Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
A CD of Selected Ambient Works 85–92 in 2014, because I couldn't find it at a local store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Buce posted:

that lube still good?

You want to try it :smug:?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Was looking for some music samples to play around with and thought, "Huh, why not just grab them from two of the most sampled albums ever? 'Nautilus' and 'Take Me to the Mardi Gras,' it is."

That's from my second (and current) Amazon account, though. My first computer poo poo the bed in 2005 and I lost and forgot the password to my first account. The first thing I bought on Amazon with my first account was Prima's strategy guide for Silent Hill in 1999.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Earliest thing listed, I didn't shop online much til the last few years.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
Bought a book for DB2 v.5 ???? in like 1998 while i was in college.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
"The Swamp Gas Times" by Patrick Huyghe. A UFO book. May 10, 2012.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
I was really hoping for an experience similar to HOMM3, I was disappointed

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I had a lot of fun with the mission editor in ARMA2

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Looking at this has taught me that Amazon definitely has problems with their data retention. I know for certain that I made orders from them before December of 1999, but those orders aren't appearing. Also, if I try to click "view order details" or "view invoice", it won't show anything. A lot of my orders from 2000-2001 also just say "There's a problem displaying the details for this order right now. Click "View order details" or try refreshing this page."

As for this order, I believe these are all Christmas gifts for 1999. I definitely don't remember ever owning that book or those albums.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
I know I bought a book as a gift in 2001, but instead of the book I got, like, a Celine Dion album or some poo poo and sent it back. This is the first thing that shows up in my history.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Remember audio CDs? :unsmith:

Tbh they have been serving me well. Some of the 'remasters' on Spotify etc just sound wrong to me.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 11, 2022

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

You Are A Elf posted:

Was looking for some music samples to play around with and thought, "Huh, why not just grab them from two of the most sampled albums ever? 'Nautilus' and 'Take Me to the Mardi Gras,' it is."

That's from my second (and current) Amazon account, though. My first computer poo poo the bed in 2005 and I lost and forgot the password to my first account. The first thing I bought on Amazon with my first account was Prima's strategy guide for Silent Hill in 1999.

excellent choices.

here's mine

look at the date on this hahaha

all of them are great to this day... well I haven't listened to the cornelius in a long time

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

That first item is a box set of The Jam's discography. This would have been first year of university.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I forgot to check international storefronts, my actual first purchase was importing my high school friends’ debut album from .co.jp. :3:

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

an extremely 2011 product to buy

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

another fun thread idea would be to identify all of your amazon purchases that are most likely floating somewhere in the pacific trash continent now

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
How the hell can you guys remember this

And don't tell me you're still on your 1st account, No way

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

how many amazon accounts do you need?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'm pretty certain I had an account under another email before this but this is the oldest on my current one.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I think it was The Rock's biography back when Amazon was just a book store

I also remember my brother and I were very amused to learn his name was "Dwayne"

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

excellent choices.

here's mine

look at the date on this hahaha

all of them are great to this day... well I haven't listened to the cornelius in a long time

I am glad to see that I am not the only person who responded to the horrors of 9/11 by becoming an insufferable hipster.

rivid
Jul 17, 2005

Matt 24:44
Was a waste of money. I had an old iMac I bought at a computer fair to gently caress around with because I always wanted one and updated it to the most current OSX version it would run. Ended up selling the computer to a lady who turned it into a cat bed.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Bad Purchase posted:

how many amazon accounts do you need?

I dont buy poo poo continuously and who remembers passwords ?

Not me
:D
That's the reason for my different names here even.

I must have had 5 different Amazon accounts at least. They send an email, we'll give you a month free, and I sign up again and buy more art supplies from Amazon warehouse lol

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I avoid using Amazon if at all possible, so one account has been fine for me over the years. I think I have like 4 purchases from them this year, and 2 of those are Amazon gift certificates for my brother and niece, respectively.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

RapturesoftheDeep posted:

I am glad to see that I am not the only person who responded to the horrors of 9/11 by becoming an insufferable hipster.

please, i was insufferable before 9/11

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Spinz posted:

How the hell can you guys remember this

And don't tell me you're still on your 1st account, No way
I have had a HotMail account since I was a kid in like 1996? and that was like my fifth e-mail account already. It just happened to be the only service I used then that survived relatively unscathed to this day AND happened to be where I started buying things on Amazon.

Though I think ostensibly I still have a Mail.com account but they started wiping the storage of accounts that did not log in for 6 months at some point and uh, yeah, I definitely do not necessarily log in to most of my "garbage account I use when buying/signing up for things" accounts often

I know this is not a "lol old Internet" nostalgia thread but along these lines I could not get over how bizarre it was when about a year ago I logged in to my Ultima Dragons account that I had literally not logged into since about 1999, and I imagine ~20 years between logins is nearing a weird record

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

A really bad jazz CD. Don’t think I could sit through a single track

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

9/11 is also my parents wedding anniversary lol

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

University textbook. Barely read it, but still have it.

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

a VHS of Krush Groove in 2002

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

UHF and Stargate on DVD in 2007

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

Staying with my dad for the summer and forgot to bring any games with me, ordered kotor a few weeks later.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

German translation of Miyamoto Musashi's Five Rings.

While You Were Partying, I Studied the Blade. :hai:

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Dec 11, 2022

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
back in 2008:

A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows

I still have yet to read Feast

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Orc Priest posted:

back in 2008:

A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows

I still have yet to read Feast

Don't bother, it's definitely weakest

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Too bad I can’t find my early eBay history, I think my first purchase in 98 was a Frank Kozik poster for an NWA show

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
I thought it was going to be the time I tried to get into Thomas Pynchon in high school and bought Against the Day, but apparently it was On Golden Pond? I don't know why I wanted to see this movie

Doctor J Off fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Doctor J Off posted:

I thought it was going to be the time I tried to get into Thomas Pynchon in high school and bought Against the Day, but apparently it was On Golden Pond? I don't know why I wanted to see this movie

THE LOONS NORMAN, THE LOONS