Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

You should be able to watch it here

That's right folks, the premier lucharesu promotion are back at Korakuen Hall with a big title match, a rookie debut & some good ol' fun wrestling along the way, & it is all live & free on the Dragongate Network, no sign up required. So take this as a chance to check them out & see why this is the second largest wrestling promotion in Japan.

Timezone poo poo
Tokyo, Japan: 6:30pm
Sydney, Australia: 8:30pm
London, UK: 9:30am
New York City, USA: 4:30am
Los Angeles, USA: 1:30am

So if you're in the UK it's perfect to watch over your breakfast, if you're in the east coast you can wake up a little early to catch it, & if you're on the west coast then hell, you can have a late night, treat yourself. I have absolutely no idea if this show will be available for free on VOD or if it is just live. The Dragongate Network works in mysterious ways.

quote:

1. Dragon Dia & Kaito Nagano vs Z-Brats (Diamante & ISHIN)
2. Madoka Kikuta vs Yoshiki Kato
3. M3K (Mochizuki Jr, Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda) vs Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei, Kzy & Strong Machine J)
4. Don Fujii, Genki Horiguchi, Shachihoko BOY & Ultimo Dragon vs Ho Ho Lun, Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu & Jason Lee) & Punch Tominaga
5. Eita, Naruki Doi & Shuji Kondo vs GOLD CLASS (Ben-K, Kota Minoura & Minorita)
6. HIGH-END (Dragon Kid & YAMATO), Problem Dragon & Takashi Yoshida vs Z-Brats (BxB Hulk, HYO, KAI & Shun Skywalker)
7. Open The Dream Gate Title: Yuki Yoshioka(c) vs Masaaki Mochizuki

Want to know what is what? That's handy, Voices of Wrestling have a primer up where Case Lowe briefly breaks down the matches on the show.

What I will say of my own is that the main event has Match of the Year potential, Yoshioka is having a hell of a 12 months since turning face & unmasking as Dia Inferno. Right now he's running through previous Dream Gate Title holders, his previous successful defence coming against YAMATO, & now he faces the best seemingly ageless Masaaki Mochizuki. Mochizuki has been a 3 time Dream Gate holder, only bettered by Masato Yoshino, Shingo Takagi & YAMATO (4, 4 & 5 respectively), & on top of that he has the 2nd most days in company history as Champion, behind just CIMA. He has been in some of the best matches in Dragon System history. This year he has been spending time with his reunited old group M2K, only now it's M3K because Mochizuki's son has been added to the mix. Anyway, Mochizuki & Yoshioka have history together in the Mochizuki Dojo unit, where Mochi took a bunch of younger wrestlers under his wing. That's Yoshioka, Dream Gate champ, Minoura, ex Dream Gate champ, Shun Skywalker, ex Dream Gate Champ, Hyo Watanabe, current Brave Gate champ, & Keisuke Okuda who...well who quit the company to go be a can in MMA, they can't all be hits. (And lest you think I'm being uncharitable, he's 0-5 in MMA. His last 3 opponents had a combined record of 1-1. Yeah, 2 guys with 1 fight, 1 with 0). So it's got great wrestlers, title on the line, history between them, it'll be a fab match.

The other match to single out is the opener. Dragon Dia is a spectacularly smooth high flyer, Kaito Nagano is a rookie who has come hot out of the gates & looks to be an exciting high-flyer himself, Diamante is one of the 2 or 3 best bases for flyers working right now (it's him & Claudio, as Case says in his preview) & ISHIN is a second generation wrestler who has been going for about a year now & only turned heel relatively recently but has fit into Z-Brats well. Dragongate normally stream the opener on Youtube & that usually means they put talented wrestlers in that spot, & often the opener ends up being the most exciting thing on a show because of that. You don't want to miss itt.

So come watch this. It'll be a lot of fun. Commentary is from Jae, almost certainly the most knowledgeable English speaking Dragongate fan out there, & Ho Ho Lun who you may remember from WWE's Cruiserweight Classic. And when Ho Ho is wrestling, we may get a special guest (often it's Genki Horiguchi, but he's in that match. I hope it's Takashi Yoshida) to fill in the second seat.

https://twitter.com/_InYourCase/status/1599581541826322433?s=20&t=A-TmOjeSrlvQ0628uP69Cg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i've been watching wrestling for like nearly a decade now and i've still somehow never seen a dragon gate show

some day maybe they should run a show at 11:30am local time and i finally will, because i am not staying up until 4:30 in the morning. why has only cyberfight figured this out!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Nothing else running tonight, may as well watch this instead of something from my backlog.

The theme they've got running over this VTR is nice

e: Not a fan of Ho Ho breathing into the mic loudly though

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Nothing else running tonight, may as well watch this instead of something from my backlog.

The theme they've got running over this VTR is nice

e: Not a fan of Ho Ho breathing into the mic loudly though

Dragongate really do good music

I still love that ripping RED song

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It slays me that HIGH-END are such a failed group they have to team with Mondai Ryu & Takashi Yoshida. (I like Yoshida but still)

I'm looking forward to seeing Doi having to face his own creation, Minorita. That'll be fun

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
The most important thing to know about the roster is that Mondai Ryu's nickname is also Problem Dragon, so he is announced as "Mondai Ryu" Mondai Ryu.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That child in the audience has the wrong type of mask on

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Have to say that this does not look like a great turnout in Korakuen, considering they've consistently done about 1,100 in Korakuen of late.

The Z-Brats theme doesn't shred quite as much as REDs but it is still pretty cool

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Aw, no evil BxB Hulk cackle.

"AAAA KA KA KA KA KAAAAA"

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

So Yoshida and Ryu are still friends from the Mad Blankey/Verserk days, but now they're good guys?

forkboy84 posted:

Have to say that this does not look like a great turnout in Korakuen, considering they've consistently done about 1,100 in Korakuen of late.

The Z-Brats theme doesn't shred quite as much as REDs but it is still pretty cool

I assumed it was capped for cheering, but guess not

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Dragon Dia looks like he could be Masato Yoshino's son

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

SG Bamboo posted:

So Yoshida and Ryu are still friends from the Mad Blankey/Verserk days, but now they're good guys?

They're usually the lowest ranking guys in heel units, but this year they've both been among the few independents on the roster, which doesn't typically have an alignment.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Dragon Dia looks like he could be Masato Yoshino's son

It's so weird someone that good looking was under a mask. But then Dr Wagner Jr...

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bonk posted:

They're usually the lowest ranking guys in heel units, but this year they've both been among the few independents on the roster, which doesn't typically have an alignment.

Ah, so High-End are really scraping the bottom of the barrel to make up numbers

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

It's so weird someone that good looking was under a mask.

I'm familiar with El Desperado yes

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Well yeah, it's been a disaster. Keisuke Okuda left/got fired to go be an MMA jobber (probably only hired as Ultimo is his uncle), Ben-K quit to go salvage GOLD CLASS, and Kagetora is out injured.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

SG Bamboo posted:

Yeah, exactly. They lost everyone else due to injury, betrayal, or leaving the company, but Yoshida & Mondai are from the same dojo class generation as YAMATO so he accepted the help.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If nothing else this show is a success if people get to see how good Diamante is

Look at that loving dude just bump around and make the flyers look incredible

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
God I love that move.

Nagano is really going to be something special.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Holy poo poo the height on that chokslam escape

e: and also the finisher :stare:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dia's smoothness really is jaw dropping at times

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Diamante is another fun story. He came to DG with Ultimo and was Ultimo's dance partner and then he stayed in Japan with the pandemic and turned out to be amazing

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Reminder that Nagano has only been wrestling since August.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Kato got him some Shingo Takagi longboys.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

gently caress me this kid is ripped. His head looks a bit too small for his body though

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I like Kikuta's look

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Time for some BEEF

And in Kikuta's case, CAKE

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I was watching a bit of the NOAH/DG show from last month earlier and I gotta say: Shun & Tadasuke were an entertaining team

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Can't get him up he's too bottom heavy

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Kikuta is the real rear end Boy.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cool debut, liked that more than the opener

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Can't get him up he's too bottom heavy

He has got a big bum.

My favourite DG running bit on commentary is Jae dumping on Punch Tominaga.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Time to dance, y'all :dance:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Big man got some moves

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Love my boys that dance. That break dancing robot J

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Coming out on Razor scooters, effortlessly cool

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
This card is really focused on showcasing the 2022 class so far. Nagano in the opener, Kato's debut, now Junior.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I can't believe we'll never get awkward reluctant dancing from Susumu again :(

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

JFK has a lovely dropkick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013