Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Lol that Dre pretended that Aftermath never happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Also, not putting out a hit album in nearly a decade does indeed count as falling off. You dont get to just not put one out and act like that counts.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Lol that Dre pretended that Aftermath never happened.

Wouldn't you? I don't think we can judge Dre too harshly for this particular decision.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

bird with big dick posted:

Your ex isn’t evil op she just loves big cocks

This is a suspicious username/post combo...

However it is off-topic for this thread--unless op is Dr. Dre IRL and you are loving his wife, in which case that is just another piece of evidence that Dre has indeed fallen off.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I want to know if Puff Daddy ever drove that Benz.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Dr. Dre got me hooked on pain killers

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i liked his last album tbh

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Time to send him some hate mail.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

dre fell off? how!? my last album was... uh ... compton

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I think that Dre's attitudes towards women might not be the healthiest.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

he never recovered from that weird GTA Online DLC he did

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I think that Dre's attitudes towards women might not be the healthiest.

Has anyone asked him to be a GBS mod

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I heard he is not even a real doctor, just a drentist

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Smugworth posted:

Has anyone asked him to be the founder of SA

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Doctor Dré suffers from type 2 diabetes. He had lost his vision in October 2019 and his leg in 2020 due to complications with the disease.[3][4]

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

Doctor Dré suffers from type 2 diabetes. He had lost his vision in October 2019 and his leg in 2020 due to complications with the disease.[3][4]

Wrong Dr Dre, lol.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

A year after Straight Outta Compton came out, he produced the early era New Jack Swing hit "No More Lies" by Michel'le. I think it's his voice doing the talking in the song. In fact I think he worked on the whole album.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Saalkin posted:

Dr. Dre got me hooked on pain killers

Doctor Butts posted:

A year after Straight Outta Compton came out, he produced the early era New Jack Swing hit "No More Lies" by Michel'le. I think it's his voice doing the talking in the song. In fact I think he worked on the whole album.

Will his treachery never end???

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

he never recovered from that weird GTA Online DLC he did

Neither have I, frankly.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Dr. Frank N. Furter didn't even make the list?!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Doctor Butts posted:

Michel'le sounds like Minnie Mouse and she claims it's her natural speaking voice. It seems far fetched.

Also, Dre beat her a lot, because of course.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I didn't even know about the beating and I thought that high pitched voice was just a bit. drat.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Wrong Dr Dre, lol.

if I had a nickel for every hip-hop Dr Dre

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Doctor Butts posted:

Also Bronx rapper Tim Dog claimed to have hosed Michel'le in "gently caress Compton" on his landmark album Penicillin on Wax.
"ya shoulda heard how the bitch was moanin
(sings in parody Michel'le voice for a bit)
shut the gently caress up bitch ya can't sing
ya sound like a kid playin' on a swing"
I think Timothy Dog should've focused his ire solely on NWA et al and left her out of it.

Does this help or hurt the "Dre Fell Off" case??

I dunno but more people should listen to Penicillin on Wax. The beats are great, Tim is a lovely lyricist but he is so loving angry the whole time. Dogs Gonna Get Ya is the funniest song ever for this.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Tim Dog is a loving terrible name for a rapper

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Also Bronx rapper Tim Dog claimed to have hosed Michel'le in "gently caress Compton" on his landmark album Penicillin on Wax.
I think Timothy Dog should've focused his ire solely on NWA et al and left her out of it.

I dunno but more people should listen to Penicillin on Wax. The beats are great, Tim is a lovely lyricist but he is so loving angry the whole time. Dogs Gonna Get Ya is the funniest song ever for this.

i've listened to it as a historical time capsule (it sort of started the east-west beef in the early 90s. or at least was an early marker of it), but musically, it sucks

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Who's this Dr Dre. Can't recall ever hearing that name

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

While not directly applicable to the thesis of this thread, this is an interesting--if unpleasant--piece of Dre's legacy.

Also that video was straight gangsta. There was some big jacked shirtless dude swinging a lightbulb around over his head, which was very much what was going on in the streets at that period in time.

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Wrong Dr Dre, lol.
the tv dre should have conceded and rebranded as dr. andre, mc or something

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Apparently he was once quoted as saying he liked to have his "cheeks blown out" in reference to receiving anal sex.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
he simply enjoyed to play the trumpet

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Futanari Damacy posted:

Apparently he was once quoted as saying he liked to have his "cheeks blown out" in reference to receiving anal sex.

He allegedly like to gently caress trans women on the down low. That's why "To Live and Die in LA" starts with 2Pac saying, "California Love Part II, without gay rear end Dre".

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Maybe he should have just stayed with Eminem?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Tim Dog looked hard in the video but the rhymes and beats were straight dookie. It's right up there with 2 Live Crew's "Cowards in Compton" as far as limp dick disses against Death Row that no one except true hip hop geeks will ever remember.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
If he does release a new album, I hope there are lots of skits between tracks.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

EEKA GEEK posted:

The Chronic had pretty decent skits, tbf. I'd put it up there with De La Soul is Dead as far as the skit game goes.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzKxUrAj8mU

Dre having a whole closet full of black Ben Davis shirts is a good bit too.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Peggy Edson posted:

Who's this Dr Dre. Can't recall ever hearing that name

Treecko posted:

Maybe he should have just stayed with Eminem?

I have heard these sentiments repeated numerous times, but I never get used to hearing them. Tragic.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

EEKA GEEK posted:

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Edmund Sparkler posted:

The Chronic had pretty decent skits, tbf. I'd put it up there with De La Soul is Dead as far as the skit game goes.

honestly unsure if I say cracka more or less often than deez nuts