Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

aew will put on a sixth ppv that will inexplicably be held in chicago, it will do 115k buys

the uk dynamite will not be a sell out but will be a critically acclaimed card.

mjf will lose the world title at winter is coming 2023

aew will have their deal with wmd renewed but it won't be for a whole lot more than the current deal

nigel mcguinness will appear on the first episode of the new ring of honor series

bryan danielson vs samoa joe will happen on a show

sting will have his retirement match against darby allin

roman reigns will defeat dwayne johnson at wrestlemania

mjf will do cross promotion with dana whites slap league

the xfl will successfully have their season from start to finish and not go under.

the second roh ppv of 2023 will be headlined by a tag title match and draw okay, like between 1500 and 4000.

britt baker will defeat jade cargill for the tbs title and goon reactions will definitely be something to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

AND KATSUYORI SHIBATA WILL BEAT KENTA'S rear end!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JOHN CENA posted:

britt baker will defeat jade cargill for the tbs title

:chloe:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

katsuyori shibata will defeat jade cargill for the tbs title and goon reactions will definitely be something to see

:hmmyes:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It's absurd to think that the living spirit of violence, physicality and Strong Style would be reduced to having a match with Katsuyori Shibata.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Akira Tozawa ends 2023 with a Dragon Gate title

If I predict it every year I will eventually be right

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Sasha Banks is signed by AEW and is women’s champ before 2024

Kylie Rae appears in the Royal Rumble

Roman loses at least one of his two titles to Cody

ROH drops at least one title (or merges it with another)

Austin has another mania match that is less well received than his Owens match

Rampage gets a new timeslot

CM Punk returns and puts over MJF before Kingston wins the big plat at Grand Slam

Betting on these title holders sometime in ‘23

All Atlantic Champion Konosuke Takeshita
AEW Champion Eddie Kingston
AEW Trios Champions Best Friends
ROH Pure Champ Lee Moriarty
TBS Champ Willow Nightingale

Nyla Rose either gets an intergender match with Sepentico or at least gets to Beast Bomb him (partial credit)

AEW does a Toronto pape

Dacap fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 29, 2022

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

alrighty then.

81% right last year. I don't see that number decreasing for a fourth year in a row. If it does, oh well, good for me I guess. As history has proven, however, I am pretty poo poo at this. Preferably I'd like to get 99% of these wrong.

gently caress it though. One more year, then I'll see if I enjoy this enough to keep going.

By this time next year (December 13th 2023), the following will be the champions and tournament winners of these major companies:

WWE:

WWE Champion: Cody Rhodes
Universal Champion: Roman Reigns
Intercontinental Champion: Ricochet
US Champion: Bron Breakker
Raw Tag Team Champions: The Creed Brothers
Smackdown Tag Team Champions: The Usos
Raw Women's Champion: Asuka
Smackdown Women's Champion: Liv Morgan
Women's Tag Team Champions: Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch
NXT Champion: Dragon Lee
NXT NA Champion: Charlie Dempsey
NXT Tag Team Champions: Christ alive, idk, uhhhh Damon Kemp and Roddy Strong
NXT Women's Champion: looks like Kylie Rae's new name is Briana Ray, so let's go with her
NXT Women's Tag Team Champions: uhhh Sol Ruca and Fallon Henley

and now, three titles that don't yet exist and, God help us, are probably going to exist this time next year:
NXT Europe Champion: Ilja Dragunov
NXT Europe Women's Champion: trying to think of a wrestler on the continent that's likely to jump to the Fed. Let's say Aliss Ink.
NXT Europe Tag Team Champions: likewise, I have no idea really. gently caress it, Michael Oku and Connor Mills.

Royal Rumble winner: Cody Rhodes
Women's Royal Rumble winner: Charlotte Flair
Money In The Bank winner: Gunther
Women's Money In The Bank winner: Bianca Belair

AEW:

AEW Champion: Ricky Starks
AEW TNT Champion: Danhausen
AEW TBS Champion: Kris Statlander
AEW All-Atlantic Champion: Darby Allin
FTW Champion: Daniel Garcia
AEW Women's Champion: Jade Cargill
AEW Tag Team Champions: Orange Cassidy and Tomohiro Ishii
AEW 6-Man Champions: gently caress it, Chris Jericho, Matt Menard, and Angelo Parker

ROH:

ROH World Champion: Bandido
ROH Pure Champion: Lee Moriarty
ROH Women's World Champion: Willow Nightingale
ROH World Tag Team Champions: Juice Robinson and uhhh Anthony Henry
ROH World 6-Man Champions: Jay Lethal, Jeff Jarrett, and Satnam Singh

NJPW:

IWGP World Heavyweight Champion: Shota Umino
IWGP United States Champion: Bryan Danielson
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion: Francesco Akira
IWGP Tag Team Champions: Aussie Open
IWGP KOPW Champion: Zack Sabre Jr.
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions: BUSHI and Titán
IWGP Women's Champion: Syuri
IWGP TV Champion: Hiroshi Tanahashi
NEVER Openweight Champion: Ren Narita
Strong Openweight Champion: Blake Christian
NEVER 6-Man Champions: Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, and Hiromu Takahashi

New Japan Cup winner: Kazuchika Okada
Best of the Super Juniors winner: Robbie Eagles
G1 Climax winner: Jay White
(Will he hold it to the Tokyo Dome?: Yes)
Super Junior Tag League winners: Christ, idk. Lio Rush and YOH are in the finals this year, so let's say them again, why tf not
World Tag League winners: Aussie Open

AJPW:

Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion: Yuma Aoyagi
World Tag Team Champions: Kento Miyahara and Takuya Nomura
World Junior Heavyweight Champion: Dan Tamura
All Asia Tag Team Champions: blurghhhhhhh idgaf Jun Saito and Rei Saito
Gaora TV Champion: Toru Yano
AJPW TV 6-Man Tag Team Champions: *spins one more wheel* Black Menso-re, Kuma Arashi, and Atsuki Aoyagi

Champion Carnival winner: Naoya Nomura
Jr. Battle of Glory winner: Rising HAYATO
Royal Road Tournament winner: Yuma Aoyagi
World's Strongest Tag Determination League winners: Ryuki Honda and Shotaro Ashino

NOAH:

GHC Heavyweight Champion: Yoshiki Inamura
GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion: Hajime Ohara
GHC National Champion: Hideki Suzuki
GHC Tag Team Champions: Kaito Kiyomiya and Kenoh
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions: Ninja Mack and Extreme Tiger

N1 Victory Winner: Yoshiki Inamura

additionally:

-Vince probably won't be dead, even if he isn't running the company
-NXT Europe will be loving atrocious, but it will not completely kill the continent by this time next year (because their talent will still be able to take outside bookings for now lmao)
-CM Punk will wrestle in the next year
-there will be one big defection from NJPW to WWE, despite KUSHIDA's efforts to make them stay or at least go to AEW
-on that note, Konosuke Takeshita will probably wrestle someone from NJPW in AEW in the next year lmao

Venomous fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 31, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jack Morris has been booked as a Heavyweight from day 1 so I'd be pretty shocked at that.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Jack Morris has been booked as a Heavyweight from day 1 so I'd be pretty shocked at that.

oh, you're right, I knew this and for some reason my brain still thinks of him as a junior

okay, changing it

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Oh sweet someone knows Aliss Ink! She’s pretty cool and good in the ring too, she’s been to Finland a couple of times.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Let me try some predictions:

WWE:

- Cody Rhodes wins the Rumble and beats Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania
- Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens beat the Usos for the tag team titles at some point.
- The Rock will actually appear at Wrestlemania! However, he'll just cut a promo and Rock Bottom LA Knight or somebody.
- Vince McMahon doesn't come back despite the recent humors, however...
- The WWE looks like they're finally getting fans to react to longer, better wrestling matches. Booking and storylines are still quite weird, though. Things seem to be steady for awhile until back to back to back scandals happen:
- It's revealed that Vince McMahon has some storyline and booking influence, but in exchange is allowing HHH to have longer matches
- Drake Wuertz is quietly rehired at some point, but is on a short leash, and keeps his head down and stays out of trouble, for now.
- Soon after Nikkita Lyons' call up, she botches and injures someone, then goes on a racist rant on Twitter. She is fired and ends up in XPW.
- The above three lead to lower ratings and attendance for the rest of the year.
- A bunch of call ups happen throughout the year. Out of those, Bron Breakker and Grayson Waller make strides and appear to be the best of the bunch. Pretty Deadly do well and end up starting a feud with Owens and Zayn.
- Lyons, Akira Tozawa, Dana Brooke, Mustafa Ali are the highest profile releases. It's mostly NXT wrestlers that get released in 2023. Thunder Rosa is brought in to feud with Becky Lynch.
- HHH wants to cut RAW to two hours, and use the third hour as a flashback/retro-style show. USA refuses.

AEW:

- Hangman Page beats MJF for the World Title, then MJF regains the title a couple months later. Eddie Kingston moves into the World Title scene, and him and MJF feud before the end of the year.
- Thunder Rosa and Miro leave. As said above, Rosa heads to WWE, but Miro goes to NJPW. Akira Tozawa and Mustafa Ali sign and thrive.
- Young Bucks and Kenny Omega continue to set the bar.
- Mick Foley makes a couple of appearances to fire up John Moxley, as Moxley is on the outside looking in at the World Title scene.
- FTR stay the whole year and beat the Acclaimed for the World Tag Team titles. They have the match of the year with the Young Bucks and the Lucha Bros, Meltz goes 6*.
- Ratings and attendance continue to climb, especially after WWE's troubles late in the year. They get a nice new deal to continue showing on TBS and TNT.
- AEW and WWE have a big bidding war for Maki Itoh. In the end, despite WWE throwing tons of money in her direction, she ends up being All Elite. She decided on AEW because they would let her use curse words on TV.

Misc:

- EC3 bets Tyrus for the NWA World Title. They feud throughout the year.
- Elon Musk tries to start up his own wrestling promotion to try to capitalize on AEW's momentum.
- Surprisingly, Meltzer only awards five matches 5 stars or higher. One match will leave everyone scratching their heads because it'd be between two wrestlers no one expects.
- CM Punk doesn't wrestle.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 13, 2022

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I hopepredict that Ethan Page will win an AEW belt sometime in 2023.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WWE

Vince will return to run the company
The Rock won't wrestle at Wrestlemania
Cody will end up with the US Title instead of the World Title
Bray Wyatt will wrestle less than 5 TV / PLE matches
The company will do at least one big release of multiple talent

AEW

Mercedes Mone' will debut
Kota Ibushi will debut
CM Punk will return
Ricky Starks will beat MJF at Winter is Coming for the title
Forbidden Door 2
FTR will resign

Impact

Bully Ray will become world champion

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
ROH

1. No titles will change hands until their next PPV and Samoa Joe will be the one to drop a title
2. Nigel McGuiness will return to ROH and be used as a commentator
3. Brian Zane will return as a backstage interviewer for ROH
4. Honor Club will struggle to maintain subscribers on its own and the services it provided will eventually be offered on HBO Max.
5. Jonathan Gresham will return to ROH and challenge for the World title again in a losing effort.
6. The IWGP champion Jay White will appear and try to bring a Bullet Club presence back to ROH

AEW

1. MJF will make it to Double or Nothing before losing the title. If I had to chose to who it would be Danielson in a rematch with stakes being the Dragon wins or he has to retire for good
2. Eddie Kingston will become a Champion by years end. Again, if I had to call which one it would be All Atlantic
3. Shelton Benjamin will become All Elite and have a short but surprisingly fun run for a year
4. Dustin Rhodes will pull a Funk and not actually retire despite promises to do so this year.
5. Jade Cargill will lose at Revolution to a surprise returning Statlander.
6. Forbidden Door 2 will be featured in Japan making it the first AEW event in that country
7. AEW’s backlog of programming will start to appear on HBO Max.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jerusalem posted:

- Taichi takes over Suzuki-Gun as their new leader, but it keeps the name and Suzuki remains a member, but now in a more background role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wol70cBLNd8

Didn't even make it a full week before my predictions started blowing up in my face :cripes:

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
A New Japan contracted wrestler will win the All Atlantic Title
The Golden Lovers will wrestle together
A major entainment corporation will buy a stake in WWE
Will Ospreay will have a AEW title match
Will Ospreay wins the G-1
At least 2 AEW contracted wrestlers enter the G-1
Eddie Kingston will win the AEW World Championship
Vince McMahon will make an appearance at Wrestlemania
WWE will have a "firing purge" of at least 8 wrestlers who appeared on TV being released within 72 hours of each other

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
There will be a blade job on a wwe Premium Live Event.

Arn Anderson will appear on a wwe show.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

- Cody Rhodes will be released before Wrestlemania
- Bray Wyatt will be released after Wrestlemania
- Mercedes Moné will be a bigger ratings spike for AEW than CM Punk
- At least one Sasha Banks WWE stan will be arrested for stalking or harassment or whatever because their queen betrayed the fed
- CM Punk will return to team up with FTR against The Elite, will get injured again
- Jim Ross will retire from commentary
- TNT champion Konosuke Takeshita
- Jamie Hayter will keep the belt all year
- Vince McMahon will return
- reDragon will return to NXT and bring the Danzig ripoff song with them, they’ll have a brief run and then disappear
- Adam Cole will retire to his house husband dream life of playing video games all day while Britt fixes teeth and wrestles

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

MJF will have multiple defenses over Bryan, Wardlow, an NJPW competitor and others before losing to Eddie Kingston. This will drive him insane.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It’s the last few days of got dang 2022, get your predictions in or edit yøur already posted ones

poo poo I need to come up with something too I guess

bartok
May 10, 2006

Willow Nightingale will be the one to beat Athena for the ROH Women's Championship
One or both members of Top Flight will be a part of The Best of Super Juniors and have a match for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight tag titles at Forbidden Door 2.
House of Black win the Trios Title
Cody Rhodes wins the Rumble but loses at Mania to Roman who remains champion for another year with less than 5 title defenses.
Bryan Danielson finally gets to compete in the G1

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
AAA will bring in AEW talent to all their major PPVs and it will have no build and pan out to nothing.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
AEW

Adam Page reunites with the Elite
FTR will stay in AEW, but won't win AEW/ROH gold all year
Jade Cargill's streak will end to somebody other than Kris Statlander
Kenny Omega will not win a singles title all year
Miro will leave AEW
MJF will hold the World title all year, getting the record for longest AEW World title reign in the process
Samoa Joe will leave AEW
Stu Grayson will return to AEW
The wrestler known as Sasha Banks will debut in AEW
Wardlow will main event a PPV

NJPW

Bryan Danielson will wrestle a match in Japan, but not in the G1
Hiroshi Tanahashi will finish in the bottom half of his G1 block
Kazuchika Okada will win the IWGP title at WK, lose it before G1
Kenny Omega will wrestle more than one match in Japan, but not in the G1
Nobody from AEW who hasn't worked for NJPW before will appear in the G1
SANADA will win the New Japan Cup
Tetsuya Naito will win the G1 Climax
The wrestler known as Sasha Banks will win the IWGP Women's Championship
Will Ospreay will end the year as IWGP champion
Zack Sabre Jr will win an NJPW singles title (besides the Television title)

WWE

Bron Breakker will stay in NXT all year
Chad Gable will leave WWE
Charlotte Flair will beat Bianca Belair
CM Punk will return to WWE
Cody Rhodes will NOT win the Royal Rumble, but will win a World title
Mustafa Ali will leave WWE
Roman Reigns will drop the titles, but get at least one world title back before the end of the year
Sasha Banks will return to WWE (yes, I believe she will be in all three companies next year)
The Rock will wrestle more matches than John Cena
Top Dolla will be released

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’m going to add one more - Bad Bunny will wrestle at Wrestlemania, and will hold WWE gold in 2023.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

WWE will buy AAA, rebrand it "NXT AAA", then shut it down entirely.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

MJF will drop the title to Darby Allin

Hangman Page will turn heel

FTR won't win the AEW tag belts

Ricky Starks and Sasha Banks will win The Owen

John Cena will make an AEW appearance

Forbidden Door 2 will break the curse and all matches will go on as planned

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It is almost The Year 2023, it’s time to post your predictions if you haven’t yet! I’ll edit everyone’s predictions into the first couple of posts sometime on Sunday or Monday.

I need to come up with something as well, uhhhhh

WWE
- Bray Wyatt will be released again after not having wrestled more than ten matches on TV/PPV, his run being widely regarded as some of the worst garbage ever. Bo Dallas however will end up having a career revival
- The Rock will make exactly one in-the-flesh appearance on WWE programming
- Cody Rhodes will finally win The Big One and he’ll cut a bizarre but extremely entertaining promo about it on RAW/SD. He will mention his dad no less than half a dozen times and have tears in his eyes most of the way through
- After losing the title, Roman Reigns takes a break but ends up wrestling more matches on TV (not PPV) in 2023 than he did in 2022
- NXT Japan/Europe etc. will not be launched next year. NXT will get yet another makeover in an attempt to steer it in a direction that doesn’t suck rear end. Shawn Michaels will still beNXT boss by the end of the year but there will be rumors either he or HHH is unhappy with the situation
- Sami Zayn will be tag champions with Kevin Owens but by the end of the year the team will have once again imploded due to Kevin Owens being Kevin Owens
- CM Punk won’t return to pro wrestling next year but he’ll sign a WWE contract for 2024

NJPW
- Omega vs Ospreay will be a contender for the best match of all time despite the usual crowd of poopooers
- G1 will have more non-NJPW talent than ever before and several of the old mainstays not taking part. It will be the first G1 for 20% of the participants
- NJPW will finally have their baseball stadium show with real cheering crowds and it will be a big ol success
- NJPW will do big shows in both the US and UK

AEW
- Rampage’s timeslot will finally be changed to something far more agreeable, which also prompts Tony Khan to book it as a more important show. Its viewership will improve but only slightly
- One of AEW’s championships will be scrapped
- MJF will be considered a face by the end of the year but he will not be World champion anymore
- Unlike recently, Moxley won’t be World champion in 2023
- Jungle Boy will hold singles gold in 2023

Finland
- Shemeikka will lose the FCF championship to a heel early into the year. It will be the result of cheating
- I dunno I fell off hard when I moved to Berlin and couldn’t go to the events

GWF
- Crowchester will hold the Berlin championship next year
- However, it’s Erkan Sulcani who’ll hold the title at the end of the year. He will win Battlefield once again.
- The Loserweight championship will return next year! This I hope!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It’s 2023 where I am but I don’t know where you live so now’s the best time to sneak some predictions in!! Happy new year, let it be slightly better than the old one

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shida will win AEW gold again

Someone not currently in AEW will win an AEW title that isn't the All Atlantic

HOOK will lose the FTW title

Something will come out and be confirmed by a reputable source that Jericho plans to retire as a full time wrestler by the end of his current contract.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

maki itoh will win the princess of princess championship

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

There will be at least three tournaments in AEW.

There will be another Woman's Casino Battle Royale.

A NOAH regular will show up on AEW television.

Ric Flair will have a second final match, it will be sad and Dave will not rate it.

Jeff Jarrett and Sting will not have singles matches.

Dustin Rhodes will retire after a match where he puts his career on the line.

The Rock still won't have another match. If he shows up at all, it will be at Mania.

Maigius fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 1, 2023

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
-Kota Ibushi will wrestle for Cyberfight, but not for Bushiroad or AEW
-CM Punk will wrestle for AEW again
-Sasha Banks will win the AEW Women's Championship
-Bray Wyatt will not wrestle on television
-Kris Statlander will win the TBS Championship
-The All-Atlantic Championship will be defended in the UK and Mexico, but not Japan
-Cody will win the Royal Rumble, but he will top out at the Intercontinental Championship
-Orange Cassidy will wear facepaint while tag teaming with Danhausen
-Triple H will lose control of creative
-NXT will undergo another makeover
-No wrestlers will get injured anywhere

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

AEW
Shida will win gold again
A women's tag title will be introduced (possibly followed by a trios belt)
Erick Redbeard will be #ALLELITE
Sasha Banks (or Mercedes VK or whatever ring name she opts to go by) will be #ALLELITE
MJF will lose the World Title, and the physical Diamond Ring
Eddie Kingston will win gold
Kris Statlander will win gold, her title reign will be cut short by injury
The Blackpool Combat Club will gain at least one new member
Dynamite or Rampage will beat Raw or Smackdown in the ratings outright
At least one of AEW and ROH will each do at least one Forbidden Door show, and the show(s) will rule, with little to no disruption in the build
Alongside occasional NJPW talent appearing on AEW shows (and vice versa), NOAH and AEW talent will start appearing at each other's shows too
Ring of Honor will get its own weekly shows - at least 1 televised and 1 streamed (e.g., like Dark or Dark Elevation)
Adam Cole will reunite with The Kingdom to pick up where the Elite vs Undisputed programme left off
Kyle O'Reilly will return near the end of the year
Andrade will be quietly released from AEW

WWE
The Rock will wrestle at a WWE PPV or PLE
One of the big main eventers will be granted a release
Andrade will return, and be treated as a pretty big deal

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

i want my pessimists dream award back

CM Punk retires from wrestling again
Kenny Omega vs Will Ospreay disappoints when Kenny gets injured halfway through
Kota Ibushi retires from wrestling due to injury
Sasha Banks goes into acting and doesn't appear at Wrestle Kingdom at all
MJF loses the AEW Championship to Jay Lethal
FTR leave AEW
Andrade leaves AEW and buries the company in a podcast with Konan
Triple H steals several high-value names from AEW such as Adam Page and Ricky Starks
Bryan Danielson will not appear in NJPW and will leave AEW to return to WWE
Raw and Smackdown ratings climb back to mid-2010s levels
Bobby Fish is rehired by WWE
Cody Rhodes challenges and fails to win the WWE Championship
Roman Reigns is champion until 2024 and doesn't lose any matches all year
Sami Zayn is kicked out of the Bloodline but fails to win against Roman and the storyline is dropped
AEW ratings fall to 700k average for Dynamite and Rampage is eventually cancelled or replaced with a new show
Tay Melo becomes AEW Women's Champion and is featured heavily on Dynamite with Sammy Guevara who is the real focus
The Rock doesn't come back to wrestling
The Young Bucks declare 2023 to be their last active year in wrestling
Jim Ross comes back full time to all AEW shows in commentary after Tony Schiavone retires
Samoa Joe goes back to WWE after his contract is revealed to be for one year
Eddie Kingston is barely on TV all year
ROH is quietly disbanded and most of the wrestlers are released
Jeff Jarrett wins the TNT Championship and is prominently featured on Dynamite
Tony Khan begins leaning heavily on hotshot booking based entirely on Twitter feedback
Ric Flair will appear on Dynamite

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jan 1, 2023

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Some people who I think will hold titles sometime this year:

AEW:
All-atlantic: Konosuke Takeshita
World: Eddie Kingston
TNT: Powerhouse Hobbs
Tag: Top Flight
TBS: Hikaru Shida

Stardom:
Red Belt: Giulia holds it for the whole year
White Belt: Starlight Kid
Goddess: Maika and Himeka
Trios: God's Eye. I think it will be MIRAI, Ami and Tomoka Inaba

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

So. Predictions, in no real order.

Keiji Mutoh does not wrestle again this year after his big retirement match in NOAH.

Kota Ibushi turns up at at least 1 GanPro show this year. You'd assume Wrestle Sekigahara but I'd be hardly shocked if it was just a random Itabashi Green Hall event, it'sKita Ibushi, he's mercurial. He was in attendance at their most recent show.

This is one I'm shamelessly stealing from Jamie of the Dramatic DDT blog, but it's pretty plausible. GanPro introduce Tag Titles, and they are intergender belts.

The artist formerly known as Sasha Banks does not get a Is All Elite graphic. She might show up at some point but I don't see it as a regular.

Miyako Matsumoto is on Baka Gaijin + Friends show.

IT'S KZY TIME! Kzy wins the Open The Dream Gate belt at some point. Never stop believing.

One of the Prominence 5 retires. I'm thinking Mochi Natsumi but Akane Fujita & Risa Sera seem candidates. I hope I'm wrong with this one.

Cyberagent buys Big Japan. OK, swinging for the fences here. BJW doesn't seem like it can make any money, Takagi has talked about an Onita inspired promotion, it's not Prominence sadly so gently caress it, BJW. Unlikely but vaguely plausible?

Yuma Aoyagi, Triple Crown champion.

Voodoo Murders gently caress off, finally, from All Japan before year end

10 predictions.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
AEW:

- they get their own WrestleMania/Starcade event

- rampage becomes roh show

- even more titles announced! (Women's Tag, Hardcore)

WWE:

- Vince returns to TV, as a bonus, joins the hall of Fame

- we will see a "halfway" of gimmick match ppvs and the return to ppvs like Armageddon/Fully Loaded

- money in the bank goes back to being a WrestleMania event

NJPW:

- strong finds a "American TV channel" (it'll probably be cw on Saturdays, check your local listings)

- they get an event with a WWE and AEW performer on the same card

- switchblade wins g1??

MISC:

- nwa powerrr gets desperate and calls out aew dark

- impact continues to work with WWE talent

- Hulk Hogan Deadpool brother

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

- they get an event with a WWE and AEW performer on the same card

I mean this one is happening on Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Karl Anderson making dreams come true

As the prediction game master I’m going to rule that Forums Poster TelevisedInsanity predicts that NJPW will have another show in 2023 with both a WWE and an AEW wrestler on the card.