Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I don’t know why it was a complete no show at the VGAs. It deserved some recognition. Might be my favorite game this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Avellone wasn’t a big part of the base NV game, iirc. He was in charge of 3 of the 4 expansions, though. Dead Money, Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road. Apologies if I’m misremembering any of the above.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sorry, I’m stupid.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Morphogenic96 posted:

6. Potionomics
It’s like Reccetear but updated for modern times; they share the basic elements of time management deadlines, running a shop in a fantasy world and dealing with adventurers. The main difference being instead of the dungeon delving action-rpg gameplay to gain materials, the secondary gameplay here consists of a deck-building game to haggle and sell your potions.

The deck-building game strikes a good balance; snappy enough since you may have to do a dozen-odd haggles in a single selling session but enough depth to remain interesting. It means on top of learning their stories (which are surprisingly interesting), it makes a great incentive to level up your relationship with people to see what card you get that might change up your strategy. The potion-making similarly isn't too complex; there’s a fun mini game in making the best of what you have when only have a random mish-mash of ingredients available, but by the end of each week when you’ve usually got good pure ingredients it’s a lot more simple.

The 3D sprite animations are ridiculously good. They just have so much personality. A good thing, since there's a bunch of characters and this helps to characterize them far quicker than dialogue could.

Potionomics was a game I expected would be a sure fire indie hit after seeing a trailer months ago, but this is the first time I'm reminded of its existence since.