Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Back in the day, I bought this game at a local store that only had like seven games for sale (pretty sure I also bought Clayfighter 63 1/3 there, regret). Body Harvest is cool as poo poo. The first level you get to drive a tank and get a mirror shield that shoots sun beams. Java was hard as heck but I'm pretty sure I sequence broke it by firing the elephant gun while in fanboat to jump a river.
Just looking at that sentence makes me remember how weird this game was. Pretty fun overall. Not sure if it aged well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

The time period thing really made the game shine. But the idea of an open world you could explore was wild. I liked driving the goofy yellow car in Greece, and specifically remember merking aliens with the Panzerkampfwagen.

Nooner posted:

I know I played this but I don't really remember it but I think I remember driving cars around and getting like a cool shield or something that hosed stuff up but then you'd run out of time and lose or something? Idk

I do remember there was something like an Invasion gauge, if you let too many people die or didn't stop the aliens when they attacked a town, you could lose.

Didn't realize the ice cream truck made it into the GTA series. That is pretty rad.

E: I also had Space Station Silicon Valley, very cool game but was brutally difficult at points.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Futanari Damacy posted:

Not enough people are talking about this game! Top 5 for the console

I can still hear the hyena laugh...