Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tony said Punk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Until they put ALL the ROH archives then I shan't give ol' Tony a tenner.

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Unless they’ve digitized way more of it, it’s mostly just the Sinclair years

I'm looking at it now, and the TV archive goes back to 2011, which the internet tells me is when Sinclair purchased ROH, but the Event archive goes all the way back to 2002.

Anyways you can see for yourself what is there at https://watchroh.com.

ExHumus fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 11, 2022

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If ROH TV is where Tony Khan decides to book some poo poo like, I dunno, Yoshiki Inamura vs. Samoa Joe, I am subscribing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ExHumus posted:

I'm looking at it now, and the TV archive goes back to 2011, which the internet tells me is when Sinclair purchased ROH, but the Event archive goes all the way back to 2002.

Anyways you can see for yourself what is there at https://watchroh.com.

The pre Sinclair years are just a few random events here and there.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

Riccaboni crushed this drat PPV

ian/caprice and the refs all crushed this pape imo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kinda wish they would use the old style black and red canvas

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Did anyone ever say what happened with the weird finish in the Rush match?

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Well they never shared it on social media, as far as I’ve seen, which is always a sure sign that They hosed Up

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress YES ATHENA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

she's so great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

Check out her Media Scrum appearance too, she was great. As was Samoa Joe.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Lamuella posted:

Meltzer and Alvarez speculated that Dralistico might have been upset about being booked to lose, so he lifted shoulder on the planned finish to make it look sketchy.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lamuella posted:

he pumped the kickout but the shoulders stayed pinned op

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yoots/Garcia loving hell :stare:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
First RoH pape, and honestly, it was a lot ropier than any of the AEW ones I've watched. The entrance staircase and super-narrow corridor made me appreciate how much I like the big TV ramp, and it was a real shame to see so many empty seats at the start (though they filled in nicely by the very end). There were quite a few matches on the card that did not much for me, and there were 2 badly hosed finishes (the LFI/Fox and Friend, and the 6 man championship). But there were a handful of excellent matches (the womens, the pure, the tag titles) that made it worthwhile.
Also, I went to sleep before the world title. I'm sad that the Ring of Jericho era is ending, but I guess if they want less of RoH on AEW tv, but you don't want to exile Chris to a streaming service, it makes sense.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dax don't headbutt a chain you loving idiot

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

Yoots/Garcia loving hell :stare:

The Navarro Stretch in the ropes was so loving cool and nasty

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Do we reckon Tony's selling a stake to NJPW?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
My normal wrestling watch group couldn't get together until the normal time so we started the pape at normal pape times. Holy poo poo what a great show.

Briscoes vs FTR was nuts holy poo poo.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

drat fine pape, as every Tony Khan joint has been this year. Every match was at least good, and we also had a very strong GOTY candidate. Bet you can't guess which one!

Los Ingovernables vs AR Fox and Friend: decent match, but weirdly sloppy at times. Absolute brutal poo poo from Rush and his entrance still owns. The ending was bizarre. Was it a botch or just weird? Who knows, decent match.

Women's Title: Good-rear end match. Love Athena's new look and aggressive personality. Some awkward spots, but also many more that looked very good. And hell, finally gold for Athena!

SIOG vs Poundland SIOG: Keith Lee and Swerve have quickly become one of my favourite acts in wrestling, because they're individially so good and have an even better tag team dynamic. That spot where Lee caught Shane Taylor out of the air was loving nuts and of course we got plenty of SIOG shenanigans ending with Swerve swerving Lee, but Keith Lee is just too drat limitless.

Trios Title Match: The Embassy as a team do nothing for me. Brian Cage is strong as hell but a charisma void and kinda lovely in the ring at times. The other two guys don't really move my meter either. Super bummed to see Dalton and the Boys drop the titles, because unlike the Embassy, they ARE a very good team and really entertaining. I loved the very literal schoolboy trick, and of course the classic Boys spots. Oh well, I'm sure they're still going to be around as a team so that's good.

I have no idea where Daddy Magic came up with the idea of "coked up 1920s gangster" for his gimmick but god drat I love it. Also I am extremely up for a 2.0 vs Top Flight program and lol at the Hat Trick. I am so loving glad these guys got out of WWE catering and found their own weird niche on AEW.

Pure Title Match: holy poo poo this was good. Pretty much the perfect "what if an angry grudge match, except with the Pure rules". Garcia had some absolutely sick spots, like the Romero Special in the ropes. How the gently caress is this kid so good at 24? I love Yoots, but Garcia should 100% be Danielson and Mox's bully club because he's got that brutal mean streak in him. Fully sick match, and hopefully many more to come.

Tag Team Titles: You know it's gonna be a good time when the audience is chanting "holy poo poo" as the opening bell rings, and this didn't disappoint. I love all three of the Brisoes - FTR matches because they were all so different and I'd have a hard time picking a favourite. This one was just a loving brutal brawl. Even the loving referee was blading, jesus loving christ. MOTY candidate, just like the other two, and my favourite match of the year is definitely going to be one of the three. Like the others, this was so good that it kind of makes every other match seem worse in comparison because it's not this.

Five stars, no loving notes, just keep wrestling forever.

ROH TV Title: Good match but uhh I wasn't heavily invested after the Briscoes - FTR. Enjoyed how over Joe still is with RoH fans and the very loud "Joe's gonna kill you" chants.

World Title: This was some proper Jericho brand sports entertainment with all the classics, like Jericho inexplicably thinking he had won by submission after a rope break. It's so cool that in 2022 Jericho can still keep mixing in new stuff with his old dumb stuff and have the crowd popping. Legit GOAT candiate, IMO. And loving lol at Claudio winning the match by submission with the giant swing. The perfect ending! OCHO!

Best bout: obviously the Tag Titles, and not because the rest of the card was bad or anything.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
man that show ruled, every single match was great.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Pinwiz11 posted:

DAX PLUS DOG COLLAR EQUALS FANTASY

yeah had hte same reaction, he should do some modeling

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I have no idea where Daddy Magic came up with the idea of "coked up 1920s gangster" for his gimmick but god drat I love it.

This gimmick is just called "being from Quebec"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Ganso Bomb posted:

loving nuts so far. Also I noticed JD Drake in the crowd earlier and I wonder if he’ll come into play or if he’s just hanging.

Workhorsemen and Trent Seven!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Do we reckon Tony's selling a stake to NJPW?

what, lmao, no.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

flashy_mcflash posted:

This gimmick is just called "being from Quebec"

Now I'm imagining Patrick Roy yelling about his nipples getting hard and asking people if they want a taste and you know... it fits.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Patrick Roy has definitely asked plenty of people if they want a taste

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Came to ask about that. It looked like someone was out of position (I was honestly worried Blake Christian was going to accidentally knee the ref right in the head). LFI taking the loss here just didn't really make sense and Dralistico clearly kicked out just before the 3-count. He was either being incredibly unprofessional on his first (I think? Unless he'd appeared at a different AEW or ROH show earlier this year) proper night in the company, or there was a case of miscommunication.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

(I was honestly worried Blake Christian was going to accidentally knee the ref right in the head).

Yeah that spot looked like the ref was supposed to stay down and Blake was going to do a sick flippydoo over him or a vault or something but instead the ref got up and almost got his face busted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Patrick Roy has definitely asked plenty of people if they want a taste