for that.
But... buying a rifle and just showing up armed. Is not a good idea.

Could have articulated the original post better, but it is what it is.

PinheadSlim posted:

My partner is jewish and took a client at work back to their office. As soon as the door was closed the client removed a ring from his hand and placed it on my partners desk facing them, it was a totenkopf. A Nazi deaths head. He said "It's a shame my ancestors didn't finish the job" and made lots of threatening implications. Partners boss said he's too valuable of a client to lose. And what will the police do? Nothing, no crime was committed.
If the two of you can afford it, your partner should seriously consider quitting.
If their boss isn't backing them over something that blatant. Literally no reason to stay there.

Literally the guy straight up threatened to murder your partner.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

quote:

buying a rifle and just showing up armed. Is not a good idea.

Actually, as I have mentioned before in this thread, this is (especially in modern history) a historically good idea. If you really think it's not a good idea, please cite sources where it wasn't a good idea, because quite frankly, you're full of loving poo poo. Please show me all the times when people who showed up armed for protest, who were liberal, were gunned down by police or white supremacist militia, in the last 20 years.

Just like the other goon said, chuds are loving piss-bitch cowards who won't do loving poo poo even if they're 5 v 1, but if they go unopposed they're just going to keep loving kill people.

It's fine if you want to be a stupid coward, but it doesn't mean you should encourage everyone else to be a stupid coward just to make yourself feel better about being a coward. Do you really think "doing loving nothing" is the great and amazing tactic you think it is in the face of fascism?

Like if you seriously think armed counter-protest isn't effective then you have you head entirely up your rear end and have paid zero attention to anything in the last few years surrounding the LGBT community.

Jelly fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 7, 2022

Senor P.
Mar 27, 2006
I MUST TELL YOU HOW PEOPLE CARE ABOUT STUFF I DONT AND BE A COMPLETE CUNT ABOUT IT

Jelly posted:

Actually, as I have mentioned before in this thread, this is (especially in modern history) a historically good idea. If you really think it's not a good idea, please cite sources where it wasn't a good idea, because quite frankly, you're full of loving poo poo. Please show me all the times when people who showed up armed for protest, who were liberal, were gunned down by police or white supremacist militia, in the last 20 years.

Just like the other goon said, chuds are loving piss-bitch cowards who won't do loving poo poo even if they're 5 v 1, but if they go unopposed they're just going to keep loving kill people.

It's fine if you want to be a stupid coward, but it doesn't mean you should encourage everyone else to be a stupid coward just to make yourself feel better about being a coward. Do you really think "doing loving nothing" is the great and amazing tactic you think it is in the face of fascism?
Showing up armed with ZERO firearm training is a stupid idea because there are laws regarding use of force that someone who has NEVER DONE ANY TRAINING may not be aware of.

Literally someone can just buy a gun and show up. And... then what?

If you've had any training, it's a bit different.
If people want to learn more than that, perhaps look into joining one of the John Brown Gun Club or Redbeck Revolt chapters?

But that isn't what you're telling them to do.

Senor P. fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 7, 2022

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

You know I honestly have no loving problems with a bunch of armed liberals with no firearms training.

This is how we get gun control.

I'm backing out of this thread until I chill out a bit.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Senor P. posted:

If the two of you can afford it, your partner should seriously consider quitting.
If their boss isn't backing them over something that blatant. Literally no reason to stay there.

Literally the guy straight up threatened to murder your partner.

We couldn't afford for either of us to lose our jobs even temporarily, it took months to find a new job while ducking into bathrooms and closets just to avoid that guy. It sucked a lot!

My partner is now in a much better line of work, pays twice as much and doesn't let known nazis through the front door. Some of the leadership are even trans. My partner likes to joke that it was the best thing that ever happened to them but it still makes me see red.

PuertoRicanBarber
Nov 26, 2022

Jelly posted:

You know I honestly have no loving problems with a bunch of armed liberals with no firearms training.

This is how we get gun control.

I'm backing out of this thread until I chill out a bit.

You may be surprised to learn this will not lead to gun control

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

PuertoRicanBarber posted:

Yeah the black panthers rolling around armed to the teeth had no effects

hazed glam
Jun 11, 2018
shocked that this thread turned out this way :gas:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

acejackson42 posted:

You may want to contact Facebook in that case. Intentionally causing power outages is some serious poo poo and Facebook can probably check your past activity and link it to deleted posts of theirs. Worth a shot if investigators don’t already have that info.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Can we try to avoid going over the top on personal attacks, especially when you're not actually opposed to one another?

I personally would like to see some small training of people showing up armed to protests, but I am pretty generous as to what I would consider training. For competent people a relatively short video could suffice, I think. I mean, I grew up with guns and feel competent to handle one, so I'm coming from a different place than someone who has never handled a gun or seen them in anything other than a martial setting.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Sophy Wackles posted:

You may want to contact Facebook in that case. Intentionally causing power outages is some serious poo poo and Facebook can probably check your past activity and link it to deleted posts of theirs. Worth a shot if investigators don’t already have that info.

No, that stuff was in the first story I saw about this. It's not confirmed the chuds did in fact do it or anything, but it did happen:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/social-media-theory-persists-north-carolina-power-outage-rcna60236

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Can we try to avoid going over the top on personal attacks, especially when you're not actually opposed to one another?

I personally would like to see some small training of people showing up armed to protests, but I am pretty generous as to what I would consider training. For competent people a relatively short video could suffice, I think. I mean, I grew up with guns and feel competent to handle one, so I'm coming from a different place than someone who has never handled a gun or seen them in anything other than a martial setting.

I saw the matrix 15 times in theaters so I'm ready too

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
It sounds like the simple solution is to stop giving guns to everybody, like a civilised country.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
They don't give you guns, you gotta buy em!

hey, lookit that: substation attacks elsewhere in late november
https://www.koin.com/news/oregon/memo-oregon-washington-substations-intentionally-attacked/

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Vim Fuego posted:

I saw the matrix 15 times in theaters so I'm ready too

This guy gets it.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

please don't compare normal people to cspam

ArbitraryC posted:

Vote harder in 2 years you’ll get em next time champ.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:thunk:

seriously, who shot the power stations

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Vim Fuego posted:

They don't give you guns, you gotta buy em!

hey, lookit that: substation attacks elsewhere in late november
https://www.koin.com/news/oregon/memo-oregon-washington-substations-intentionally-attacked/

Okay, that's getting really creepy. Earlier today I saw a story referencing similar attacks in California:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/attacks-plots-similar-north-carolina-power-grid-attack/story?id=94574765

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
I thought that was old news? God, a lot has been happening in 2020.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

:thunk:

seriously, who shot the power stations

Colonel Mustard, in the kitchen, with the gun.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Perennially late to the party that I am, I don't think anyone was directly advocating showing up untrained-but-strapped to any protest?

As long as you yanks have this hosed-up gun culture, marginalized people may as well use the law to protect themselves. I'm an advocate of most gun control measures, but I can't in good conscience find an argument against that. The recent images of LGBTQ+ advocates and allies standing firm using measures that are legally afforded to them - and decidedly defeating of the CHUDs who would do the same - are empowering. In a just world none of this would be necessary.

Please train if you're going to strap though, for god's sake.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
lol america is wildin

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Kyle Rittenhouse is your new national hero.

Better get used to it, and not be someone he might want to shoot i guess :mmmhmm:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

flubber nuts posted:

the only way to change law enforcement is from within. we just all have to become cops.

I call Colombo

You can be Sipowicz

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I was taught how guns work at a young age to kill prarie dogs. Decided right then and there I could never use one again, especially against a person

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

My additions to this thread yesterday were idiocy and I regret them.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Apparently Duke fixed it.

https://apnews.com/article/shootings-vandalism-north-carolina-ffdea2db1979ba952d87d73fb1db4a68

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I bet they're angrily putting in expedite production orders for the replacement stock on a bunch of spares they just used as we speak

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

PuertoRicanBarber posted:

You may be surprised it has historically. California is the example that jumps to mind.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

the gun problem is not changing in america as long as there are right wing people. It is getting to the point that we need to defend the marginalized. I really hate to say it but we cannot rely on police to do what they are supposed to do.

I honestly don't even think most people would need guns to show up to these events to shout down these assholes. I think you would only need a few people openly carrying and an overwhelming number of supporters to show these rightwing people that what they are doing is no longer welcome in our neighborhoods.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Jelly posted:

uh people carrying firearms into crowded and emotionally-charged environments with little/no proper training in how to handle the weaponry they have nor the situation they are in is an extremely bad idea

if someone's going to be carrying a gun in a crowded area, they have an obligation to everyone nearby that they're trained to handle a gun safely and properly in crowded areas.
if multiple people are going to be carrying, they need the same and to be coordinated, in communication with each other and to have established plans, if not practiced responses for situations that might occur. at the absolute minimum.

anything less is only ever going to create a more dangerous situation no matter what the situation is at all

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019
Getting big CDC "Nooooo!! Don't wear an N95 you don't know how to wear it right!! You'll make the corona WORSE!!!!" vibes.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Not panicking when your life is literally under threat and shooting your own guys or random bystanders seems pretty important, and a cut above being able to reload your hunting rifle without killing yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
what are we talking about wrt firearms training here. afaik when you train to use a firearm you're practicing shooting things (presumably simulated people/animals) right? like you're not just training to use a firearm and bringing it with you and your group (squad? platoon?) to an armed protest just to brandish it around