Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

An animal to base your mascot on - bear
A personality trait (shy, scared, joyful, whatever) - inquisitive

i am excite

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

detective!

Heather Papps

hello friend

deep dish peat moss posted:

Here is your inquisitive bear detective.

un-bear-leavable. this loving rules so hard thank you!!!!

Heather Papps

hello friend

i love these how is this not a kids cartoon already

Heather Papps

hello friend

deep dish peat moss posted:

I have this vague plan to make a "game" in RPGMaker that is essentially a large and surreal living world full of NPCs going about their day, and as the "player" you are in a Groundhog Day thing and you walk around and talk to them and have conversations and see the world. You might change their mind in a conversation about something which will make them go somewhere else or do something else or whatever. So you play the same day over and over but based on what you do, different things happen. With some degree of gamey-ness like collecting items/keys/etc. More of an interactive diorama of a little cartoon society than a game. I don't know exactly but that's the plan, it has proven very difficult to do both the writing and the art for something like that though. And I am also putting together a portfolio to send to some literary agents who represent illustrators for kids books and these are going in it :kiddo:

edit: Basically it's like Hitman but instead of Assassinating The Target you just make friends w/ cartoon buddies

this is a very good idea but also i am reminded of this business from when i was a kid. you sent them your child's name and a photo and they printed a book where your kid was the hero, and as a child i received one of these. it was impactful.
a much simpler version where parents input their kids prompts and get something would rule i am not a business person i just was reminded of this thing from my childhhood.

a version of hitman where you set up acts of kindness instead of murder rules. hiding a walrus's toothbrush he lost in his newspaper, tripping a bear so he meets the love of his life, a big wasp that does something. it'd be cool as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I love this lizard natural philosopher

this guy just fixed the common cold