Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Empty Sandwich posted:

honestly unsure if I say cracka more or less often than deez nuts

That was the funniest poo poo, ngl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

drat, this thread got me nostalgic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tu-qDHSSZo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msK3vmk5Z1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWA33mqO5AQ

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
^e: I listen to it every 6n months or so

"Listen! I'm hemorrhoid! I'm the leader!"

e2: ah, better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhTa1q0mqdg

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 9, 2022

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

It's fun hearing all the samples De La Soul used that got used later in huge songs. Obvious examples being "Regulate" and "Hotstepper".

My mom made a point of telling me that De La Soul is grammatically incorrect in Spanish. Honda had it right.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

When I was in high school, I took an art class and my big project for the semester was making a pencil drawing of the De La Soul overturned flower pot, the No Limit tank, and the Mo Thugs pyramid w/ fist all on the same canvas. It was 1998.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Edmund Sparkler posted:

My mom made a point of telling me that De La Soul is grammatically incorrect in Spanish.

ah, but that is because it's French

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Tim Dog looked hard in the video but the rhymes and beats were straight dookie. It's right up there with 2 Live Crew's "Cowards in Compton" as far as limp dick disses against Death Row that no one except true hip hop geeks will ever remember.

I mean of course it's for hip hop geeks, but it's a loving funny album, if unintentionally. Tim SUCKS at rapping but his energy is MOP level angry and he has a song called "Goin Wild in the Penile" because he thought that's how you said and spelled Penal.

And the whole gently caress Compton thing is funnier for it because Tim Dog was clearly not gonna get a West Coast gangsta era type record deal even if labels were interested in Bronx rappers at the time.

It is not the definitive Dre diss album or anything but it's the most enjoyable.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Great now I have to go re-listen to The Marshal Mathers LP and the only song I ever liked was 'Fack'

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I mean, this video is funny as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFcv5Ma8u8k

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Naw that was sad. D12 broke up for a reason. Don't listen to a King Gordy album.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Futanari Damacy posted:

Tim Dog is a loving terrible name for a rapper

Treecko posted:

Naw that was sad. D12 broke up for a reason. Don't listen to a King Gordy album.

I have it on good authority that King Gordy is not a real king, nor is Tim Dog a real dog. Starting to wonder if the rap game is full of charlatans, tbqh.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Obviously.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Grumblepuff posted:

Someone forgot that this is the millennium of Aftermath :smug:

With a roster...5 people deep, that means everyone gets 200 years.

This is Year 22 of the Season of Silk Sonic.

:dealwithit:

That is only part and you missed the point.

He says this:

“This is the millennium of Aftermath
It ain't gon' be nothin' after that
So give me one more platinum plaque and gently caress rap, you can have it back”

And the 2001 Album went platinum. So he did what he said he’d do and gave rap back.

Close thread.

E: 6 times, it went platinum 6 times.

Modulo16 fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 9, 2022

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Tim Dog looked hard in the video but the rhymes and beats were straight dookie. It's right up there with 2 Live Crew's "Cowards in Compton" as far as limp dick disses against Death Row that no one except true hip hop geeks will ever remember.

Hey motherfuckers welcome back to the twenty dollar sack pyramid...

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Modulo16 posted:

That is only part and you missed the point.

He says this:

“This is the millennium of Aftermath
It ain't gon' be nothin' after that
So give me one more platinum plaque and gently caress rap, you can have it back”

And the 2001 Album went platinum. So he did what he said he’d do and gave rap back.

Close thread.

E: 6 times, it went platinum 6 times.

Ironically, 2001 was released in late 1999. And indeed the millennium era was great for hip-hop, with many of its top artists reaching #1 on the Billboard charts from 1999-2000--artists such Tupac, The Notorious B.I.G., Jay Z, DMX, LL Cool J, Foxy Brown, and Silkk the Shocker. Conspicuously absent from this list was Dr. Dre.

Although we were all too excited by the millennium to notice, it's clear in retrospect that Dre was falling off, even at the height of gangsta rap's popularity--despite what his apologists would have you believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I woke up out that coma 2001
Bout the same time Dre dropped 2001

Good one, Game :effort: