Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its a very good videogame imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Did we ever get the affinity map last year of which posters we were most like in taste? We had it in 2020 but i didnt see 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

my games of the year are horizon forbidden west and god of war ragnorako

We get to vote on worst games this year?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Your fav game is kerbal 2 i can tell

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Do not post like this.

Only did it to ethan cause we are buds and he was sarcastic

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Everhood is on my 2021 list. It owns

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

McCracAttack posted:

I feel like I must be missing part of my soul because of how many times I've bounced off Dragon Quest 11.

Try playing in exactly 40 mins chunks the game is paced so that every objective takes about that long. I played it that way for a couple months while enjoying other things and its very good like that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

What the gently caress NORCO sounds amazing and you gave the best possible reference points to ensure I play it as soon as humanly possible

Norco owns

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

10. Monster hunter sunbreak - capcom's year was mostly dlc but it was dang good dlc.

9. Shotgun king - chess roguelike where you blow enemy pieces away with a frickin' double-barrel

8. Tmnt shredders revenge - the best turtles brawler ever made.

7. Tinykin - like pikmin and chibirobo had a baby that inherited none of either of its parents bullshit

6. Into the breach advanced edition - a great game gets even better. Always up for a loop of this game.

5. Vampire survivors - best 2 dollars I ever spent and best early access to 1.0 support i've seen in a while.

4. Signalis - an homage to resident evil, silent hill, neir automata, and classic save 1 bullet survival horror level design.

3. Norco - classic adventure with a story that fits our cyber nightmare era.

2. Ai somnium files nirvana initiative - the director has upped his game in terms of loving with the player to such a degree that the stupidest plot twist ever loops around to genius.

1. Elden ring - solves so many problems in the open world genre without losing what made souls good. Makes previous revelatory open world game botw feel unfinished with its huge dungeons that retain the classic souls dungeon gameplay.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tyvm

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ww is a triumph

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think that a good test for Tristrat is if you hear the opening narration about the fictional political ramifications of the salt trade and are the type of person who goes "oh hell yeah"

I played the demo and there were 3 fights totalling like 25 mins of play intercut with 3 hours of cutscenes and even the side missions were just cutscenes with no fighting.
I will play the game when theres a pc mod to strip out the story and just do the cool combat maps.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i ended up liking the dialogue bits (including the whole branching plot system) even more than the combat but i am a total sucker for the vibe Tristrat was going for

I need the narrative in a game to be the whole game. If its half the game and the other half is more engaging to me i want to skip it. Just my way

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feels Villeneuve posted:

dub...... classic mistake

:bustem:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbc2 dub is worst in combat where its just 400 stacked character barks playing at once

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feels Villeneuve posted:

that's the good part of the dub

Thing or three status: shown

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feels Villeneuve posted:

also the best part of xc2's voice acting is the guy who screams out the status effects. no idea why they removed "a really hype guy screams out all the status effects" in xc3

I missed it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feels Villeneuve posted:

if turn based combat gives you a clinical depressive disorder, that seems like, a you problem

If you are playing chrono cross its 100% the battle theme composers fault

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

not my fualt someone decided to run into the goty thread to call bloodborne one of the worst games theyve ever played. and yet ill shoulder this blame. much like another person i can think of, from the bible.

:911:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I played guilty gear and elden ring and tactics ogre reborn tonight. Thats my top three games of the day for jan 3rd 2023 in ascending order

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Muscle Tracer posted:

I am finally getting around to SOLAR ASH. I was very excited for this because HYPER LIGHT DRIFTER is one of my all-time favorite games, just incredible aesthetic and solid gameplay. This is very different, and I have to admit I'm disappointed there are next to no RPG elements, but it's still good. I'd say it's the first good 3D Sonic the Hedgehog game.

I liked the first couple worlds but turns out rollerskating and platforming start to not jibe so good the more advanced you make the platforming

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Madden and fifa probably won

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Knew it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

Hooray! I helped!

I was really shocked Plague Tale Requiem not only didn’t make it into the top 75 but didn’t even come close. I guess people were really put off by what I’m told is an extremely grimdark tone.

Imo it just doesnt advance the gameplay of the first one [which i thought was an excellent start to a series] enough and retained so much of the jank that when paired with the less interesting story overall it was a step backward rather than a great sequel. The ending made me regret suffering through the annoying stealth encounters in the back half of the game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

Hooray! Oskirbs!

Perfect Tides is the only game I picked up specifically because of this thread. It sounds fantastic.

What is the gameplay?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Btw, the intergrade jazz medley is one of the most incredible things ever

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Wouldn’t you know it? We’ve already broken into the top 60. Time sure flies when you’re having fun! I suppose all we can do is take a look at which game is up next at #60…

60. METROID DREAD
(MercurySteam, 2021, Down 58)
34 points, listed 5 times

Oh no! It’s a result to dread for Metroid Dread as last year’s #2 tumbles all the way to the 60th spot!

I liked dread tho i think 1 nemesis would have been more effective than 7 generic ones that your formulaically kill - kinda removed the tension made it feel more like a game of packman when you encountered them. Game is good tho but i dont like mercury steams controls or lack of remap.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I want to play sonic this year

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Norco robbed of top ten

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im calling horizon "assassins crood" now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!