Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
these portugal fellows could be tournament dark horses imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
6 goals and Ronny gets 0 (zero)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Hmm the Iberian peninsula is being rearranged as we speak

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

go morocco

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
ok let me just take a look at the matches for tomorrow now

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

a real chump posted:

6 goals and Ronny gets 0 (zero)

the only good news of the evening (and Morocco qualifying of course)

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Bourricot posted:

the only good news of the evening

this so much

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
lmao ronaldo sulking off the field instead of celebrating with the team in front of the fans

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
they'll be playing sad fado songs and looking melancholic in the streets of lisbon tonight

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

webmeister posted:

lmao ronaldo sulking off the field instead of celebrating with the team in front of the fans

god he's such a loving brat, cant wait to never see him at these loving things

drown in your billions fuckwad and pay off more girls you raped

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

vyelkin posted:

ronaldo will start tomorrow

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Portugal without a poo poo old man up front are quite good

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

vyelkin posted:

this cartoon

but it's me checking the fixture list

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

good I was boycotting this world cup anyway

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

poty posted:

they'll be playing sad fado songs and looking melancholic in the streets of lisbon tonight

If there is one thing that makes Portuguese people happy, it's winning at football or its variants.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

webmeister posted:

hes a huge piece of poo poo op

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1600228676645359644

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

Yeah, but are you the best in the world at your job?

lol obviously there's a generous amount of salt in my post and the world is unfair and blabla boohoo but you just reminded me of that key and peele sketch about teachers being treated the same way as pro athletes so lmao thanks seeing that again gave me a giggle

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Taeke posted:

lol obviously there's a generous amount of salt in my post and the world is unfair and blabla boohoo but you just reminded me of that key and peele sketch about teachers being treated the same way as pro athletes so lmao thanks seeing that again gave me a giggle

Exploitation is a relative thing and actually folx like Ronaldo are much more exploited than teachers

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Rated PG-34 posted:

Exploitation is a relative thing and actually folx like Ronaldo are much more exploited than teachers

what about stadium builders?

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

what about stadium builders?

Sure why not. We should all feel bad for Ronaldo and his ilk is what I’m getting at.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

There's no world cup football tomorrow wtf

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
Imagine an Argentina Vs Portugal final and Ronaldo doesn't get put on

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
https://twitter.com/CursedFootball/status/1600242002804678656?t=XGBnWVrz9J2afyeRr7L5qg&s=19

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Huge Albanian L

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Brigadier Sockface posted:

Imagine an Argentina Vs Portugal final and Ronaldo doesn't get put on

How about instead Messi scores a hat trick in the final and Ronaldo gets to watch from England Portugal Saudi Arabia because Portugal got bounced by Morocco?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

whypick1 posted:

How about instead Messi scores a hat trick in the final and Ronaldo gets to watch from England Portugal Saudi Arabia because Portugal got bounced by Morocco?

:flashfap:

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Rated PG-34 posted:

:can: lmao

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

How about neither make it past the quarters?

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

it's a purely mathematical equation of salary / profits generated and ronaldo's cut of the pie is much smaller than the huge profits he generates for the owners of the sport and such.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

my point is that people who get all riled up about footballer salaries are missing the forest for the trees, i.e. the owner class who are taking the real lion share of profits

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rated PG-34 posted:

my point is that people who get all riled up about footballer salaries are missing the forest for the trees, i.e. the owner class who are taking the real lion share of profits

Nobody put a gun to his head and forced him to sign the contract. If he felt exploited, he could always take up welding or something and live like a normal person.

The owner class taking the lion's share of the profits is how pretty much every business operates, everywhere.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Deteriorata posted:

The owner class taking the lion's share of the profits is how pretty much every business operates, everywhere.

wow you might be on to something

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The real enemy is the agent class.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i almost bought a wood once.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Deteriorata posted:

Nobody put a gun to his head and forced him to sign the contract. If he felt exploited, he could always take up welding or something and live like a normal person.

In awe of this poster's brain, incredible stuff

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
please don't make me feel bad about ronald's humanity, just let me keep posting about him being a large babyman

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

goatface posted:

The real enemy is the agent class.

After playing a lot of Football Manager I am nodding in agreement at this post

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

whypick1 posted:

This is my pick of the next round fwiw. Portugal were good today but don't overlook just how fuckin poo poo the Swiss were. They looked like every Steve Bruce team that ever came to Old Trafford 10-15 years ago, rolling over and having their tummies tickled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Undefeated teams after the group stage:
Netherlands
England
USA
Morocco