Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Expo70 posted:

New tetras are good. Glad the shotguns got nerfed. Still not fond of the game. Glad folks are enjoying it.

Necro'd. Sup Fiver.

1. Pre-4 is absolutely ac. So if 5th. So is 6th. AC is as AC does.

2. I just don't like 6th and sour grape'd everywhere because butthurt (mid game after 10yrs + sad brain = more sad brain). I saw how not-normal my reaction was and took my brainworms out back and shot them. Ayre's fine, I'm just salty.

3. I have no idea who Derek Smart is.

4. You didn't cut me out of your life lol

e: I now know who Derek Smart is. jfc

:patriot: taking responsibility for your own brainworms is a feat beyond most people, hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Conspiratiorist posted:

PvP tank players show treads can dodge. Mastering tank movement is like flying a chopper vs flying a plane (other ACs), though.

I found the biggest trick to tank treads gameplay is basically to learn that anytime you change directions, it’s much faster to quick boost into the new direction than to just slowly turn into it. That alone should increase your mobility fairly exponentially.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 10, 2024

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

i want to like treads but it feels like they lose hard to anything that can hold X better than you can, which is pretty much everything else. i feel glued to the floor in these things!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The basic boosters are quite bad but assault boost is fairly efficient at gaining altitude. You are quite dependent on the terrain to maintain it though yeah.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://x.com/HardDriveMag/status/1767708654382280895

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
baldurs gate 3 took over my gameing life for a bit - how did the pvp shake out? when I last played the meta was either play the omega gently caress you tank with dual 1 shot canons and power boosting everywhere, or the float all day rain missile bullshit build. is the meta healthier now? is it even more degenerate? did they nerf the everliving gently caress out of those plasma canons that nearly 1 shot medium builds?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
They rebalanced a lot of weapons and fixed some major bugs, but the popular play styles remained just with new weapons. The biggest problem now is barely anyone plays so matchmaking is pretty dead.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

well to be fair, floating at the top of the dome and stalling out with x y z missile weapons while you recharge is methodical and boring with almost no interactions. not exactly fun to play with, or against.

I appreciate the response

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

i dunno if matchmaking is dead, on ps4 i can still get a singles match within like ten or twenty seconds

the actual problem is the ranked ladder is a dick-flattening grind. play in custom rooms instead

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
You'd think companies would know better by now, that online multiplayer communities come and go so fast it's ridiculous. Serious suggestion, why don't they prepare for this by, I don't know, throwing a bunch of bots out there for people to play against when they get the itch? Yeah it will never be as good as playing against real people, but if the game is dead and there's no other option, seems like a better solution than just waiting in a matchmaking queue forever.

Yeah sure there's always the Arena but sometimes you just want to hit one button and play against a procession of random mechs you've never played against.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think FromSoft absolutely did realize this and accounted for it by having the vast majority of the game be a robust single player experience

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I think FromSoft absolutely did realize this and accounted for it by having the vast majority of the game be a robust single player experience

Yeah. Unlike 5, it's primarily single player, and it doesn't even have multiplayer achievements like For Answer. You play the game for single player. The online stuff is a little side bonus, primarily for fooling around with friends.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would enjoy a mission randomizer, like it follows the existing format of a mission but will roll random enemies to fight, with the occasional boss showing up. There's quite a few enemies that you don't get to see that often.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

yeah I never bought the game under the impression I'd play it 5x longer in multi than single player, I guess the nostalgia hit of ac4 and the bois and I getting together and smashing each others face made me want to give it another go. still happy about the purchase, the meta (in most games) just isn't for me

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

they should've had matchmaking (ranked especially) available at launch and from game start, then it would've had legs to stand on. sadly they used treads

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, Bandai announced the first 30MM Armored Core kits tonight. Bad news first. They're going to cost nearly 4,000 yen, same as the biggest kits in the line, while being the same size as a more standard kit (130mm, so about 1/72 scale). There's also not going to be any releases until September.

Good news?

We're getting Nightfall and Rusty's Steel Haze right out of the gate, and they're really, really good looking.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU6YeOdU59QdhqLfcUeiG6sq2GIImu381&si=Tm49bt5SdHyu_iDW

Youtube playlist of disc 3 of the official physical soundtrack which has all-new tracks/remixes not in the currently available soundtrack on streaming.

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

"The only thing peace accomplished was stagnation."

I enjoyed the custom room PvP and slap fighting with familiar players a lot more than the generic match making grind. Mostly because relatively soon after release there was people around on west/east coast for custom games and the general vibe was geared more towards experimentation.

The global queue is too all over the place in terms of lag and the ranked players lean towards very sweaty. Not in and of itself bad, but it's not nearly as engaging. Fighting for S rank again lost a lot of its appeal this time around, but I really enjoyed the first go around.

That said, I am super excited to see where the series goes from here.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

So, Bandai announced the first 30MM Armored Core kits tonight. Bad news first. They're going to cost nearly 4,000 yen, same as the biggest kits in the line, while being the same size as a more standard kit (130mm, so about 1/72 scale). There's also not going to be any releases until September.

Good news?

We're getting Nightfall and Rusty's Steel Haze right out of the gate, and they're really, really good looking.

They look a few heads taller and chunkier than a standard 30MM though.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

even if it was the roughly same height, you wouldn't get the AC6 core designs + weapons on as few sprues as designs made with being kits in mind from the start like the other 30MM kits (mostly?) are, so no great surprise it's a bit pricier

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ibblebibble posted:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU6YeOdU59QdhqLfcUeiG6sq2GIImu381&si=Tm49bt5SdHyu_iDW

Youtube playlist of disc 3 of the official physical soundtrack which has all-new tracks/remixes not in the currently available soundtrack on streaming.
Stain from AC5 and some For Answer tracks too, whew. Pretty neat disc, thanks for linking.

Hah:

quote:

Track 16: Takes Me Anywhere
Composition: Shoi Miyazawa
Lyrics: Shoi Miyazawa
Vocal: Shoi Miyazawa
Chorus: ARMORED CORE VI: FIRES OF RUBICON Development Staff

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Mar 20, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/30mmissions/status/1770370905778340064?t=_As2wOecEgSMr69urlXVlg&s=19

https://twitter.com/30mmissions/status/1770373831758364728?t=JdhzSm9Q4xmdBjInIfUyrQ&s=19

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

Chorus: ARMORED CORE VI: FIRES OF RUBICON Development Staff

:unsmith:

Kinda hope some of those songs show up in the DLC.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sundance Shot posted:

:unsmith:

Kinda hope some of those songs show up in the DLC.

Yeah, Takes Me Anywhere sounds like it should be the credits theme to Fires of Rubicon, holy poo poo.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

Ibblebibble posted:

Fires of Rubicon (Coral Vortex) sounds like trailer music for an AC6 horror movie.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Darth Nat posted:

Fires of Rubicon (Coral Vortex) sounds like trailer music for an AC6 horror movie.

This is the song that plays when a rival AC pilot has to face C4-621.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I just started playing this morning and JESUS CHRIST SULLA!!!!!!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Fifteen of Many posted:

What's your weapon setup? Sulla is oretty weak to melee if you're able to close the distance.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Fifteen of Many posted:

Just another of Walter’s hounds he’s had to put down.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

i think this is my favorite fromsoft game which is wild. you have to go pretty far down my list of favorites before you run out of from games.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Managed to get Sulla, now beating my head against Balteus. I can get it down to just under 50%. I really need some better shield breaking abilities than just my melee swing but I don’t want to back out of the mission to farm money :negative:

Edit: GOT HIS rear end :dance:

Fifteen of Many fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 9, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Never underestimate the power of complaining on the internet

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hell yeah

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Waffleman_ posted:

Never underestimate the power of complaining on the internet

It's true, I would usually beat bosses the very next try after complaining to this thread

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Fifteen of Many posted:

Managed to get Sulla, now beating my head against Balteus. I can get it down to just under 50%. I really need some better shield breaking abilities than just my melee swing but I don’t want to back out of the mission to farm money :negative:

you never need to farm money, selling parts gives you a 100% refund

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fifteen of Many posted:

Hell yeah!

TheRaggedQueen
Mar 4, 2015

Yeah, no.
Balteus is usually the biggest early game hurdle. Once you can get past him a lot more pieces unlock in the shop before the game decides to throw another roadblock at you.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I banged my head against sulla like a dozen times and then got balteus first go tbh, I think sulla is harder.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

meanwhile i didnt even pop a heal on sulla, but i banged my head against the wall with balteus for ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Pre-nerf Balteus was pretty tricky for me but once I ran tank treads and bubble guns I cleared quick.